• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 14th

Blanquito

I feel like this thread has turned into a "June 2015 NeoGAF poster age predictions" thread.

Here are my predictions:

[1 post after this one] Age 21
[4 posts after this one] Age 29
[7 posts after this one] Age 19

I got these numbers based off the average Amazon user's age for the month of June.

On Demand

Banned
School isn't that bad unless you are sitting for the examination of your life at the end of the year. Unfortunately, I am :( But after that's all done, I'll be getting a PS4 ;)

If only i was as focused as you.

Also, as a side note, I'm surprised people were shocked to find out that I'm 17. My username literally states the year of my birth :p

Ha. That's true. Forum names and gamer ID's that end in numbers usually mean that.

To be fair, i'm only 20.

19720687605_0676cbf518_o.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
That's what college does to you, so I believe him xD

No one believes me when I say i'm 20 but I am.

I've been with the company i'm currently with since I was 16 and worked my way into a role where I work with a lot of data, so i've used a lot of that experience to understand the video game market and analyse the data that's available.

I did a degree in business/leadership part time when I was working.

Purest 78

School isn't that bad unless you are sitting for the examination of your life at the end of the year. Unfortunately, I am :( But after that's all done, I'll be getting a PS4 ;)

Also, as a side note, I'm surprised people were shocked to find out that I'm 17. My username literally states the year of my birth :p

So does my User name :(

ZhugeEX

Banned
When I was 20 I was throwing rocks at my neighbor Rob.

Dude, you know more about industry trends than most people doing it for 20 years.

Thanks haha, although i'm sure there are loads of people who know more about the industry than me. I'm not an expert by any means.

I have a passion for the mobile industry (which is where my true expertise lies in my current job role) and the video game industry.

I've had this passion since a young age and constantly push myself to understand more about each industry and I love working with data which is something I do in my current role. It's why I constantly write reports on GAF in order to share the knowledge I currently have but more importantly to learn from the community here.I consider yourself to be one of the most valuable members on this forum along with some others who post here as well.

To be fair, i'm only 20.

I was not expecting you to be that young. Not like I can talk though, I'm only 2 years older.

Also, why did you change your avatar? :( I was a fan of the previous one.

It's strange just how young Sales-Age gaffers are.

Here's a histogram with GAF's median ages.

tumblr_nlpo579e441svd528o1_1280.png

I like how it says Earth years in parenthesis. As opposed to what, Martian years? lol

Also, GAF's average age is slightly higher than I thought it'd be.

joecanada

I was not expecting you to be that young. Not like I can talk though, I'm only 2 years older.

Also, why did you change your avatar? :( I was a fan of the previous one.

I like how it says Earth years in parenthesis. As opposed to what, Martian years? lol

Also, GAF's average age is slightly higher than I thought it'd be.

maybe someone should rework the chart instead of earth years as :

"mario games since birth"

or

"Console generation demographic "

I'm a first gen , first mario myself (older than frogger lol)

TomShoe

Banned
You're making it?[/SPOILER]

Sort of. CJ_Iwakura is doing banners and OmegaDL50 is taking care of character bios and mechanics. Everything else is mine. I didn't plan on going overboard with this OT, I'm not an art major. It'll probably be styled similarly to the Rocket League one :p

Disgaea 5 |OT| Story Mode? You Mean the Tutorial

ZhugeEX

Banned
Edit : Wish it was Thursday so our lives could be more Intetesting™. :(

Below is a quick look at the gap in sales between PS4 and XB1 in the USA for each calendar year.

In CY2014 we saw the PlayStation 4 sell through approximately 4.7 million units to end users whilst the Xbox One sold through approximately 4.4 million units to end users. The total gap for CY2014 was in favour of Sony who sold through over 300,000 more PlayStation 4 units compared to Microsoft's Xbox One. However, as shown by the 2014 line below the gap was not always that low, in fact the PlayStation 4 held a lead of over 900,000 units by October and it's clear that the Xbox One closed the gap during the final two months of the year.

In Calendar 2015 we can see that the PlayStation 4 is again in the lead with more than 200,000 additional units sold this year already compared to Xbox One. However the graph hasn't been as steep as CY2014 due to the small gap in monthly sales during April and May. June will be interesting to watch as forecasts show that the PlayStation 4 is due to have a lead over the Xbox One thanks to a number of factors, the main one being the Batman bundles being sold at retail.

Please take a look-

11a_zpsbsqog2sb.jpg

*Please note that all numbers quoted above are estimated and rounded based on publicly posted data.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm 26, all these young kids getting into sales and stuff feels weird. Back when i was a teen, i was nowhere near as 'aware' of this kind of stuff at all

Top Bottom