• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuya Mishima vs. Kazuma Kiryu: who would win in a fight?

Round 1, Fight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devil

Even without his superpowers it is easily Kazuya... It's not a fair comparison because both Franchises are completely different. Tekken has anime level fighting, Yakuza on the other hand is more grounded. Kazuma is badass, I know, ok. He still doesn't have a chance against Tekken fighters, as long as they don't invent some kind of alternate reality where both act on the same world rules.

tumblr_mvao5mn8HK1s3t6r6o1_400.gif

I've asked several mods to add a poll, to no avail thus far.
Lol this is a joke right?
Why don't you ask the 3 people apove you?
this a joke thread?
No it is not.
Kazuya survived a volcano lol.
No he didn't, he was killed in it. Then, he was brought back to life by some G's.
The fist fight too close to call

The supernatural fight, Kazuya
If Heihachi, who was more than twice Kazuya's age (in his prime as someone pointed out) was able to defeat him as the Devil, Kazuma's got a good shot at it too.
Difference in DC and speed. Paul would also destroy Kiryu. Anyone from Tekken would.
DC?
By Tekken 4 Paul is fucking washed, Kiryu's roughly his age and still a considerably stronger character by YK3.

Didn't G Corp take Kazuya's remains and cloned him?
They didn't clone him, they revived him.
This has to be a joke because unless Kazuma has Batman level prep time he isn't phasing Kazuya.

Kazuma might have taken on multiple humans at one time but Kazuya has taken on multiple big robots that are more powerful than humans while being in base form.
He had help. He wasn't alone in the fight.
Surely, you must be asking who would win between their normal, human forms. Surely.
Nope, this is a question of both of them giving it their all. Devil's been defeated by a human before, it can happen again.
In a regular fist fight, Kiryu.

With all the demon powers, I would say kazuya
Kazuya's devil form isn't infallible. I feel like a lot of people who voted Kazuya forgot that fact.
heihachi-axe-catch-o.gif
this is kazuya's father
fake, Michelle threw it at him vertically put it's spinning horizontally towards him.

j/k. i know it's from the anime.
Kazuya would wreck him. Those EWGF's are no joke.
Neither are Kazuma's heat attacks.
Kiryu would be shitting his teeth within an hour of meeting Kazuya Mishima.
uhh, what.
The Mishimas are too OP.
So are the tojo clan.
Kazuya at 12 years old could destroy Kiryu.
Definitely not. Wtf?
I can't tell if everyone saying kiryu is trolling or not.

Wow. Expert acting guys.
I want to believe they aren't.
I'll let this answer your question - http://i.imgur.com/huq3i4f.png (minor pxz2 spoiler....really minor)
oh! nice. it looks like they are fighting alongside? I can't read japanese.
Even without his superpowers it is easily Kazuya... It's not a fair comparison because both Franchises are completely different. Tekken has anime level fighting, Yakuza on the other hand is more grounded. Kazuma is badass, I know, ok. He still doesn't have a chance against Tekken fighters, as long as they don't invent some kind of alternate reality where both act on the same world rules.
that isn't really an excuse tbh because these japanese games have had so many crossovers. they all might as well have compatible rules

Aki-at

What's funny is Kiryu in gameplay is a lot stronger than Kiryu in cinematics, while Kazuya in gameplay is a lot weaker than in cinematics.

So I'm going to go with Kiryu because I survived laser beams from space and decked tigers.

ArjanN

Kazuya just because the two universes don't really work on the same 'power level'.

Even the heat action moves aren't nearly as far out there as the stuff in Tekken.

Raise a hand against Haruka, and the Dragon of Dojima will fuck you up. You may even be Kratos: you will lay down, ask for forgiveness, and give him StaminaX...

There should be a gif of the moment Kiryu dodges missile launchers by tilting his head to anyone saying that "Yakuza is more grounded" lol.

Rue

Is this a joke poll? Like.. seriously? Between these two characters? There's just no way this is a fair fight at all.

Kiryu takes it with ease. He's the fucking Dragon of Dojima.

Village

Kazuya would litterally kill him

He has actual lightning hands he's a human martial arts tazer who looks like and can turn into satan.

I-hate-u

I like Kiryu, but it's not a fair fight on even grounds. Compare him to Law or Paul, that's a more compelling argument for a battle.

Village

All right then. Kiryu it is.

Actually irrc, what he's saying is false.

The only devil that may have been defeated by a person is kazumi

Kazuya the times he went devil against heihachi he won, in t2 he didn't and he lost. Though if you let the game tell it, it that seemed like a purposeful L if anything. Hwowrong didn't beat devil jin, he beat jin, jin went devil and hospitalized is ass.

