• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Mangold goes on the offense against trolls making up BS Indy 5 plots (he’s not being replaced, no one has seen the movie)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Not to mention that the role of Indiana Jones HAS been recast, not one, not twice, but THREE TIMES. This ain't some sort of Hollywood sacred cow.

c9tODVX.jpg
HhYaaTv.jpg

I see no reason why they are so coy about continuing Indys adventures UNLESS it is with a different character altogether.
Well that's just a case of different actors playing Indiana Jones while he was very young.

Especially at that time they did not have the technology to deage someone especially deage someone to when they were a teenager or younger.

So it's understandable in that case.

So, in this case Harrison Ford is a sacred cow to this series but they're going to have to go the expanded universe route and someone's going to take his hat up so to speak.

Personally, I'd love to see Chris Pratt in an expanded universe role. There's actually pictures of Chris Pratt photoshopped with Indiana Jones clothes and he looks very much like Harrison Ford in his day.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well that's just a case of different actors playing Indiana Jones while he was very young.
Well, it is a rebuttal to any "only Harrison can /will play Indy"

Oh yeah? There is an ENTIRE SHOW that is just that.

And goddammit I forgot the BEST ONE!
59fY1NA.jpg

Make it FOUR TIMES he's been recast!

The role is larger than Harrison. I want a recast, not some poor substitute.

ShadowNate

Coincidentally, I started watching one of Doomcock's videos today -- I didn't know who this person was before at all.

The little cunt is going hard on click-baiting. He really sounds like he put some buzz words in an AI text generator (trending ChatGPT could be a good candidate for him to continue producing this shit tier content) and made a video just reading out the nonsensical output word vomit.

I swear he was talking for 4 or 5 minutes straight, saying nothing at all really other than repeating "this thing is woke shit" every 10 sentences. I tapped out after that, there's only so much drivel I can take -- even if I do get the occasional chuckle from stuff calling out woke "agendas" in films and series, even when they're overreacting or are way off mark.

So, even though I don't have high hopes for a quality Indiana Jones sequel, at least I'm willing to give the director of the film the benefit of the doubt.

The Indiana Jones' stories work only with this character at their center anyway. Disney has already licensed an Indy game (which most likely will play like a Tomb Raider/Uncharted mashup) and it's not like they can't do animated stuff or revisit the "early years" nonsense either if they really want to keep milking the cow.

Darkmakaimura

The Indiana Jones' stories work only with this character at their center anyway. Disney has already licensed an Indy game (which most likely will play like a Tomb Raider/Uncharted mashup) and it's not like they can't do animated stuff or revisit the "early years" nonsense either if they really want to keep milking the cow.
Yeah although I think they're going to go the expanded universe route or whatever you want to call it. Spin-off I guess would be the best term because they're already talking about more movies and TV shows and since Harrison Ford said this is his last Indiana Jones movie, it's more than likely these will be spin-offs that will take place in the world of Indiana Jones.

Depending on how they pull it off, it might be okay. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Pratt as a grandson taking up the hat or maybe some kind of prequel like exploring the Abner Ravenwood character who was Indiana Jones's mentor.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Well, it is a rebuttal to any "only Harrison can /will play Indy"

Oh yeah? There is an ENTIRE SHOW that is just that.

And goddammit I forgot the BEST ONE!
59fY1NA.jpg

Make it FOUR TIMES he's been recast!

The role is larger than Harrison. I want a recast, not some poor substitute.
Lucasfilm retconned 96 year old Henry Jones Jr twenty years ago. He doesn’t exist in the DVD editions of Young Indy, he was only in the broadcast episodes.

Darkmakaimura

Lucasfilm retconned 96 year old Henry Jones Jr twenty years ago. He doesn’t exist in the DVD editions of Young Indy, he was only in the broadcast episodes.
Considering Harrison Ford doesn't look too bad for his age, he probably would look better at 96 in real life than that old Indy from Young Indy.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just showed you four examples. Saying it 6 years ago because you want Garrison back is different than when he is dead or retired.
So you’re saying the person who has produced the entire franchise since Raiders is lying. Got it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So you’re saying the person who has produced the entire franchise since Raiders is lying. Got it.
I'm saying he was pushing it in 2016(!!!) and either won't be in charge/alive (he is damn near 80 himself) when/if there is an Indy reboot.

Do you really think Lucas, Spielberg, Ford, Marshall, and Kennedy can dictate IJ forever? In 5 years I doubt most of them will be breathing.

Toons

Who cares if indy does "pass the torch"? Did yall think they were never gonna use the character or anyone else in this billion dollar franchise and let it die with one guy?

That ain't how we do things around here lol.

Im not a massive indy guy but ill probably give this a watch. This dumb ideological warfare surrounding all these movies is far more annoying than the movies usually are. At worst it will be a lame movie. At best it will be a memorable and fun send off for the character. But this franchise WILL live on past those who grew up with it. Most franchises will, as long as there's still money to be made and appeal to be had. I think a lot more people need to start accepting that inevitability.

Azurro

Banned
Hes been saying Kathleen Kennedy was being fired for like 5 years now right? Yeah those are super good sources.

That wasn't a lie, because Teela doesnt replace he man in the show lmfao

Ok, I'm convinced you are a troll now. He man isn't even in his own damn show, it's all about Teela. Well, either that or ...no offense but do you suffer from autism? That's the only way I can explain how literal you take things without you coming across as having lower than average mental capacity.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I've watched many of his videos, you only look crazy by accusing him of being a NotSee, how is the dude a Nazi? He has a silly costume and a gimmick of being a super villain in the center of the earth. You talk as if he is quoting and promoting Mein Kampf, lol.
Because he runs a Bitchute channel where he plays a different character called the Kommandant. The videos are the same, same intro style and everything, he just rants about Jews instead of women and SJWs. The reason he does it on Bitchute is because YouTube would ban that channel immediately (although he did make a Kammandant YT channel).

