• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn about buying them on DVD, I kinda hope i can get a nice boxed set of the complete thing when the show ends.

There is always that risk but unless there are a ton of new extras or something (and even then not really) I'd usually only wait until there is a sale, but Justified is my one exception. I buy it at release. (Luckily there is often a sale around release =x)

N1WChu8.gif

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Fucking Yiiiiiiisssssssssssssss.... one more month.

Was just talking to my wife last night durring my birthday beers about how AHS and Walking Dead and Red Widow and The Americans and fucking EVERY other show out there just pales in comparison to Justified for me.
No where else on television do you get characters this reliably fucking solid. Even the most reprehensible fuckwits play their parts without coming across as stupid or hokey. Nevermind mind the fact that all the main characters - even the somewhat sidelined or secondary roles - are always so pitch fuckin perfect.

Olyphant and Goggins both have the most natural and believable drawl i've ever heard out of an actor. Can't get enough. So hype. Much shooting. Very meth.

edit: rerun was on last night where the Art gets a visit from that northern country jackoff and is all "I bet i've got Deputies who are more trouble than your criminals.." fucking glorious scene!!
"that's an expensive bottle, Art.."
"And i plan to enjoy it. Bye."

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Constable Bob killing somebody named Yolo is still one of the greatest things to be conceived in anything ever

Gutterson's phone conversation with Colt was the highlight of the season for me.
Onion A|V Club said:
Tim’s phone call to Colt, in which he pretends to be researching a story that features this precise situation, is a master class in layered storytelling. Both men know exactly what’s going on, with each using the charade as a way to scope out the other’s position. But they also maintain the fiction because it offers a rare opportunity to discuss openly wartime horrors that only they can comprehend. Plus, like all great Justified scenes, their conversation is riotously funny, as when Colt demands to be played by a young Gerard Depardieu in the movie and suggests his character could beat up a couple Rangers. Tim retorts that this isn’t a fantasy, because, like Raylan, he’s willing to play along with lowlifes to get what he needs, but he never lets Colt forget who’s in charge.

New full trailer aired during SoA tonight. Looks awesome! Featured most of the new players and a bunch of the old favorites. No Tim or Rachel, though. :p

Had no idea Alicia Witt was going to be in this season; I used to have the biggest crush on her growing up, lol.

I'm hoping they'll find a way to start off the season a bit stronger this time, since it seems to be running complaint about the series. For whatever reason, I especially felt this for the last season. Either way, the show has never failed to pull it all together at the end, so I'm really looking forward to it.

FX, in their infinite wisdom, again choosing to not upload a trailer that they've aired on television. Not sure what the logic is there.

Anyway, here's more Wynn Duffy...

Tk8fWOQ.gif
IKPwJbr.gif

kvupaVx.gif
ZlEqhUJ.gif

Solo

Where's my Jackie Nevada fix (and GIFs) at, yo?

Looking forward to the season and really glad they are capping it at 6.

I think my feelings after enough time passing are S2 > S3 (first half) > S4 > S1 > S3 (second half). Man, the way S3 went off the rails in the back end and Quarles getting gimped are still the biggest disappointments of the show for me.

Solo

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Really hope they bring her back.

EDIT: had a big crush on Amy Smart way back in the Varsity Blues/Road Trip days, so she's an acceptable replacement for me.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Really hope they bring her back.
It was mentioned at one of the Q&A's last Spring that Olyphant's a fan of the character, so they could possibly bring her back at some point. Haven't heard anything about her showing up in S5, though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It's the Holidays, Solo! The time of year where you reflect on all your misdeeds and repent of all your sins! There's still ample time for you to renounce Tacky Nevada and embrace the true Queen of Justified, Ava Crowder! She welcomes all who seek her out with open arms!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's the Holidays, Solo! The time of year where you reflect on all your misdeeds and repent of all your sins! There's still ample time for you to renounce Tacky Nevada and embrace the true Queen of Justified, Ava Crowder! She welcomes all who seek her out with open arms!

And an open mouth, am I right Augustine!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom