• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Ja8839v.jpg

Justified is back for a final season of Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens dispensing justice in Harlan County, Kentucky. Based on characters created by Elmore Leonard, the sixth season premieres Tuesday, January 20th at 10pm on FX. Most of the cast will be back including Emmy Nominee Walton Goggins, and this season's guest stars includes Garret Dillahunt, Sam Elliott, and Jeff Fahey. So here's to one more season of laconic lawmen, tense shootouts, and sultry Southern ladies.

FX said:
Based on Elmore Leonard’s novella “Fire in the Hole,” Justified was developed by Graham Yost and stars Timothy Olyphant as ‘Deputy US Marshal Raylan Givens’, a lawman who finds himself drawn back to his home state of Kentucky. This January, in Justified’s final season, the long brimming conflict between Raylan and Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) will finally come to a head.

The series co-stars Walton Goggins as ‘Boyd Crowder;’ Nick Searcy as ‘Chief Deputy Art Mullen;’ Jacob Pitts as ‘Deputy Marshal Tim Gutterson;’ Erica Tazel as ‘Deputy Marshal Rachel Brooks;’ Joelle Carter as ‘Ava Crowder;’ and Jere Burns as ‘Wynn Duffy.’ Yost wrote the pilot and serves as Executive Producer/Writer on the series. Executive Producers on the series include Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, Michael Dinner, Fred Golan, Dave Andron, Don Kurt, Taylor Elmore, Timothy Olyphant, and the late Elmore Leonard. Justified is produced by Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions.

Cast:

Credited:
7pVxyti.jpg
te37BwW.jpg

Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens, Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder

nFpJ3zz.jpg
bK5z5Uv.jpg
i53wdfr.jpg

Nick Searcy as Art Mullen, Jacob Pitts as Tim Gutterson, Erica Tazel as Rachel Brooks

kd6KHjs.jpg
ID7yOLn.jpg

Joelle Carter as Ava Crowder, and Jere Burns as Wynn Duffy

Supporting cast members (among others):
  • Garret Dillahunt as Ty Walker
  • Sam Elliott as Avery Markham
  • Jeff Fahey as Zachariah Randolph
  • Damon Herriman as Dewey Crowe
  • Mary Steenburgen as Katherine Hale
  • Natalie Zea as Winona Hawkins
  • Jonathan Tucker as Boon
  • Patton Oswalt as Constable Bob
  • Mykelti Williamson as Limehouse
Videos
LinksNews & Discussion
Upcoming Episodes
Fate's Right Hand - Jan 20th

In the final season premiere, Raylan guides Ava through the process of informing on Boyd and tries to turn Boyd's old ally Dewey Crowe against him as well, all while Boyd works to pull off a daring heist right under Raylan's nose.
Cash Game - Jan 27th
Noblesse Oblige - Feb 3rd

Promo Pictures

Poster

tMvhaoA.jpg

Season 5 wasn't the best, especially after how fucking amazing season 4 was. But final 3 episodes were very, very good. Final season here we go. I hope that "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" will play at the last scene of the show.
And where's my Jackie Nevada?

Vert boil

Season 5 wasn't the best, especially after how fucking amazing season 4 was. But final 3 episodes were very, very good. Final season here we go. I hope that "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" will play at the last scene of the show.
And where's my Jackie Nevada?

bikinispin56si1.gif

Pryce

One of the better dramas, and shows, during the Golden Age of television.

Not the best, but up there. Hopefully it's better than last years shit show.

Just one more week and I can't wait. Been on a TV watching hiatus over the holidays so it's nice to start the new year with a good show.

I like how Raylan is kinda shitty and not smooth at all with women. Also when he gets his ass handed to him when he starts shit. Sometimes I just like to watch him fail and there's not a lot of TV characters, especially protagonists, where it's so entertaining.

Hystzen

Wonder if they confirm if Tim is gay or not keeping it like Rawls from The Wire show a obvious hint but never address it again.

No one arm Quarles returning?

KorrZ

I think I need to re-watch Season 5 before this new season starts because my memory is quite fuzzy. The only thing I remember in detail is the Crowe brother tripping into the hole and stabbing himself.

Hystzen

When Raylan and Winona went to a concert Tim was there with some guy. It never got more explicit than that, just a subtle hint that he may be.

Also he was very smiley and chatty with a fbi guy when Raylan was being investigated for murder of Winoas ex

He will be a surprise like Chiklis in SOA.

#believe #McJustified

I BELIEVE

Also, I kinda want Art to get got. Not that his stupid twitter bullshit helped, but I've been getting sick of his shit for awhile now. Disposable character. Obi-Wan his ass and give him some sort of meaning for this last season.

Hystzen

I BELIEVE

Also, I kinda want Art to get got. Not that his stupid twitter bullshit helped, but I've been getting sick of his shit for awhile now. Disposable character. Obi-Wan his ass and give him some sort of meaning for this last season.

Art should just retire he due for it anyway avoids the one day from retirement trope

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I thought this was premiering tonight, was looking forward to the one-two punch of this and Parks and Rec premiering.

styl3s

I BELIEVE

Wait, what? Did he go off on some old man racist rant or something?

mileS

ugh really? what did he say... I honestly don't want to know but now that I know he said something bad, I might as well know what it is.

but but but... I love Art :*(

Sounds great. Glad to hear that there is a more focused central story arc this season. I also like that the theme of this season appears to be "one last thing before I'm done". I'm very excited to see how it all plays out.

Wait, what? Did he go off on some old man racist rant or something?

ugh really? what did he say... I honestly don't want to know but now that I know he said something bad, I might as well know what it is.

but but but... I love Art :*(

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll try to keep this brief. I love this show and the characters on this show (including Art) but one of the difficult things I had to learn to accept is that Nick Searcy is a terrible person irl. He has been saying ignorant, hateful awful things on social media for quite some time. He's basically the stereotypical Rush Limbaugh listening conservative, only with a bully pulpit because of his celebrity status and twitter. And he doesn't take criticism well at all. Anytime he is accused of saying something ignorant, homophobic, racist he will basically fat-shame you into oblivion (and if you accuse him of being racist, he'll bring up he has an adopted black son and then fat-shame you into oblivion) And just FYI, because of the Ferguson/Eric Garner events recently, I suggest staying away from this twitter/blogs if you want to keep your sanity.

TL;DR; Nick Searcy is a dick but I have learned over the years to separate the artist from their work, especially if it's a collaborative work like a movie or TV show. (I know that not everyone can do this and it's completely understandable) In the case of Justified, I just focus on the quality of the show and the work of the actors/artists on the show that I do like and respect. Hopefully you can do the same.

kirblar

Tim's complete lack of details/discussion about his social/personal life is what you'd expect from an introverted masculine gay guy who's not out at the workplace.

From that VF piece, sounds like they decided to play it that way even if they never pulled the trigger on making it a plot point.

So fucking ready for this. Sad to see it go, as Justified is one of my favorite series ever, but glad they're not dragging it out.

So when does the fifteen episode Jackie Nevada arc start?

I'm about to go to bed in a few minutes, so I estimate it's gonna start in a few minutes.

Top Bottom