• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Carpenter sums up my opinion of Nintendo Labo

baphomet

So, the OP doesn't like Nintendo, is not liking Nintendo still a banable offence because if so I'm out. Like absolutely done with this website. It doesn't exist to blow hot air up the ass of publishers and developers. If someone makes a shit product what kind of weird forum would forbid you for calling it out. I can't even tell if that video is satire or what?

I'll note that the guys complaining about someone disliking something are nowhere to be seen when other people post absolutely relentless threads about AC Odyssey etc.

He was banned for being a trolling piece of shit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So, the OP doesn't like Nintendo, is not liking Nintendo still a banable offence because if so I'm out. Like absolutely done with this website. It doesn't exist to blow hot air up the ass of publishers and developers. If someone makes a shit product what kind of weird forum would forbid you for calling it out. I can't even tell if that video is satire or what?

I'll note that the guys complaining about someone disliking something are nowhere to be seen when other people post absolutely relentless threads about AC Odyssey etc.
Do some research and know what you are talking about before you go off half-cocked.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Nice to see that John Carpenter is alive. Now maybe he can crank out a horror movie inspired by the truly horrific events that he had to endure with the Nintendo Labo.

TrainedRage

Banned
Of course it sucks but it is unbelievable that it costs 2/3rds of the price of a good MIDI controller. Btw what are adults doing promoting or demoting Nintendo toys. I want to see the kids doing it!

As someone with an Arturia Microbrute I agree 100%

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
You know very well that's not the exact reason, otherwise similar shitposters like him would be banned as well. He knew full well what he was doing and refused to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codes 208

Rather than constantly repeat myself, I'll just show you the quote. (And keep in mind he was also making jabs in several other threads, not just his own. Shortly before he was banned he got signatured. I had assumed that was from this thread)

Make another thread like this one and that's it.

Not liking Nintendo is obviously an allowed opinion to have and to share and defend. But at this point you've made it clear that your intention is to just rile people up by making thread after thread with the exact same goal, just spelled out in different ways.
Im on mobile so I cant quote the links to his other threads. This is from his splatoon is failed new ip (before the mod locked it)

Nice to see that John Carpenter is alive. Now maybe he can crank out a horror movie inspired by the truly horrific events that he had to endure with the Nintendo Labo.
Isnt working with IGN already horror movie worthy?

Duallusion

Lol, this was hilarious right from the start when (and how) he said: "Well I intend to play... Nintendo... Labo." and it just got better and better from there. :messenger_grinning_smiling: It went exactly how I expected.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

You should probably understand the context of things before throwing a hissyfit.

Skyfox

So he made a few threads criticizing Nintendo and he gets banned?

I’ve read the titles of the recent threads and a fair few paragraphs from the OP and although I don’t agree with his opinion I don’t see the problem here.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So he made a few threads criticizing Nintendo and he gets banned?

I’ve read the titles of the recent threads and a fair few paragraphs from the OP and although I don’t agree with his opinion I don’t see the problem here.

Let's take a look at his threads:

This one (OP hasn't actually used Labo)
Splatoon is a failed new IP (not true)
How Kirby killed Nintendo (it didn't)
Making games for children is a creative dead-end (Nintendo/Star Fox bashing thread in disguise)
The Downfall and Decline of Retro Studios (Nintendo studio that never really went through a downfall)
Star Fox is one of the worst games ever made (come on)
Will Children Pay for Nintendo Switch Online? (as opposed to the other services?)

And then just two non-Nintendo threads. The guy almost exists solely to bash Nintendo. Having opinions is one thing, the bait above is another. I certainly don't think Nintendo are exempt from criticism considering how awful their online infrastructure is, but I don't make a thread once a week to bash the company as a whole.

Skyfox

Let's take a look at his threads:

This one (OP hasn't actually used Labo)
Splatoon is a failed new IP (not true)
How Kirby killed Nintendo (it didn't)
Making games for children is a creative dead-end (Nintendo/Star Fox bashing thread in disguise)
The Downfall and Decline of Retro Studios (Nintendo studio that never really went through a downfall)
Star Fox is one of the worst games ever made (come on)
Will Children Pay for Nintendo Switch Online? (as opposed to the other services?)

And then just two non-Nintendo threads. The guy almost exists solely to bash Nintendo. Having opinions is one thing, the bait above is another. I certainly don't think Nintendo are exempt from criticism considering how awful their online infrastructure is, but I don't make a thread once a week to bash the company as a whole.

I’m a massive fan of Nintendo. I’ve a Wii U and a snes classic and a new 3DS and a switch. I own both Splatoons and many, many other Nintendo games and I didn’t find any of these threads problematic.

I’ve watched videos of people assembling and using Labo (Ian Hinck of Easy Allies did an extremely thorough exploration for example). I don’t need think I should be required to buy it to clearly realise and to share that it looks like rubbish to me.

The OP video in this thread was also quite funny.

Esteban5XG

Neo Member
I tested Nintendo Labo in the last Madrid Games Week Nintengo Stand, and in my opinion it's funny to play for a while but, after that, it's getting boring. I do prefer to play with control pads instead.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I’m a massive fan of Nintendo. I’ve a Wii U and a snes classic and a new 3DS and a switch. I own both Splatoons and many, many other Nintendo games and I didn’t find any of these threads problematic.
You might not have, the moderation team and many others clearly did. I'm not bothered if people don't like Nintendo, but threads that are opened on a clear bias aren't conducive to good discourse, they just serve to start flame wars. Shit like "How Kirby Killed Nintendo" (a company who made a hefty profit last year) is just ridiculous.

Top Bottom