So I don't think that's true at all

Actually irrc, what he's saying is false.

The only devil that may have been defeated by a person is kazumi

Kazuya the times he went devil against heihachi he won, in t2 he didn't and he lost. Though if you let the game tell it, it that seemed like a purposeful L if anything. Hwowrong didn't beat devil jin, he beat jin, jin went devil and hospitalized is ass.

So I don't think that's true at all
what i'm saying isn't false. your sentiment of "purposeful L" doesn't make senese. heihachi defeated kazuya in his devil form, and as someone on the first page explained, this was when kazuya was in his prime.

Village

what i'm saying isn't false. your sentiment of "purposeful L" doesn't make senese. heihachi defeated kazuya in his devil form, and as someone on the first page explained, this was when kazuya was in his prime.

Kazuya canonically never turned into devil, in tekken 2. Heihachi didn't even know about it. Which actually speaks more to " kazuya wanted fucking out " than before.

That's the actual ending he throws kazuya into the volcano unknown to the devil that lies with in, I believe that's literally the line.

Devil's in tekken, have never canoncally been beaten by humans. Accept for , assumed kazumi.

Edit: they are literally, always bonus fights. Because... how would you even do that?

Eusis

I voted Kiryu because even if Kazuya can turn into a demon, he still can be beaten by mundane humans in one to one combat. And Kiryu at worst can hold his own against the other Tekken characters I'm sure.

EDIT: Though there's the post above mine! Well, not as if we'd have a canonical bout between Kazuya and Kiryu anyway.

Kazuya canonically never turned into devil, in tekken 2. Heihachi didn't even know about it. Which actually speaks more to " kazuya wanted fucking out " than before.

That's the actual ending he throws kazuya into the volcano unknown to the devil that lies with in, I believe that's literally the line.

Devil's in tekken, have never canoncally been beaten by humans. Accept for , assumed kazumi.

Edit: they are literally, always bonus fights. Because... how would you even do that?
what's your source for any of this shit? I've got no reason to believe that the devil battle in tekken 2 wasn't canon. he fought kazuya, then devil kazuya, and beat him. and the endings are wordless, in the tekken trilogy, there were no "lines".
EDIT: Though there's the post above mine! Well, not as if we'd have a canonical bout between Kazuya and Kiryu anyway.
what he's saying doesn't make sense imo. there's no indication that the heihachi vs devil battle in tekken 2 wasn't canon.

Vex_

Banned
Are we forgetting kazuya can fly? lmaooo

OK OK we are nerfing his powers now? "keeping him human" to make it "fair"

Are we forgetting that whenever kazuya punches, the ground breaks under him?

Want to keep it in game? Want to say that kiryu fights multiple people daily? Kazuya fights through tekken force soldiers.

Also, Mishimas fight people literally armed with fully automatic weapons... And come out unscathed:
https://youtu.be/z49HXinJ-2M

He also reflects a rocket in that scene.

Want to talk about eating?

The whole Mishima family eats quicker and more efficiently than kiryu:
https://youtu.be/aYb75SAGmZA

Keep in mind that saying other human fighters have (uncanon anyway) beaten kazuya, their universe is still stronger than any typical street thug kiryu fights.

:3

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been a fan of both since the dawn of each respective series.

Kazuya (because of his beyond human powers) would win.

Vex_

Banned
Your ava looks familiar...

You.....
:mad:

Nah. Lol. Idunno. Are you a wannabe Ken player? Since I'm the only true Ken player across all SFs, you and I might have crossed paths at some point.

Also, I see you are a megamanX fan? Might have had some words with you on that as well. Mmzero all day.

Lol pls don't hurt me. I'm just a sheep with a hat on. It's from the sfv stage

One of these two have, "The Essence of Ass Crushing" and one does not. Last I checked, devil gene ain't protecting your ass. So Kiryu it is.

This would be so fun to watch in some capacity. Get on it Death Battle.

You.....
:mad:

Nah. Lol. Idunno. Are you a wannabe Ken player? Since I'm the only true Ken player across all SFs, you and I might have crossed paths at some point.

Also, I see you are a megamanX fan? Might have had some words with you on that as well. Mmzero all day.

Lol pls don't hurt me. I'm just a sheep with a hat on. It's from the sfv stage

Haha so it IS you, didn't recognize you with the fancy X-Mas hat on. Ken is my character though and X-Series > Zero Series :p You continue to test me Sheep from Waterfall Stage! We should settle this soon in SFV!!

Top Bottom