• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain: Romney should pick Sarah Palin for his VP slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. John McCain says Rick Santorum should recognize “it’s time for a graceful exit” from the Republican presidential campaign in the wake of Mitt Romney’s sweep of primaries in Wisconsin, Maryland and the District of Columbia.

McCain also tells “CBS This Morning” there’s a strong field of Republicans who could be the vice presidential candidate.

When asked to suggest some names Wednesday, the Arizona Republican said, “I think it should be Sarah Palin.” But when pressed to elaborate, he said “I think we have some very qualified candidates,” citing Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida and Govs. Mitch Daniels of Indiana, Chris Christie of New Jersey and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana.

Palin, the former governor of Alaska, was McCain’s running mate in his unsuccessful bid for the presidency four years ago
SOURCE

.....Holy shit. hahahahaha

Bowdz

laugh1v6b1.gif

Slavik81

It was a bad idea for McCain. it would be a bad idea for Romney.

Is it a tradition for pragmatic Republicans to soil their ticket with crazy sidekicks?

Cheebo

Banned
To those who forget John McCain absolutely hates Mitt Romney. The behind the scene hatred he had for him in the '08 primary that has been reported is pretty intense.

He is obviously just trolling because he can't stand Mittens.

Zzoram

It was a bad idea for McCain. it would be a bad idea for Romney.

Is it a tradition for pragmatic Republicans to soil their ticket with crazy sidekicks?

Romney is perceived as not a true conservative, his VP pick has to satisfy the hardcore evangelical base. Moderate nominees always pick more extreme VPs to pander.

Palin is super popular among old white men and evangelicals, the GOP base.

MrPliskin

Banned
First he endorses Obama by mistake on Romney's campaign trail, now this?

I think he might be setting him up for failure. Good troll.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Romney is perceived as not a true conservative, his VP pick has to satisfy the hardcore evangelical base. Moderate nominees always pick more extreme VPs to pander.

Can't disagree more. Romney could pick anyone and the super hardcore Christian Taliban would still vote for him 100% since he's not Obama. Unless Romney literally resurrects Osama/Sadam and puts them as VP he will get their votes.

I'm in a similar/opposite position.

Obama could literally poop on stage during a debate and I'd still vote for him since he doesn't bend nearly as much to religious psychos.

Damn. He's bitter as hell for having to take her on as his running mate and now he's throwing the GOP under the same bus they ran him over with.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt the real McCain wants any of these candidates to actually be president.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
As much as I disagree with the guy politically sometimes, he's always had a good sense of humor. People should watch the video who doubt it, he was clearly making a joke. He knows...

Don't embarrass yourself GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom