• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

RBH

Cross-posting from the other thread:

2sr0LdT.png

5d3cOVy.png

Ls9B45Q.png

xS8ezzy.png

OAtyn24.png

Striker

CRx7Hc1WsAQxU0e.png

Career Mode was the worst with the interviews. Having to deal with her features that make me think they didn't even bother scanning her, the same redundant questions over and over. My CAW's bland as fuck voice, with four options to choose, always the same either a face 'I respect my opponent but I will beat him' to a heel 'he's worthless and I'm gonna make him eat the dirt'.

Then ending with "back to you, guys" or "back to you, Cole".
Then you should check out NBA 2K. Same voice no matter your skin color or nationality. Same shitty ass script where you sound like you had never finished high school. Terrible.

To those who dislike 2K's extreme-realism taste in the basketball, I ask, do you like their take on the wrestling side? I mean they are both the same slow, methodical pacing with the same style of MyCareer modes. I do like how they added more variety in its online whereas they have gotten worse on the wrestling side. THQ/Yukes had more freedom for the user.

Then you should check out NBA 2K. Same voice no matter your skin color or nationality. Same shitty ass script where you sound like you had never finished high school. Terrible.

To those who dislike 2K's extreme-realism taste in the basketball, I ask, do you like their take on the wrestling side? I mean they are both the same slow, methodical pacing with the same style of MyCareer modes. I do like how they added more variety in its online whereas they have gotten worse on the wrestling side. THQ/Yukes had more freedom for the user.
I wish that you could toggle on arcade instead of simulation like some of the sports games let you do. Playing through SYM, I miss the wackiness that were presented.

So Smackdown spoilers state that
Ambrose ends the show celebrating. Would that definitely confirm him not winning Sunday?

I feel legit worried over the fact I actually fucking think Alberto Del Rio has a shot of winning this thing.

So...was Camp WWE only five episodes long? It's been a couple of weeks now without any sign of a new one.
I could have sworn we would be getting more. Triple H definitely recorded lines as Quadruple H, father of teenager Triple H which we have yet to see. Plus I believe Ultimate Warrior and the Godfather were set to appear.

Then again, maybe that stuff was for when Hogan was attached to the project. The show got a pretty big revamp since Hogan was meant to play a huge part in it, which maybe might explain why it was so short.

It sucks, because the shows brilliant after the slightly shaky first episode.

WWE star Neville is expected back from his broken ankle within the next month, PWInsider.com has learned. The hope internally is he will return by the end of June, but he is expected back no later than mid-July.

Neville broke his ankle performing a sliding kick while wrestling Chris Jericho on Raw, forcing him out of his planned Wrestlemania debut in the WWE Intercontinental championship Ladder match.

but who's the 7th man?
Seemed to just be some weird mess up that they quietly swept under the carpet with the 6 man being it for the past three weeks I believe now. Either Bray or Orton is gonna make some surprise return seconds before the MitB match begins, or there was going to be a seventh man in a shocking return of some superstar but it then turned out they couldn't do it (maybe still injured if it was Bray or Orton) so they just awkwardly dropped it.

UberTag

So Smackdown spoilers state that
Ambrose ends the show celebrating. Would that definitely confirm him not winning Sunday?

I feel legit worried over the fact I actually fucking think Alberto Del Rio has a shot of winning this thing.
That's a justifiable concern. Del Rio is the likely fallback option if they don't roll with the seemingly obvious booking of giving the briefcase to Ambrose. They pulled the same stunt last year when they heavily telegraphed that Roman would get the briefcase only to have Bray Wyatt lay him out and Sheamus emerged as the victor. Del Rio is undoubtedly positioned as this year's Sheamus.

That said, I think they go the obvious route this time. Del Rio has won previously and they've shied away from repeat winners outside of CM Punk in back-to-back Manias. Plus, I can't see anyone new jump starting a program against Dean. Last year, they teased the Shield triple threat program and this year I think they pull the trigger on it. Shame on me if I'm wrong again.