He’s a Nazi. The proof is out there but his fans like you refuse to accept it because he makes you laugh. I’m sure if Hitler existed today and made you laugh you’ll love him as much as Kanye does.

DKehoe

Ok, I'm convinced you are a troll now. He man isn't even in his own damn show, it's all about Teela. Well, either that or ...no offense but do you suffer from autism? That's the only way I can explain how literal you take things without you coming across as having lower than average mental capacity.
Were you excited for that show or something?

He’s a Nazi. The proof is out there but his fans like you refuse to accept it because he makes you laugh. I’m sure if Hitler existed today and made you laugh you’ll love him as much as Kanye does.
Let's not jump to "you'd love Hitler." Seems like he maybe wasn't aware of the other account.

Azurro

Banned
Because he runs a Bitchute channel where he plays a different character called the Kommandant. The videos are the same, same intro style and everything, he just rants about Jews instead of women and SJWs. The reason he does it on Bitchute is because YouTube would ban that channel immediately (although he did make a Kammandant YT channel).

Before I didn't care to look at it because 99.9% that someone calls someone a Nazi, it's a BS accusation. Also let's be honest, you are too emotionally involved in Hollywood bs, so it's difficult to take your opinion seriously.

I went and did a bit of digging, apparently someone has done voice analysis and they are different people.

So, as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not confirmed, it's just a silly rumor.

I think you are so ready to believe it because you are in love with Hollywood and hate voices that criticize it. You have been shilling for them for years, only recently when you realized wokeness is finally killing it do you turned against that.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I went and did a bit of digging, apparently someone has done voice analysis and they are different people. So, as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's not confirmed, it's just a silly rumor.

I think you are so ready to believe it because you are in love with Hollywood and hate voices that criticize it. You have been shilling for them for years, only recently when you realized wokeness is finally killing it do you turned against that.
No he’s a Nazi. It’s on you if you want to deny the truth and defend a Nazi. Even the Fandom Menace distanced themselves from him when the truth came out because they didn’t want to be associated with a Nazi. Your posts here and your dismissal of the truth just shows that you don’t mind following a Nazi. Just like Kanye.

Azurro

Banned
No he’s a Nazi. It’s on you if you want to deny the truth and defend a Nazi. Even the Fandom Menace distanced themselves from him when the truth came out because they didn’t want to be associated with a Nazi. Your posts here and your dismissal of the truth just shows that you don’t mind following a Nazi. Just like Kanye.

Have they? They referenced him in the She Hulk finale quite a bit. If he's confirmed to be a Nazi, why is his YouTube channel still up? Is it confirmed it's the same person? That would truly puzzle me if it was.

You are just too in love with Hollywood I think. It is just so difficult to take your opinions seriously, you probably want to get into the machine, or are in the machine, so you are too emotionally invested.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Have they? They referenced him in the She Hulk finale quite a bit. If he's confirmed to be a Nazi, why is his YouTube channel still up? Is it confirmed it's the same person? That would truly puzzle me if it was.

You are just too in love with Hollywood I think. It is just so difficult to take your opinions seriously, you probably want to get into the machine, or are in the machine, so you are too emotionally invested.
Whatever, Nazi defender.

Azurro

Banned
I'm watching one of those videos you posted, here is what this person lists:

- Similar body type and size (both people in a costume)
- Similar voice (he modifies his voice)
- Both use the term "transmission"

This is really fucking stupid. Are you serious? Really? I thought I'd get an identity, documents.

I am actually losing respect for your intelligence ManaByte ManaByte

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm watching one of those videos you posted, here is what this person lists:

- Similar body type and size (both people in a costume)
- Similar voice (he modifies his voice)
- Both use the term "transmission"

This is really fucking stupid. Are you serious? Really? I thought I'd get an identity, documents.

I am actually losing respect for your intelligence ManaByte ManaByte
I lost any respect I might have had for you when you’ve started a crusade to defend a fucking Nazi.

Toons

So I'm autistic because I know what replacement means? Ok lol go off then XD

Azurro

Banned
I lost any respect I might have had for you when you’ve started a crusade to defend a fucking Nazi.

You are really coming across as unhinged. I'm more than happy to denounce the guy if he's a Nazi, but I need a bit more than "both use voice modulation".

You are too emotionally involved in this. I feel you are about to cry, are you ok?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If Disney had any sense, they'd capitalise on Uncharted's failure to actually give us a proper Nathan Drake depiction, and give us an Indiana Jones set in the present day, starring his grandkid. Uncharted did well despite fucking Nate up completely with that little boy, so the audience is there for a Jones reboot, I think.
How did Uncharted fail?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Imo, whenever the director has to come out of the woodwork to defend his work. There is something going on he thinks needs defending.
Otherwise he would let the movie speak for itself.

It’s going to be another He Man stunt. Indy is going to be a silly old man bested at every opportunity by his new co lead. It is what people in charge think audiences what to see these days.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How did Uncharted fail?

I never said it failed.

freefornow

Dont really want a "torch passing". Just think it's time for this character/franchise to end gracefully.
Hope it's a solid, entertaining story. I would like to leave the theatre feeling good for once.

Top Bottom