• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 26 Sep - 2 Oct

callous

Yes, the master system sold better in Europe than the NES. I don't know how sales were distributed across separate countries except it was bigger here in Denmark, too.

Kroole said:
MsterSystem bigger in Europe for a long time?

I really doubt it. Do you have figures or something or are you only relating that UK = Europe?

I just find it odd because atleast here in Sweden the NES dominated the Master System as long as I remember.
From the massive success of the Game & Watch games in Sweden Nintendo was more popular here compared to other European countries. Heck, Bergsala (Nintendo's distributors) was even trying to get permission to release the Famicom here as early as 1984.

Of course over all when it comes to Europe, home computers like the Commodore 64, Amiga, Spectrum, Amstrad and Atari ST was more popular compared to consols in the 80ies.

Kroole

neopokekun said:
From the massive success of the Game & Watch games in Sweden Nintendo was more popular here compared to other European countries. Heck, Bergsala (Nintendo's distributors) was even trying to get permission to release the Famicom here as early as 1984.

Of course over all when it comes to Europe, home computers like the Commodore 64, Amiga, Spectrum, Amstrad and Atari ST was more popular compared to consols in the 80ies.

Ah I see. I was just amazed. I didn't even know of the Master System until the 90ies, the only you ever saw in stores, ads etc. was Nintendo games.
I though it was just the UK who was really fond of Sega or virtually anything that isn't Nintendo.

polg

what are the chances of hardware within the next 2 hours? Going away for a conference in the middle of NOWHERE... and I need #s to... um... be able to breathe

polg said:
what are the chances of hardware within the next 2 hours? Going away for a conference in the middle of NOWHERE... and I need #s to... um... be able to breathe

Slim to none. It's 6:05 Eastern right now where I live and numbers usually come at 9:30 Eastern.

Beowvlf

Banned
I didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask one simple question, and this thread's topic is the most closely related, so:

Any idea when September NPD numbers will hit?

Oh, and prediction:
DS: 39,000
PSP: 31,000

AniHawk

Heian-kyo said:
I didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask one simple question, and this thread's topic is the most closely related, so:

Any idea when September NPD numbers will hit?

Oh, and prediction:
DS: 39,000
PSP: 31,000

September NPD should be next week, I would think.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DS - 43,362
PSP - 31,702
GBM - 30,065
PS2 - 24,638
GBASP - 10,751
GC - 1,958
GBA - 397
Xbox - 112

YTD / LTD
DS - 1,809,768 / 3,305,364
PSP - 1,367,702 / 1,849,954
DS Lead - 442,066 / 1,455,410

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The notes for this week,
Sales of the top 100 titles totaled 474,268 units, 64.98% of last week's total and 61.89% of the weekly average.

Thirteen new releases took spots in the top 100, but only two of these titles-"Urban Reign" (approximately 28,000 units) in third place and "Guilty Gear XX # Reload" (approximately 16,000 units) in seventh place-sold more than 10,000 units. New releases accounted for a meager 14.60% of sales, and the market continued to be centered on existing titles.

Sales of the first version and 20th Anniversary version of top-ranked "Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros." amounted to approximately 876,000 units. It appears that if sales continue at this pace, they will almost certainly reach 1 million.

Culex

Banned
It's amazing how well the DS is doing recently without any new software.

I shudder at the sales explosion that is surely imminent.

Beowvlf

Banned
It's funny that for all the info that seems to imply that Japan is really eager for some fresh new gaming of some sort (be it next gen or Rev or DS or what the fuck ever), the crazy batshit insane success of frakkin' FM: SMB pretty much throws all that out the window.

All that's left is what we've already known for quite some time. Japanese gamers are crazy like a fox!

Diffense

I'll never doubt Nintendo's handheld strategy again.

I can't believe an overpriced GBA revision is selling so well especially since DS can play GBA games as well.

Sagitario

earthboundroxbury90817ci.gif

LOL! :lol

with those sales, I think the brain training teacher should be included in the next smash bros, maybe as a tutorial teacher or something

in fact, he should be in every tutorial in a nintendo game from now on

Dalthien

..pakbeka.. said:
with those sales, I think the brain training teacher should be included in the next smash bros, maybe as a tutorial teacher or something

in fact, he should be in every tutorial in a nintendo game from now on

:lol :lol :lol :lol

koam

Shinoobi said:
"XBOX SALES SURGE AS NINJA GAIDEN BLASTS TO 33 ON THE CHARTS"

No man! Learn your PR!

"Ninja Gaiden Black has debuted as the top selling game for Microsoft's console. The game sold more than any other Xbox title in the past year. Xbox sales also saw an unprecedented rise of over 50%!"

It's all true too!

koam said:
No man! Learn your PR!

"Ninja Gaiden Black has debuted as the top selling game for Microsoft's console. The game sold more than any other Xbox title in the past year. Xbox sales also saw an unprecedented rise of over 50%!"

It's all true too!

:lol sounds like something IGN would write
you should try becoming a politician

milanbaros

Member?
Is

1. GBA Famicom Mini Super Mario Brothers reprint - Nintendo - 45,000 (283,000)

a new game? didnt they release all thses games like a year ago or more. Are they really rereleasing a game on the same format?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Forgive my Stupidity but is this NES version of Mario Brothers or that Arcade one thats with every Mario Advance Title?

VOOK said:
Forgive my Stupidity but is this NES version of Mario Brothers or that Arcade one thats with every Mario Advance Title?
Mario Bros. = Single-screen levels, co-op play, began as an arcade game
Super Mario Bros. = Side-scrolling platformer, began as an NES game

Top Bottom