Striker

I wish that you could toggle on arcade instead of simulation like some of the sports games let you do. Playing through SYM, I miss the wackiness that were presented.
EA had NBA Live but it wasn't as arcady as you would like. Same for a similar style football game, although similar in style I much preferred the NCAA football games #rip.

They definitely need a more arcade style wrestling game for the PS4/Xbone. There is no longer variety for these games. I blame WWE and NFL for these though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Neville needs to return with a new gimmick. The superhero/man who gravity forgot trash was going nowhere. Dude should return as a heel.

I hope EC3 hits it big one day. I'm not a TNA fan by any means, but he just has "it". And for whatever fucking reason, he's easy to root for. I'd hate to see him fail.

Recall

Having fun going through my No Mercy save on my N64 and changing wrestlers costumes into other wrestlers.

So for Undertaker I have Biker Taker in Slot 1, Deadman in Slot 2, Kevin Nash in Slot 3 and Sid in Slot 4.

I would never waste a CAW slot on Sid or Nash but using a costume slot I would never use either seems better. Got the creative juices running for the random mid card slots.

klonere

Banned
That reminds me of the ring announcer at NXT yesterday, so cloying saccharine, so robotic, so lacking in anything, Literally an attractive warm body that read lines off a page.

For all WWE's faults right now the creation of NXT probably has saved them an even bigger drop off in popularity than they are experiencing now. 95% of the crowd were still bought into the whole NXT *shudder* counter culture, organic brand thing, like they were the cool rebels who hated the Ramen Rings and "Fuck PG". So they run smaller venues, with a cheaper roster, with the same priced merch and equally expensive tickets. Genius.

That reminds me of the ring announcer at NXT yesterday, so cloying saccharine, so robotic, so lacking in anything, Literally an attractive warm body that read lines off a page.

That for all WWE's faults right now the creation of NXT probably has saved them an even bigger drop off in popularity than they are experiencing now. 95% of the crowd were still bought into the whole NXT *shudder* counter culture, organic brand thing, like they were the cool rebels who hated the Ramen Rings and "Fuck PG". So they run smaller venues, with a cheaper roster, with the same priced merch and equally expensive tickets. Genius.

This is why Vince won't change. Vince changed because the audience actually left him and stopped giving him money. When you pay $9.99 to watch Nakamura matches, you're giving the OK to push Reigns. When you pay $100 for a RAW ticket to cheer Cesaro and boo Reigns, you're giving him the OK to push Reigns. When you pay $30 for a Samoa Joe t-shirt, you're giving him the OK to push Reigns.

Watch ROH. Buy some New Japan shirts. Go to a local indy show. If another people do that, Vince will actually change. Until then, he'll laugh to the bank as people complain on Reddit, but then link to WWE's Youtube page because there's a cool video with Sasha Banks in it.

Recall

This is why Vince won't change. Vince changed because the audience actually left him and stopped giving him money. When you pay $9.99 to watch Nakamura matches, you're giving the OK to push Reigns. When you pay $100 for a RAW ticket to cheer Cesaro and boo Reigns, you're giving him the OK to push Reigns. When you pay $30 for a Samoa Joe t-shirt, you're giving him the OK to push Reigns.

Watch ROH. Buy some New Japan shirts. Go to a local indy show. If another people do that, Vince will actually change. Until then, he'll laugh to the bank as people complain on Reddit, but then link to WWE's Youtube page because there's a cool video with Sasha Banks in it.

The only time the WWE will change is when only a 1000 people buy tickets for a 18,000 seat show and that will never happen.

The money will never stop coming in.

klonere

Banned

Well NXT feels like it could lose a lot of momentum and stop being a cool thing this year. Plus its still unclear if NXT touring covers the expenses of the PC, its staff and NXT wrestlers.

I did see a lot of people wearing gear from our local promotion OTT and just talking around to friends, it seems like its a perfectly acceptable thing to go to for just some good fun rather than a super hardcore smark haven. So that helps!

Don't watch ROH though, its a fucking dumpster fire of a promotion right now.

Top Bottom