• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Justified: The Complete Series Blu-ray announced

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013539W20/?tag=neogaf0e-20

kg9hJbP.png

$216 at Amazon, though i'd expect it to be considerably cheaper at release

Very nice set!

Finally found time to wrap up the last season. Damn, that was amazing. Might be my favourite season after the second. So many amazing characters introduced. Choo-Choo, Walker, Markham, Zachariah and Boon. So many memorable scenes too. Dewey's death really got to me. And that last scene. What a note to end on.

As of now, this would be my rating.

S2 > S1=S6> S3=S4=S5

Overall, the show is up there with the greats for me. Like The Wire or Firefly, it created a great sense of the world it is set in. And had some of the best antagonists of any tv series.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Blu-ray set is down to $116.74 on Amazon.

Down to $99.99. I still need to pick it up :x

Finally found time to wrap up the last season. Damn, that was amazing. Might be my favourite season after the second. So many amazing characters introduced. Choo-Choo, Walker, Markham, Zachariah and Boon. So many memorable scenes too. Dewey's death really got to me. And that last scene. What a note to end on.

As of now, this would be my rating.

S2 > S1=S6> S3=S4=S5

Overall, the show is up there with the greats for me. Like The Wire or Firefly, it created a great sense of the world it is set in. And had some of the best antagonists of any tv series.

Glad you enjoyed the last season :) can't wait to watch it again someday

-griffy-

Banned
Yo, my mom got me some apple pie moonshine for Christmas/my birthday:
xa5pgZVh.jpg

I think this calls for a rewatch of the series while getting sloshed and eating fried chicken. I just hope this was one of the clean mason jars...

Niraj

Yo, my mom got me some apple pie moonshine for Christmas/my birthday:

I think this calls for a rewatch of the series while getting sloshed and eating fried chicken. I just hope this was one of the clean mason jars...

Happy (belated?) birthday!

I just got the boxed set for Christmas! I'm also rewatching this show for the millionth time.

Hey, same here! Glad I slacked on buying it lol

This set's bonus disc has a feature that's nothing but actors from the show (and other Elmore movies) reading passages from his story. That's it. Just them, in a chair, reading sides from the books.

It's fucking wonderful.

Solo

Necrobump but I feel like it's time to finally watch S6. Don't know why or how Ive let it slip this long, but after seeing Goggins in Vice Principals, I remembered that I hadn't finished the series yet.

Necrobump but I feel like it's time to finally watch S6. Don't know why or how Ive let it slip this long, but after seeing Goggins in Vice Principals, I remembered that I hadn't finished the series yet.

I bought the big blu-ray box set when Amazon had it on sale and did what I think is my fourth rewatch, it's all just so good. Season 6 is great, makes sitting through season 5 worth it.

Solo

I can't even remember what happened in S5 or how it ended. Can someone give a very brief recap of S5 without spoiling S6?

I can't even remember what happened in S5 or how it ended. Can someone give a very brief recap of S5 without spoiling S6?

I think the only thing of real impact to S6 was
Ava turning state's evidence against Boyd

Someone confirm that happened at the end of S5 before Solo clicks on it pls.

Niraj

The most important thing is that Ava gets out of prison because she agrees to inform to Raylan on Boyd, that's what sets up the final season.

I think the only thing of real impact to S6 was
Ava turning state's evidence against Boyd

Someone confirm that happened at the end of S5 before Solo clicks on it pls.

Yes that was the cliffhanger ending season 5. Well that and...

Boyd taking a job to rob a bank with Katherine Hale.

Those two things were really the only carryovers from season 5.

-griffy-

Banned
I bought the big blu-ray box set when Amazon had it on sale and did what I think is my fourth rewatch, it's all just so good. Season 6 is great, makes sitting through season 5 worth it.

Did the same, haven't gotten around to rewatching though. But I did recently read the first Elmore Leonard book featuring Raylan. Amazing how much they nailed the character on screen. Gotta be one of the best translations of a character from page to screen ever.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Season 6 was fantastic, probably near season 4 in quality, which I rank just behind 2.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I could definitely rewatch some Justified. I wonder if Season 6 is up on Amazon Prime Instant yet.

Top Bottom