• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Judges Week" attendees are saying not to expect too much from this year's E3.

Scanna

The same judges that gave titanfall 70 something awards?

I think their idea of a game of show is different from my idea.
Well at the time it deserved them. Everybody was going nuts and talking about it...in the end yes it turned out a bit empty on content but it was impossible to foresee at the time

komplanen

I have low expectations for playable games at this year's E3 anyways so I don't mind. 2014 looks like it'll be a slow year in big important games but as long as E3 has the big megatons for 2015 that Sony and MS are trying to sell their consoles with, then I'm happy.

FluxWaveZ

And once again, since you're intentionally choosing to be obtuse, these are people who see the preshows/judging weeks every E3... If they are taking note that things aren't looking as good, people should take note.

At least remember that what's playable on E3 is likely to be the games everyone is going to be playing for the next year, that should at least be somewhat alarming.

Yeah, because the opinions of these judges are the be-all end-all? Sorry, but I don't really care what they think, since my tastes in games often diverges from what is the most "popular, AAA, huge E3 game" that get tons of awards out there.

Not to mention that they've only seen a minor fraction of what E3 has to show. Or to mention that judges such as Jeff Gerstmann have clearly shown they are very jaded when it comes to video games in the past, and have a VERY specific taste. And anything else people have been saying.

Choose to be "alarmed" if you want to, much like I have a feeling you choose to take video game reviews from these same people as critical buying advice, but I know I'll be very satisfied by what E3 shows this year, much like I am every year.

I always temper my expectations for E3, if something surprises me then great but I already have a good number of video games I'm" copping later this year anyway.

Sad-dog-face.jpeg

hype deflated!
NOT!!!

Helps that all I am looking for are demos for The Order 1886 and Quantum Break. If we get an Uncharted trailer and the project beast reveal, I would be in tears..

Top Bottom