• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I will personally beat anybody with a telephone book who didn't like S3 like the cop killers they are.

I didn't say I didn't like season 3. I just thought it was a disappointment.

I hope we don't have a villian that'll last 13 episodes again.

They need to either have one main villain that lasts the entire season or they need to go full on episodic and focus on more trivial villains/story lines. None of this half and half, half assed bullshit.

They need to either have one main villain that lasts the entire season or they need to go full on episodic and focus on more trivial villains/story lines. None of this half and half, half assed bullshit.
It bothers you that much that they mix and match? I prefer it that way. Overall, I prefer a heavily serialized narrative, but I don't mind them throwing in a few 'crook of the week' episodes if they have good material for it.

$48 for the blu-ray is ridiculous (not to mention the supposed $76 MSRP).

Hopefully the price will drop a little bit for at least the first week, I think I got season 2 for around 35 the day it came out. Either way 48 for 13 hours of content plus bonus features doesn't seem that bad to me. I'm still getting over not having to pay 80-90 dollars for television seasons on DVD which wasn't too long ago

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It bothers you that much that they mix and match? I prefer it that way. Overall, I prefer a heavily serialized narrative, but I don't mind them throwing in a few 'crook of the week' episodes if they have good material for it.

Well, their execution of the mix and match style in season 3 left a lot to be desired, though I suppose I wouldn't be against it if they were able to actualize it well enough.

Rokam

Just started watching, have a quick question. I'm about 4 episodes in and this show has a lot more humor than I was expecting, does this stick around through the rest of the show? (It's a good thing in my opinion, and was a nice surprise)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just started watching, have a quick question. I'm about 4 episodes in and this show has a lot more humor than I was expecting, does this stick around through the rest of the show? (It's a good thing in my opinion, and was a nice surprise)

Yep! The show is quite humorous, even when things get bleak. It's one of the show's best qualities, IMO.

ivysaur12

Banned

Yup! A good mix of humor and very, very serious character drama is the bread and butter of Justified. It's great.

Do Tim and Rachel get to do anything this season?! We'll see!
Tim's gay, right? He has to be

T Dollarz

The jump in quality from season 1 to 2 is probably the largest and most unexpected I've experienced in a show. Second season absolutely knocked my socks off.

Late night Season 3 reruns have started on FX. They ran the premiere last night (I'm watching it right now :) ) and there are another three on tonight.

Re-watching this series on Blu Ray and my god @ the cinematography and picture quality.

In that scene where Raylan meets Judge Reardon in his office, you can see little dust particles in the sunbeams shooting through the window. It's a thing of beauty.

Watching a few more S3 episodes tonight. "Cut Ties" has Mullen unleashed.

gKSCG.gif

Hope we get more Art this season. Plus it had Gugino. *swoon*

Checking out "Harlan Roulette" now.

EDIT: Harlan Roulette is great. Quarles has the random kid gagged and tied up in the back room, Raylan delivers the "next one's coming faster" line to Wynn Duffy, etc... Good times.

Rokam

Just finished the episode "When the Guns Come Out". Great ending, hilarious, hopefully that's the end of that and he gets away scot-free.

Really surprised Mark Pellegrino hasn't been in an episode. Dude is everywhere.

ivysaur12

Banned
They put the new key art out at Fox yesterday. It's really good (not as good as last year's) but I haven't seen it online anywhere yet.

They put the new key art out at Fox yesterday. It's really good (not as good as last year's) but I haven't seen it online anywhere yet.
Awesome - looking forward to checking it out. They've done a really nice job with the marketing materials for Justified over the years.

As much as I am a fan of this series, I did not like S3 cause
they let Limehouse live. I don't want to go into S4 knowing that his shenanigans will be in force, what with his spy network all around Harlan

Rokam

Just finished season 3, damn that was good. Enjoyed it more than season 2, mainly because of all the various players. The last 2 episodes were fantastic. Can't wait for next season!
Wonder if Arlo will end up killing Dickie now that they're both in prison.

Just finished season 3, damn that was good. Enjoyed it more than season 2, mainly because of all the various players. The last 2 episodes were fantastic. Can't wait for next season!
Wonder if Arlo will end up killing Dickie now that they're both in prison.

Holy shit didn't even consider that shit

One more casting tidbit:
TV Line said:
Lost‘s Sam Anderson (Bernard!) has booked a part on the upcoming fourth season of FX’s Justified, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Anderson will play
a rugged and manipulative funeral director who crosses paths with (and confides in) Walton Goggins’ Boyd.

The gig reunites Anderson (most recently seen as one of Huck’s hitman peers on ABC’s Scandal) with Justified exec producer Graham Yost, whom he worked with on NBC’s late, great Boomtown.

Justified‘s fourth season premieres Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c.

Gfs0U.jpg

Who is playing the big bad of the season?
It's not clear from the casting sheets yet.
There were some rumors here that the 'hill people' might have a lot to do with this season. Beyond that, there might be a greater focus on Raylan and Boyd (Raylan vs Boyd?) this year if they're not going to do a big bad, but that's just speculation on my part.

Solo

Duffy's eyebrows are pretty intimidating.

Which reminds me that the best part of S3 was Raylan dropping the bullet on Quarles and saying "the next one's coming faster".

We all know that won't happen until the final season, which hopefully is sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Personally I'm hoping for it to end with the sixth season; Boyd becomes the main villain for awhile only to sacrifice himself to save Raylan's life during the last episode. Also Boyd reveals himself to be Raylan's real father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom