• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

G1 is tonight
B Block, can't miss
When we burn it to the ground
Everybody get down

New page gif
tumblr_nme0b09Zcz1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At this point I've played pretty much all the major releases this year and I'd say only a 1/4th of them would end up on any kind of GOTY list for me

'best year ever' or something

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is either GFW or WWE focusing so much on India?

That they get a bunch of YouTube views from there doesn't mean anything if the average person from the country has no plausible way to afford your product. The reason they watch YouTube videos is because it's free.

Its pretty crazy when you look into it. WWE PPVs are aired on free TV and for the majority in India a Network sub wouls be aomething like 10% of their wages PA. Who knows why they are doing it.

Hex

Banned
Why is either GFW or WWE focusing so much on India?

That they get a bunch of YouTube views from there doesn't mean anything if the average person from the country has no plausible way to afford your product. The reason they watch YouTube videos is because it's free.

I could be way off but I think it is an ad revenue vs tax balance thing that happens there which can be exploited

Ember has her issues for sure, but man she is super over. Despite what some (most?) think, something is definitely working with her. Her match with Ruby tonight was great and I haven't heard a standard NXT crowd that loud and into a match in... I don't even know how long. It's laughable that anyone thinks she'll get crowd backlash if she beats Asuka.

UFC exec: Brock Lesnar has not re-entered USADA drug-testing pool, suspension still frozen

The talk of a Brock Lesnar UFC comeback can cool its jets.

Lesnar has not re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool, which would pave the way for an Octagon return, UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky confirmed with MMA Fighting on Wednesday. The news was first published by MMAjunkie after multiple outlets reported Wednesday that Lesnar had re-entered the pool and was eyeing a comeback.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Konnan confirmed on his latest podcast that El Torito will sign with GFW. Was supposed to debut at the last tapings but had a knee injury

For reference, Swoggle is still a member of the roster. Here's rooting for another WeeLC-esque match (Ultimate X maybe?)

So back to square one with Brock huh?

lol if you buy the UFC's word on this, tbh

Reminder Dana was flatout saying a Brock return wasn't happening ever a week before he was announced for 200.

If there's one thing the UFC hates, it's them not being able to surprise people with announcements. Helwani is still on Dana's shit list for spoiling stuff

Anth0ny

maybe i'm mellowing out in my old age, but I'm having a lot of fun with the destiny 2 beta.

i don't have patience any more for long, story driven games. I pretty much don't play RPGs at all anymore. give me my shootan, fightan and platformers and I'm happy.

and yes, I skip the fuck out of cutscenes in gta5. you get the entire story through character interaction while you're actually PLAYING the game anyways :)

maybe i'm mellowing out in my old age, but I'm having a lot of fun with the destiny 2 beta.

i don't have patience any more for long, story driven games. I pretty much don't play RPGs at all anymore. give me my shootan, fightan and platformers and I'm happy.

and yes, I skip the fuck out of cutscenes in gta5. you get the entire story through character interaction while you're actually PLAYING the game anyways :)

I'm enjoying it too. That and Splatoon will be my games this week.

But lol at that Nintendo app clusterfuck.

I pretty much just play board games and whatever unique indies interest me these days. I'll play the odd bigger game but the AAA industry in general doesn't do much for me anymore.

I'll play the odd bigger game but the AAA industry in general doesn't do much for me anymore.

Same

Games are $60. I spend $60, I've gotta feel like I'm getting $60 entertainment out of it. Over time I've been of the mindset that, at least over the last few years, there hasn't really been much I can say that about.

Beefy

This isn't the echo chamber you're looking for.

Stop with the echo chamber bullshit. I posted something I think will end up glorifying slaves, at a time when the US is in a mess with racist shit. People can disagree and agree I don't mind, but having had fam who were slaves I am tired of the bullshit of black slaves being a TV show.

"That's have another show were we can call black people n*gger"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AAA games are the only games i can enjoy for the most part. Most of the acclaimed indie games have more of the identity crisis than AAA games do

Hot Topic will carry LIJ merch

Hot Topic Inc., a large retailer based in the United States, has partnered with New Japan Pro-Wrestling USA licensee and printer, Pro Wrestling Tees to bring New Japan Pro-Wrestling merchandise to every Hot Topic store in The United States and Canada.

The stores will have the original Bullet Club Bone Soldier t-shirt, along with the Bullet Club themed t-shirts for Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll, Hangman Page and Guerillas of Destiny.

Hot Topic also plans to carry the Bullet Club Zip Hoodie, Hats and Beanies along with the collector’s pins sold by United States Licensor ProWrestlingTees.com.

Starting in August, they have plans to carry Los Ingobernables t-shirts and the original Lion Mark logo t-shirt in select locations, with plans to expand to all locations in September

https://www.njpw1972.com/11612

AAA games are the only games i can enjoy for the most part. Most of the acclaimed indie games have more of the identity crisis than AAA games do

I guess it depends what you are looking for. Stuff like StarCrawlers, Battle Brothers, Factorio, Brigador, Infinifactory, Stephens Sausage Roll etc feel like they have a consistent identity. I am just happy games are being made that cater to specific interests and are ultimately satisfying for those people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It isn't until you change your lifestyle and focus on stuff other than games that you really realize how greedy a lot of games are with your time and this year feels like the worst for it. Like Nier basically saying 'no no no you need to beat me 5 times to see the real ending'

The old DW might have done that but the new DW has hobbies outside of gaming. Any time I start up one of these big ass single player campaign games now I play strong for a couple days then realize how much of my time its taking. With other hobbies and my job its like I'm not doing any sessions longer than 2 hours and I feel a lot better burning those 2 hours on a short burst multiplayer game or something similar where I know I'm getting better and can basically come back whenever I want

where as if I booted up Witcher 3 right now I'd know that I'd have to relearn all the controls, reremember character names, remember how the horses worked, remember where i was in the story and then invest 80 more hours to finish it

or i can just boot up Titanfall 2 and play 2 matches and go to the gym or watch a movie afterwards

thats a very good point and a sentiment i have expressed as well. That first quarter of the year was absolutely brutal with every big name title being an 80-100 experience.

Nier, Horizon, Persona, Zelda, Mass Effect (lol but you get my meaning), Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza...

Absolutely brutal

Top Bottom