• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira Leaving Attack of The Show

CyReN

G4 finally dead with him and Adam Sessler gone?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...ow/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

After more than a decade on the air, host Kevin Pereira is leaving Attack of the Show. Attack will celebrate Pereira’s contribution to G4 with a month-long look back at his most memorable comedy sketches, interviews, and hilarious off-the-cuff moments from the show. The Pereira-palooza will culminate on May 31, his final day on AOTS, before Pereira delivers his final live, on-location coverage for the gaming world's biggest event, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), from June 4-7. In other words: Kevin’s going out large.

“For the last ten years, G4 has provided me a phenomenal career filled with countless once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and the chance to work with some of the most driven, talented and passionate people in the business,” said Pereira. “I want to thank our viewers for allowing me to inform and entertain them each and every week.”

Pereira started at G4 in 2002 as a lowly production assistant, but leveled-up to co-host of Attack of the Show! by 2006. Along with AOTS, Kevin was a staple of G4's extensive live coverage from the world’s largest nerd-gatherings, including E3 CES and Comic-Con as well as countless trips to exotic locations all over the world for various pop culture related events and happenings.

Pereira says he plans to continue creating television shows, interactive applications and live experiences. “I plan to turn my attention to full-time with my production company Super Creative and live touring nerd-carnival leetUP," Pereira said.

There’s only a limited amount of Pereira to go around, so you really should check out Attack of the Show! between now and May 31. It's on every weekday at 7PM ET. And don’t dare miss our E3 2012 coverage.

Feel free to offer congratulations, virtual high-fives and/or tears in our comment section below.

RPGCrazied

Its been dead for like 4 years now. Adam leaving left X-PLAY on its final hour. It's been rerunning for 2 weeks now.

ShaneB

I guess I surprised myself by clicking this thread, and actually reading the news bit....Did they really have to say nerd-gatherings??

SykoTech

At least he'll still be there for E3.

If both him and Sessler were to be absent from G4's E3 coverage....my goodness.

RPGCrazied

I wouldn't be surprised to hear if G4 just closes up shop soon completely.

It did get a new president. We should see new programming I'd say in the next year, but what will show? Who knows. Kevin did say they are getting rid of COPs and Cheaters, but didn't say what is replacing it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wouldn't be surprised to hear if G4 just closes up shop soon completely.

24/7 candace and sarah oatmeal fight channel, coming Q4 2012.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
heh heh heh. a restructuring is in order. all the smart rats are fleeing the sinking ship for higher ground leaving the others to die in campus pd, and cops marathons.

It did get a new president. We should see new programming I'd say in the next year, but what will show? Who knows. Kevin did say they are getting rid of COPs and Cheaters, but didn't say what is replacing it.

drive and heroes. or something equally as useless.

I stopped watching that show around the time Olivia Munn started co-hosting. Not because of her specifically but it was already pretty shitty at that point. The Screen Savers was cool, actually Sarah Lane was awesome... I was bummed when she left AOTS (or was it still Screen Savers at that point? Kevin Pereira had already started hosting)

Honestly, X-Play sucked to, I didn't even know Adam left but good for him.

Really I just loved watching G4 for COPS reruns.

geebee

Banned
heh heh heh. a restructuring is in order. all the smart rats are fleeing the sinking ship for higher ground leaving the others to die in campus pd, and cops marathons.
G4 has been "sinking" for nearly a decade. I wouldn't call the one's fleeing now "smart"..

HylianTom

Banned
So.. umm.. does anyone have any insight into G4's health? Any chance that it might vanish altogether or get changed into something else?

Congrats to that Kevin guy, BTW.

:)

I hope there is an actual video game channel now. Sometimes I just want to chill and watch something on games not being online clicking and stuff. G4 is so wack now its just cops,campus pd and some good movies every now and then. But gosh what happen to the days when I used to just chill on the couch and for hours watch..cheats,xplay,electric playground,cinematics,icons and all that other good shit. What happened man..what the fuck happened.

RPGCrazied

So.. umm.. does anyone have any insight into G4's health? Any chance that it might vanish altogether or get changed into something else?

Congrats to that Kevin guy, BTW.

:)

Korigama

I guess they're finally gonna have Chris Hardwick be the main host.

I believe he left G4.
He did (when he was on AotS as a guest around last month, he mentioned that Web Soup wasn't coming back).
I hope there is an actual video game channel now. Sometimes I just want to chill and watch something on games not being online clicking and stuff. G4 is so wack now its just cops,campus pd and some good movies every now and then. But gosh what happen to the days when I used to just chill on the couch and for hours watch..cheats,xplay,electric playground,cinematics,icons and all that other good shit. What happened man..what the fuck happened.
New management that thought a gaming-oriented channel was "too narrow" a focus, hence turning it into the failed Spike TV clone it is now.

BD1

Banned
I would not be surprised if G4 is sold to a company looking to launch their own network over the next 12 months. I know UFC wanted to buy them at one point, and I think WWE has been trying to buy a network. Even the NFL might be interested in it, just to get clearance on certain providers.

Thank God. Kevin was the worst interviewer.

I actually found Kevin's interviews kind of fun.

I'm more curious to see where he lands than Sessler. Will Perreira try to move into the gaming space or focus on general entertainment. I'm not sure where he fits.

I think either would be good on Gametrailers.

Edit: Hardwick's gone?

lol G4.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
But gosh what happen to the days when I used to just chill on the couch and for hours watch..cheats,xplay,electric playground,cinematics,icons and all that other good shit. What happened man..what the fuck happened.

The ratings weren't as high as they wanted.

Patryn

Posted this in the Sessler thread, but I think one of two things is happening:

1.) G4 is about to have another much-needed makeover, and will be ditching its faux-Spike branding/strategy

2.) G4 is about to go out of business

I'm not sure which is better.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Posted this in the Sessler thread, but I think one of two things is happening:

1.) G4 is about to have another much-needed makeover, and will be ditching its faux-Spike branding/strategy

2.) G4 is about to go out of business

I'm not sure which is better.

or 3.) G4 is about to have another much-needed makeover that doubles down on its faux-Spike branding/strategy

Anoregon

or 3.) G4 is about to have another much-needed makeover that doubles down on its faux-Spike branding/strategy

New show about cheating cops!

Top Bottom