• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain has Brain Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a guy who was in a POW for 5 1/2 years, he has easily sacrificed more for his country than all the shitposters combined. I think we are not a country anymore where we can peacefully disagree each other without calling each other a full on cunt or the face of evil on earth.

But good to see the how far lesson of tolerance goes when the person is in the opposite camp. GG Liberals.
Yeah? What has he done lately?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Once again, when they go low, you go high:

i6s75P8.jpg

How politics should be right here.

Hope he kicks cancer in the ass, at the same time I hope he realizes this is the time to retire too.

While I'm not saying that people shouldn't be sad about this as I wish McCain all the best because cancer is something I don't wish on anyone, why should people who were going to die/go bankrupt in part because of him care about this

ZeoVGM

Banned
This is a guy who was in a POW for 5 1/2 years, he has easily sacrificed more for his country than all the shitposters combined. I think we are not a country anymore where we can peacefully disagree each other without calling each other a full on cunt or the face of evil on earth.

But good to see the how far lesson of tolerance goes when the person is in the opposite camp. GG Liberals.

Are you really going to fucking pretend that it's not just a small number of people in this thread doing that?

The vast majority of people in this thread -- of which the vast majority are liberals -- are wishing him well and not saying terrible things.

Nah let's just continue to condemn people with brain cancer. No class necessary!

Cancer doesn't make someone immune from ~30 years of horrible actions. It sucks he has cancer and it's an awful way to go, I feel especially bad for his family but he's not automatically a saint free from condemnation either.

Maybe out of sheer will power, he intentionally grew a tumor and got a blood clot to get out of the health care vote, thus killing the bill.

Now you all should feel bad.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I could list you the scientific way I could die from liver failure if the ACA gets repealed if you like.

I literally said nothing about ACA in the post you quoted.

What the hell are you replying to?

Don't fucking attack me because I think it's sad that a man has cancer.

Yeah he was a pow. Totally means he gets a free pass for everything including wanting to strip Americans of their health care and giving Sarah palin a fucking platform.

You have a ban for talking about how you hope America gets attacked so you can retaliate with nukes. You are no longer a member of NeoGAF.

Oh shiiii

Good riddance

Volimar

Obama is having his legacy erased by a over-overprivileged, russian bj blowing, glowing orange, barely coherent shithole.

Why the fuck would I listen to him on how I should feel? He'll still have his fucking healthcare if the GOP gets what it wants.

What?

Just not sure on a human level anyone can be happy he is terminal and dying of his cancer. Like, I understand in theory him "killing" unlimited human beings by voting a certain way...

But the disconnect to voting and the disconnect from actively gloating over the pain and suffering him and his family will endure aren't that different. The empathy is gone from both parties. Ugh.

TyrantII

Are you really going to fucking pretend that it's not just a small number of people in this thread doing that?

The vast majority of people in this thread -- of which the vast majority are liberals -- are wishing him well and not saying terrible things.

Conservative snowflakes are always the victim.

Don't bother, they'll take the tiniest minority and claim it's an army.

They have no empathy, so it's hard for them to see why people don't care, or legitimately might wish ill will to someone that was quite literally threatening their families or livelihoods.

I don't think that's right, but it's perfectly understandable with what's on the line for some people.

Lois_Lane

I'm thankful you guys are at least being honest with wanting to kill Republicans. Makes my radical leftist heart proud.

Please source this claim where someone said such in this thread. Most of us just don't understand why we need to suddenly turn a blind eye McCain's deeds because he got cancer.

He never once actually stood to protect people with cancer. In fact, he was going to condemn them to poverty and/or death. But now he's got so we have to do what he never would?

Nope, fuck that.

I don't like McCain, but fuck the minority celebrating this. Being for universal healthcare and believing it is a universal right means you believe it is a right like any other that everyone no matter their political leaning should be able to get help and treatment for something like brain cancer.

If you celebrate someone falling victim to it, I can only imagine that you don't really want universal healthcare at all. You just want your own healthcare to be cheaper or government provided.

To the majority being classy, I'm happy to see it.

McCain gave a lot for his country even if he doesn't think healthcare is a right like many of us here do.

NimbusD

That really fucking sucks. My mom died of cancer that spread to her brain. Not that it's the same but can have the same side effects which are fucking devastating. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Edit: a political thought related to this: I mean come on, it was obvious something wasn't mentally right with him recently. It's crazy to think that if this kept going undetected there'd be a large number of people defending his actions still and making ad hoc excuses for it.

I don't mean that to come off insensitive, just a reflection on how people will defend their side without reason.

inky

What are the chances that once he sees his bills for all this treatment, that he puts himself in the shoes of the majority of the US that doesn't have his means, but are equally able to get this disease, and decides to finally vote against his party for the first time ever with regard to healthcare?

I'm gonna go with 0% chance.

Does he even get to see a bill?

This sounds pretty dire and must be a genuinely awful experience for his friends and family, but at least he won't have to launch some crowdfunding campaign to be treated.

It's pretty telling that Obama and Clinton released statements before Trump has, I think.
At the very least, he didn't tweet about some petty stuff while this was breaking. Yeah, that's how low the bar is.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't like his actions and they certainly warrant condemnation but the man dedicated a lot to this country through his time in the military and I respect that. I would prefer he didn't die of cancer.

Ryzaki009

Why are so many people conflating going "Shame but he's still an asshole." to "WHOOO HOOO That's what you get asshole!" They're not the same thing. I wouldn't cheer anyone getting cancer but I'm not gonna cry him a river either.

Surfinn

Cancer doesn't make someone immune from ~30 years of horrible actions. It sucks he has cancer and it's an awful way to go, I feel especially bad for his family but he's not automatically a saint free from condemnation either.
I missed the part of my post where I said ANY of that.

I literally said nothing about ACA in the post you quoted.

What the hell are you replying to?

Don't fucking attack me because I think it's sad that a man has cancer.
I wasn't attacking you.
You're an asshole.
If a person is evil before they get cancer, and then they get cancer and are still evil, they're still evil just with a shitty disease that shouldn't exist and they shouldn't have to go through.

I feel empathy for his pain and suffering, I don't feel any different towards the man himself.

There are like, 5 people just on this page saying all sorts of stupid things.
It's fucking shameful and it makes me ashamed that I consider myself a liberal too.

I would also like people to enlighten me why this guy is the reincarnation of evil, beside the fact that he doesn't back ACA and is generally a Hawk when it comes to FP.

Lois_Lane

It's a response to that stupid "when they go low, we go high" bullshit quote above the retweeted pic.

I love Obama. I really do. But I'm not going to have him pulled on me like he's some MLK trap card.

Go high when it offers long-term benefits and likewise with low.

Hydrus

Obama is having his legacy erased by a over-overprivileged, russian bj blowing, glowing orange, barely coherent shithole.

Why the fuck would I listen to him on how I should feel? He'll still have his fucking healthcare if the GOP gets what it wants.

What the hell are you even talking about? Post like this is why so many people hate Gaf. I've lost 2 people to brain cancer. I may not agree with his political views, but I wish McCain a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom