• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How about the Ros of Justified?

Ava could be great. I just cannot accept where she was and where she is now.

Gurl, don'choo even. *wags finger*

Where she was? She was married to one of the biggest criminals in Harlan County. And then she killed him. He was an abuser, sure, but most abusees don't kill their abuser. Ava did, and I think that says a lot about her character.

She had a relationship with Raylan, sure, but that didn't last very long and she's been hanging around Boyd and Co. ever since.

It is a bit of a stretch to see her slapping hookers around, I'll admit, but season 3 was filled with shoddy writing so I just chalk it up to that and not necessarily as indicative of a flaw on Ava's part.

Tokubetsu

Where she was? She was married to one of the biggest criminals in Harlan County. And then she killed him. He was an abuser, sure, but most abusees don't kill their abuser. Ava did, and I think that says a lot about her character.

She had a relationship with Raylan, sure, but that didn't last very long and she's been hanging around Boyd and Co. ever since.

It is a bit of a stretch to see her slapping hookers around, I'll admit, but season 3 was filled with shoddy writing so I just chalk it up to that and not necessarily as indicative of a flaw on Ava's part.

I think its still pretty believeable. Raylan was kind of a rebound/interim sort of thing. I think they were both fooling themselves with that one. They just happened to be in a similar hole at the same point in their lives. Raylan just managed to crawl out sooner.

ivysaur12

Banned

I think it more speaks to them not knowing who Ava was in season 1 and realizing there are more interesting ways for her in the world of Justified. That's totally fine. I do not accept the ways in which they plopped her from point A to Z. There is a road, a journey, that she had to take to get there and make that transition believable.

Without even a shred of insight into Ava's mindset, I can't accept where she is now, not even as a character who keeps her motivations to her chest. She's the ONE character where you can feel the writing room move her from place to place because it's so fucking unnatural without any context into her mindset.

Four more episodes re-airing late tonight on FX: "Watching the Detectives," "Loose Ends," "Guy Walks Into A Bar," and "Measures." (3.8-3.11)

I rewatched a few more this evening including the misadventures of Dewey Crowe & his kidneys.

Question for Justified-GAF: How is that Longmire show? It sounded like a pleasant substitute while waiting for more Justified, but I never checked it out because I usually don't like TV dramas that don't have multiple episodes-long story arcs... did that ever change throughout the course of the first season?

edit: sorry, didn't mean to bump this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom