• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuya Mishima vs. Kazuma Kiryu: who would win in a fight?

Round 1, Fight

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why does Kazuya even bother with the tournaments if he can apparently laser all his problems away?

Those lazers get sidestepped all day, imagine what would happen if he met someone who can run around in not a straight line! He would get punished all day then obliged to give Kiryu money like all the other mooks.

Kazuya can litterally punch through walls and reduce giant robots to bits in seconds. Kiryu is waay cooler, but last time I checked he still required numerous punches just to beat a regular goon. So lets not be crazy here.

Kazuya gets beat up by a panda bear and kiryuu does like 5v1 vs tigers and everyone knows that a tiger would fuck up a panda 1v1 so therefore kazuya is shit and kiryu is the obvious winner simple logic.

And what good are eye lazers when you can't even roast a panda, hell I don't even remember them leaving any kind of burn mark on any character.

Some shit ass F tier eye lazer man, should take some pointers from dio or superman.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How about we compare actual data instead hypothetical stuff?

Stuff like...

Sales Data, series life to date, box art? etc...

You know. Stuff NeoGAF does.

Let's stray away from the GameFAQs stuff lol.

KyleCross

I just remembered I was never able to actually beat Kiryu myself in the virtual fighting mode in Yakuza 4. Yeah, dude's beast.

Stuff like...

Because it's fun? You know. Stuff people do. lol

I'll agree though, people are getting a tad personal about something that should just be a funny discussion.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Mishima is stronger, because he's a demon.

But Kazuma did punch a tiger in the face. Two of em! And Majima will probably show up to even the odds. And he's cray.

Devilkaztekkenchance2.png

/thread

Kazuya can litterally punch through walls and reduce giant robots to bits in seconds. Kiryu is waay cooler, but last time I checked he still required numerous punches just to beat a regular goon. So lets not be crazy here.
Kiryu has several heat actions that will take out your average goon squad in one go (on normal difficulty at least). Essence of Terror for example.

Kazuya has been a bit of a scrub since getting beaten up by both his father and his son on the same night in Tekken 4...

He was looking like such a boss during that T4 opening CGI intro, too.

"I'll take back everything!" - Kazuya before getting wrecked by Jin's Magical Australian Karate in T4.

*still votes for Kazuya because...because.*

Village

Kiryu would find a way to Komaki Tiger drop that shit somehow, you know never know until he tries.His moveset has become so ridiculous he can basically stun-lock everything and anyone when he's maxed out.
You cant stun lock satan!

Shadoken

Having supernatural anime moves doesnt make you the winner automatically , Has One punch man not taught you plebs anything?

Just like how Cody would body Akuma , and thats a truthfact.

Village

Having supernatural anime moves doesnt make you the winner automatically , Has One punch man not taught you plebs anything?

Just like how Cody would body Akuma , and thats a truthfact.

Akuma was a person. He became that, in universe humans can achieve great things in sf. Bison is afraid of dhalsim. Codys stregnth is also arguably some supernatural phenomenon on some level. Akuma wasnt born that way, he became that.

That dont exist in yakuza, its just crime drama cheese. Which is fine, but even kryu would be like dont fuck with the mishimas. A tattoo on your back that makes you belive in yourself slightly harder doesn't account for satan. Genetic satan.

Anyone who says that Kiryu would lose because "supernatural" has clearly never fought Amon.

Not to mention, if they fought on a Volcano, Kazuma's HEAT actions would be epic. He'd block the lasers with his cuff links and surf down the lava on Kazuya's back or some shit.

That dont exist in yakuza, its just crime drama cheese. Which is fine, but even kryu would be like dont fuck with the mishimas. A tattoo on your back that makes you belive in yourself slightly harder doesn't account for satan. Genetic satan.
Eastern mysticism is definitely real and has tangible effects on the world in the Yakuza universe. Religious amulets can be worn for damage reduction, stat boosts or other effects (increased odds when gambling for example). And Kiryu's ki / dragon spirit lets him block bullets with his bare hands or move with superhuman speed during certain attacks. There are other characters that have "supernatural" attacks too, like punching the ground and projecting their aura outwards sending nearby enemies flying without ever touching them.

Village

Eastern mysticism is definitely real and has tangible effects on the world in the Yakuza universe. Religious amulets can be worn for damage reduction, stat boosts or other effects (increased odds when gambling for example). And Kiryu's ki / dragon spirit lets him block bullets with his bare hands or move with superhuman speed during certain attacks. There are other characters that have "supernatural" attacks too, like punching the ground and projecting their aura outwards sending nearby enemies flying without ever touching them.

I think thats more the power of their will than anything mystic.

Thats about how i interpet it.

Edit: wait whoah whaoh why are we having this argument it doesnt even have to get mystical the tekken 6 intro proves that regular kazuya would kill him with ease.

This thread will be the root cause for the tournament in Tekken 7. Kazuya gets pissed and starts a new tournament to feed his ego. He then gets bodied by Xiaoyu.

DC1

Real question..

Does this fight happen before or after Kaz simultaneously rips off his Jacket, shirt and wifebeater?

Evilisk

It doesn't have to be.

It still demonstrates the character's prowess.

It demonstrates nothing if it's not canon.

It may or may not be a coincidence, but these characters remind me of one another. Both have been through some pretty extreme circumstances. One of them possesses the ability to become a supernatural entity, but it it does not make him invincible. The other has had to fight dozens of other skilled fighters at once.

I... I don't see what being able to transform into a devil, and bodying a ton of guys, have to do with one another.

this has to be the closest poll on neogaf ever. right guys? we're making history here.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-27%20at%2011.04.09%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-27%20at%201.05.16%20PM.png

that marks at least seven times the poll was tied, with over 300 voters.
Kazuya would lazer them both and they would be dead.

Thats what would happen.

That's it
not at all. if we're talking in-game, gameplay wise, devil's laser is not completely lethal. it isn't an instant k.o, nor does it do an obnoxious amount of damage most of the time.

at the same time, in-game Yakuza gameplay, Kiryu picks up sofas like they're cats. so he clearly is not an average human being.
In a regular fist fight Kazuya wouldn't even feel his hits because of how much more durability he has. Kiryu is barely peak human, Kazuya even without the devil gene is above that.
wat u mean barely?
Kazuya single handledly murdered his way to controlling G-Corporation.
g-corp isn't just soldiers, it's scientists whom probably don't know how to fight. and we have seen that kazuya uses firearms too.
He can avoid the lasers like every normal ass tekken character can.
lmao!
I'm so shocked at this poll. Kazuya is like a god and Kiryu is a super strong gangster.
oh boy, you couldn't be more wrong. devil =/= god
It doesn't have to be.

It still demonstrates the character's prowess.
I dunno man, I think it does have to be. alisa was saying how the devil gene strengthens the cellular compounds to ten times that of a normal human, stuff that was never touched upon in the actual story of the games. it's just kazuya transforming into the devil, that's all. plus the whole story with shin and immortality. none of that has a place in the canon tekken universe.

Stuff like...

eh, well this is a character vs a character, not tekken the franchise vs yakuza the franchise. I didn't know where else to post such a poll, but I don't see the harm in it. Everything doesn't have to come down to comparing technical stuff. Plus as others have said, it is kinda fun.
Because it's fun? You know. Stuff people do. lol

I'll agree though, people are getting a tad personal about something that should just be a funny discussion.
yeah, I didn't think or mean for things to get personal here. It has been quite a fun ride though. Look at the poll!
haha
I think thats more the power of their will than anything mystic.

Thats about how i interpet it.

Edit: wait whoah whaoh why are we having this argument it doesnt even have to get mystical the tekken 6 intro proves that regular kazuya would kill him with ease.
not really..
What's happening here?
image.php

so that makes it perhaps 8 times that the poll was tied. amazing.
One has EWGF, the other does not
one makes you feel the heat, the other does not.
I voted for the 4th Chairman but at the moment (170/174) it's got to be one of the closest polls GAFs ever had.
i think it is the closest. has there ever been one that was closer?
This thread will be the root cause for the tournament in Tekken 7. Kazuya gets pissed and starts a new tournament to feed his ego. He then gets bodied by Xiaoyu.
LOL. in all seriousness though, besides having kazuma kiryu in a playstation allstars game, he should be in tekken.
Real question..

Does this fight happen before or after Kaz simultaneously rips off his Jacket, shirt and wifebeater?
if kazuya shows up shirtless, kaz'll rip off his. if he's wearing a suit, kaz'll respect that in they'll fight in their finest.
Kazuya no question, one EWGF would be enough.
one would argue that one heat attack from Kazuma would be enough too.
I... I don't see what being able to transform into a devil, and bodying a ton of guys, have to do with one another.
maybe because their voices sound similar, or that the characters themselves kinda look alike, at least before Kazuma's Yakuza 6 redesign.

Village

not at all. if we're talking in-game, gameplay wise, devil's laser is not completely lethal. it isn't an instant k.o, nor does it do an obnoxious amount of damage most of the time.

not really.

In game means nothing. All mishima's get nerfed in game. Like akuma, because akuma would actually everyone. That eye problably can kill considering he and his son has blown shit up with it.

To the bottom part, yes really. The tekken 6 intro has dbz level shit it. Its cute you think he could even get near kazuya, but stop. The first post should tekken 6 intro.

In game means nothing. All mishima's get nerfed in game. Like akuma, because akuma would actually everyone. That eye problably can kill considering he and his son has blown shit up with it.

To the bottom part, yes really. The tekken 6 intro has dbz level shit it. Its cute you think he could even get near kazuya, but stop. The first post should tekken 6 intro.
it's cute that you think kazuma can't get near him, lol. you wanna tell the other 185 people how cute they're being?

Village

Yeah

Him and his son punch so hard gravity tears apart around them. The power level differential in tekken and yakuza is quite great. Even pual, a normal ass human does insane shit in that imtro. He would got bodied rodger jr, not even in the pouch. Un pouched baby roo in tekken would body his ass.

So yeah it is cute. Its fun, these dicussions are fun, they have to be. The actual answer is boring and short winded. Its why some companies even internally leave rival battles ambiguous. Like sonic team, although they leave obvious hints

what's wrong with everyone. stop speculating and stick to facts and evidence.

evidence: Kazuya is recorded on camera losing several times. i've seen the cut scenes and replays.

Kiryu never loses in a cut scene. You'll never see a "Please Continue 9, 8, 7,"

slothbeing

Neo Member
Nah Kiryu has super overpowered instant counter moves. It's pretty much impossible to hurt him while he can build up heat and use unblockable heat moves.

If we 're talking about the gameplay system. Kiryu can't block low attack btw.
So kazuya can spam low attack forever lol.

And every character in tekken can beat kiryu. Bruce use his elbow to blow up a car. Bryan can rip off a tank in a second.
Btw this thread is like superman vs goku thread.

I'm telling you guys, we're making neogaf history here.
also I realized at work today, if you rearranged the letters for "Kazuya" you get "Yakuza"
Yeah

Him and his son punch so hard gravity tears apart around them. The power level differential in tekken and yakuza is quite great. Even pual, a normal ass human does insane shit in that imtro. He would got bodied rodger jr, not even in the pouch. Un pouched baby roo in tekken would body his ass.

So yeah it is cute. Its fun, these dicussions are fun, they have to be. The actual answer is boring and short winded. Its why some companies even internally leave rival battles ambiguous. Like sonic team, although they leave obvious hints
Yeah...na. You got a pretty warped definition definition of cute. No disrespect but I don't find your argument convincing or compelling. You said gameplay means nothing. Gameplay.

All I see is you preferring Kazuya in this battle, which is fine. I have been playing Tekken since I was 9 years old, hell of a long time ago. He was one of my mains in tag, my main in 4 (which I played a lot) and so on. But when it comes down to Kazuya versus the legendary Yakuza warrior, I'm going with the latter

EDIT: looks like this thread has finally died.

our winner

tumblr_mgx4hsoMmB1rn8um6o1_500.gif

still though...with over 350 voters and winning by 5, is this close enough to be generally considered a tie?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BTW for fans of the series.. In Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku, Kazuya Amon is a clear homage to TEKKEN's Kazuya Mishima. I mean he has the thunder god fist, wind god fist, shining fist combo, etc. There are too many similarities!

Top Bottom