• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait...how have I never noticed this before? Cast of Justified = Dark Tower cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Seriously, it may be the beer/whiskey talking, but think about the casting for an HBO Dark Tower series. Who better to cast than the three marshals from Justified?

Timothy Olyphant = Roland Deschain
UAIq9hq.jpg

Jacob Pitts = Eddie Dean
yN9ySnO.jpg

Erica Tazel = Susanna/Odetta/Detta
4dPHyDJ.jpg

Plus the bonus being:

Walton Goggins = The Man in Black/Randall Flagg
61i0Y8J.jpg

I seriously cannot believe I never saw this before. Too bad it will never, ever happen. Bummer.

Clegg

I think Roland needs to be a bit more weathered. Olyphant doesn't look rugged enough.

Rest of the cast seems pretty good though.

besada

Banned
Olyphant and Goggins are perfect for the two lead roles.

And Ava is obviously Susan Delgado from Wizard and Glass.

xxracerxx

The Big Coffin Hunters:

Neal McDonough = Eldred Jonas
eiXgVlU.jpg

Damon Herriman = Clay Reynolds
HAez4VL.jpg

David Meunier = Roy Depape
O5y1hYi.jpg

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Nice catch! Just mainlined the last 3 episodes of Justified last night which have been more Boyd+Raylan centric than the rest of the season combined.

Would watch those two talk about just about anything to be honest. Fucking amazing pairing.

Fusebox

Banned
Seriously, it may be the beer/whiskey talking, but think about the casting for an HBO Dark Tower series. Who better to cast than the three marshals from Justified?

Timothy Olyphant = Roland Deschain
UAIq9hq.jpg

Jacob Pitts = Eddie Dean
yN9ySnO.jpg

Erica Tazel = Susanna/Odetta/Detta
4dPHyDJ.jpg

Plus the bonus being:

Walton Goggins = The Man in Black/Randall Flagg
61i0Y8J.jpg

I seriously cannot believe I never saw this before. Too bad it will never, ever happen. Bummer.

These are actually really good choices for the characters! Well spotted man.

Krowley

The rumored actual casting is Russell Crowe as Roland, and apparently Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad has been considered as a possible Eddie dean.

I think they're both pretty good choices, but the ones in the OP are good, too. Especially Olyphant and Goggins. The only one I don't like is Jacob Pitts as Eddie Dean. He sort of looks the part, but I can't imagine him as the character, especially the way he's depicted in The Drawing of the Three.

xxracerxx

The rumored actual casting is Russell Crowe as Roland, and apparently Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad has been considered as a possible Eddie dean.

I think they're both pretty good choices, but the ones in the OP are good, too. Especially Olyphant and Goggins. The only one I don't like is Jacob Pitts as Eddie Dean. He sort of looks the part, but I can't imagine him as the character, especially the way he's depicted in The Drawing of the Three.

He is a little old for the character now, but his Eurotrip days maybe.

fzILp0U.jpg

Walton Goggins would make a great Randall Flagg. He's not as burly as I imagine Flagg, but he's got that swagger.

King should be played by fellow author Joe Hill.

I actually kinda like this idea.

I also like the idea of writing King out of the story altogether. And that kid from Insomnia, while we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom