• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I like Rapaport, but he just didn't work for me. That accent was super grating, and I don't think he was especially threatening. Only time I felt like he was actually imposing was that scene where he beat the shit out of that dude who was supposed to protect Ava in prison. His death was a pretty good payoff, but I just don't think it was a very strong performance overall. I've never really thought of who could've been better. I wonder who else was considered.

That said, I think season 5 is for sure the weakest season, but it does have some strong points, and works much better when watched close together instead of week to week. The Ava stuff definitely drags, and I think part of the weakness was that there was too much time out of Harlan/Kentucky. Some really great episodes and scenes though, like Dewey in court, the Alan Tudyk episode, Danny's death, the Eric Roberts episode (that awesome scene with the Harris brothers and the rest. "I'd call this a United Nations of assholes), and pretty much all the episodes after Raylan gives Kendall that money. I really liked the Raylan-Kendall interactions.

This is the best nugget from all the follow-up stuff:

Q.So would this theoretical new Raylan show be set in Miami?
A.OLYPHANT: You’re thinking too small. U.S. marshals are federal; they can go anywhere. I’ve been pitching this for six years now — I kept saying, “You know, Raylan could go to Paris.” They’re like, “Hey this year Ava’s going to run,” and I was like, “Great, to … Paris?” And they said, “No, just up the hill.”

I like Rapaport, but he just didn't work for me. That accent was super grating, and I don't think he was especially threatening. Only time I felt like he was actually imposing was that scene where he beat the shit out of that dude who was supposed to protect Ava in prison.

How about when Mikey (da GAWD may he R.I.P.) put him in a leg lock and Darryl raised him up and slammed him and told him that that "kuuuuung fuu sheeeeit donn work on me"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Finally got to marathon the last 4 episodes last night at a friends...fuck this show was so good. I will miss it dearly.

Those ending lines about digging coal together, got damn.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally watched the last few eps. Ending is satisfying enough, feels like an ending at least. Even if the last couple of seasons werent particulary amazing, overall its still an awesome show and Ill miss it. But it was time to say goodbye and Im glad they didnt drag it out

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
How about when Mikey (da GAWD may he R.I.P.) put him in a leg lock and Darryl raised him up and slammed him and told him that that "kuuuuung fuu sheeeeit donn work on me"

I laughed, but that elocution was awful.

I really wanted a nice boxed set of all the seasons but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen :(

Fuck, are you serious? That's what I've been waiting for :/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fuckin' Ava. Y U NO DIE?!!? ;((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

QgQen0J.gif

haikira

I put together a pair of wallpapers from the amazing posters Francesco Francavilla created. Thought someone around here may like them.

Thinking I'll do a similar pair for the other three posters he's got up.

justifiedfrancescofraufukh.png

justified1francescofru6u87.png

Alpende

I like them but removing 2 'Justified' logo's and removing the bottom text would look better. I get that the artist needs to be credited but having it doesn't look good having it three times on a wallpaper. Leave it on the Ava poster and leave the Justified logo on Raylan. Just my two cents.

Clevinger

I'm reading Pronto for the first time and Raylan was just introduced. He's telling a story about how the main character gave him the slip while he was busy with an ice cream cone.

:3

I'm reading Pronto for the first time and Raylan was just introduced. He's telling a story about how the main character gave him the slip while he was busy with an ice cream cone.

:3

I enjoyed that story so much when I was reading that book. I totally imagined Olyphant telling it.

i totally forget about her in the season 5 xD

All of Raylan's girlfriends just kind of disappeared.

And we never did get a second appearance of Jackie Nevada.

From the Vulture/NY Mag tv awards:

- The Most Quotable Dialogue - Justified
Parks and Rec's Mike Schur said:
Let us now praise Graham Yost. And his writing staff. And Elmore Leonard, for that matter, and Timothy Olyphant and Natalie Zea and Walton Goggins and Joelle Carter and Jere Burns — my God, Jere Burns — and Kaitlyn Dever and Nick Searcy and Erica Tazel and every other person who wrote or edited or uttered a line of dialogue on Justified. There were shows that got more viewers, were more famous, and won more shiny trophies during Justified’s six-season run, but none of them — and I do mean none of them — had better dialogue. Better conversations. Better words, words, words.

The most famous lines from the show are well-known and oft-repeated. Raylan Givens kicking an unspent bullet from his gun, dropping it on a supine Wynn Duffy, and laying it out, plainly: “Next one’s comin’ faster.” Another line to Wynn — “I’ve shot people I like more, for less” — ended up on a T-shirt. Just about every time Boyd Crowder opened his mouth, a torrent of rainbow-swirled Kentucky poetry tumbled out, to the point where even the other characters in the show began to remark on how flowery he was.

My personal favorite exchange came in the final season, when Ty Walker (Garret Dillahunt) complains that Raylan has shot him in the back. “You wanted to get hit in the front,” he replies, “you shoulda run toward me.”

But the true delight of the Justified word-iverse is in the lesser-known scenes, the casual moments, the office and domestic conversations that have no gunplay or mining disasters to make your hair stand on end. Rewatch any episode, any scene, and you will see a bunch of great characters saying things so specifically composed and delivered they felt more like people than most of the people you know in real life.

Someone once told me that if a line of dialogue could be delivered by any character in the script, it wasn’t a good line. Justified gave us dozens of characters, each with a specific voice and manner of speaking, uttering word after word that couldn’t be spoken by anyone else.

Also:
- Deadline: ‘Justified’ EP Chris Provenzano Inks AMC Overall Deal, To Adapt Elmore Leonard’s ‘Gunsights’
Justified executive producer Chris Provenzano has signed an overall deal with AMC. Under the pact, he already is working on a drama series project, an adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s 1979 novel Gunsights. This makes it a nice continuation for Provenzano, who spent the last five years on FX drama Justified, based on Leonard’s novella Fire In the Hole.

Considered Leonard’s final Western novel, Gunsights, set in 1893, centers on two tough men and friends, scout Dana Moon and Army man Brendan Early, who used to work together, including a mission chasing an Apache chief into Mexico. Now, the two former partners are on the opposite sides of a conflict between a mining company and a scattering of settlers on an Arizona mountainside: Apaches, Mexicans, and former 10th Cavalry regulars. Brendan is employed by the mining company attempting to drive the settlers out of their homes, while Dana is an Indian agent, defending them.

This marks Provenzano‘s return to AMC where he was among the original writers on the first season of the network’s first original drama series, Mad Men. One of the episodes he wrote, The Hobo Code, earned him a WGA Award nomination. WME-repped Provenzano joined Justified in Season 1, rising through the ranks to executive producer. On the feature side, he wrote the 2009 film Get Low.

Launching a new Western series to succeed Hell On Wheels has been a priority for AMC. The network has had success on Saturdays with old Western movies and the Western-themed Hell On Wheels, which is set to bow out after a 14-episode fifth and final season split into two parts to air this and next summer.

firelogic

One line I'll always remember is, "You run into an asshole in the mornin', you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, YOU'RE the asshole."

Justified: The Complete Series Blu-ray announced

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013539W20/?tag=neogaf0e-20

kg9hJbP.png

CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES:

• All extras included on the previous releases
  • That's a Wrap Gag Reel (NEW)
  • Three All-New Featurettes (NEW)
  • Writers' Room Tour with Graham Yost (NEW)
  • Leaving Harlan Alive: Making the Final Season (NEW)
  • Harlan Revisited: Favorite Moments (NEW)
  • In Elmore's Words - featuring actors, who worked with Elmore Leonard, reading select passages from some of his most well-known pieces of work (NEW)

LIMITED EDITION MEMORABILIA:
  • Justified Flask
  • Collectible Packaging
  • Commemorative Disc Book

$216 at Amazon, though i'd expect it to be considerably cheaper at release

Top Bottom