• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr_Brit said:
Resistance is the biggest joke in the Sony stable. Their first party lineup is really strong except for Resistance, it's the definition of mediocrity, nothing and I mean nothing in the game is above average, meh or bland. I'm so glad Insomniac went third party so we don't have to have them ruin any more E3s with their cookie cutter rush rush games.

Sorry to let you down, but they'll still be making PS3 exclusive Resistance and Ratchet titles. Their MP deal is only for one game too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
AltogetherAndrews said:
This may come as a surprise to some of the resident diaperfarters and twits, but some of us actually miss that movement in games. I for one would love to see a return to harsher and blatantly limiting punishments in games, such as weight (Rainbow Six Vegas did good here) and point specific damage. I'm not completely happy with the KZ2 controls since I feel that it lacks a quick turn command, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than the gun on a stick and magnet-aim crap that has become ever so popular since console players laid claim to the genre.

AA back and bringing the heat. Cheers.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Sorry to let you down, but they'll still be making PS3 exclusive Resistance and Ratchet titles. Their MP deal is only for one game too.

You'll see Sony completely shedding all their ties with that talentless, "let's make a game in less than a year every year", studio. Insomniac are a joke when compared to Sony exclusives other parties are putting out. They haven't made one excellent game since the start of the generation.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mr_Brit said:
You'll see Sony completely shedding all their ties with that talentless, "let's make a game in less than a year every year", studio. Insomniac are a joke when compared to Sony exclusives other parties are putting out. They haven't made one excellent game since the start of the generation.

A Crack in Time is one of the best games this generation on any platform imo. Seriously dude, your hate for them is kinda sad at this point.

Mr_Brit

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
A Crack in Time is one of the best games this generation on any platform imo. Seriously dude, your hate for them is kinda sad at this point.

Better than Uncharted, Killzone etc.. I thought not. The games they put out are average at best.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mr_Brit said:
Better than Uncharted, Killzone etc.. I thought not. The games they put out are average at best.

It is up there for sure. You thought wrong.

Mr_Brit said:
Agreed, Sucker Punch should get the love that these wasters get.

NIGHT-

NinjaFridge said:

LOL not even close. It's good but no where near one of the best games this gen

patsu

Mr_Brit said:
Resistance is the biggest joke in the Sony stable. Their first party lineup is really strong except for Resistance, it's the definition of mediocrity, nothing and I mean nothing in the game is above average, meh or bland. I'm so glad Insomniac went third party so we don't have to have them ruin any more E3s with their cookie cutter rush rush games.

Gah.... don't want to derail this thread but RFOM is great. The RFOM Gaf clan play it every evening for close to 2 years. Sometimes our party exceeded 20 men (MP was 40 players). I rate it higher than Halo 2.

R&C: ToD is a very good game too. One of the most fun games I played on PS3 to date.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why the fuck has the Killzone 3 thread turned into a rant about Insomniac thread? If only we had some .gifs to get this back on track. That always worked in the KZ2 threads.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RoboPlato said:
Why the fuck has the Killzone 3 thread turned into a rant about Insomniac thread? If only we had some .gifs to get this back on track. That always worked in the KZ2 threads.
Every KZ2 and KZ3 related thread has the 'Insomniac bashing' stage at some moment.
Nothing strange here.

Mr_Brit said:

It says a lot for the quality of Sony's first party offerings that Insomniacs great games get overshadowed by them. A Crack in Time was brilliant and R:FOM was ace too. R2 was a bit of a letdown, but don't delude yourself into thinking that Microsoft weren't envying Sony's relationship with Insomniac.

How nice of you to list two of the best games this generation to back up your point though. There is a massive gulf between the quality of Uncharted 1+2, Killzone 2 and the 'average' pack. I'd love to see your spectrum of game ratings.

9/10+ = Awesome.
8-9/10 = Average

Amirite?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
Every KZ2 and KZ3 related thread has the 'Insomniac bashing' stage at some moment.
Nothing strange here.
Yeah, you're right. I forgot. Considering you and I are the only two people on GAF that liked Resistance 2 I always have horrible flashbacks whenever this starts up.

patsu

RoboPlato said:
Yeah, you're right. I forgot. Considering you and I are the only two people on GAF that liked Resistance 2 I always have horrible flashbacks whenever this starts up.

:lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
Surprising amount of Insomniac apologists in this thread. Insomniac compared to other Sony exlusive studios are a bygone, out of date studio. The crap they shovel out annualy is getting beyond a joke now, now that the luster surrounding them has gone due to their announcement as a third party studio, we should hopefully get more recognition of just how averaage at best their games are.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Agreed, Sucker Punch should get the love that these wasters get.

Sucker punch isnt releasing million seller titles every year like insomniac, and insomniac is a pretty big independent studio, going multiplatform was a smart decision.

Outtrigger888 said:
Sucker punch isnt releasing million seller titles every year like insomniac, and insomniac is a pretty big independent studio, going multiplatform was a smart decision.

Are you sure both Ratchets this gen (not counting QfB) sold over 1 million? I know both Resistance games have, but are you sure about Ratchet?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mr_Brit said:
Surprising amount of Insomniac apologists in this thread. Insomniac compared to other Sony exlusive studios are a bygone, out of date studio. The crap they shovel out annualy is getting beyond a joke now, now that the luster surrounding them has gone due to their announcement as a third party studio, we should hopefully get more recognition of just how averaage at best their games are.

Surprised at the amount of time and effort you put into posting about a company you obviously hate.

Mr_Brit said:

This.

Why is Sony pushing 3D gaming like it's even relevant? Ever since Avatar was a hit, everything is being branded as 3D. Before long we'll have "your favourite delicious cereal, now in 3D"

Are you complaining about an extra option. It's not like you have to play it in 3D or something. The more options the better.

Read some recent interview. It's obvious that GG wanted 3D. GG wants to immerse the player into the game and 3D is the next step towards that goal.

SonComet

Ballistictiger said:
Are you complaining about an extra option. It's not like you have to play it in 3D or something. The more options the better.

Read some recent interview. It's obvious that GG wanted 3D. GG wants to immerse the player into the game and 3D is the next step towards that goal.
I'm okay with it as long as 3D doesn't affect the 2d graphics in any way. I'd be more than happy if that were the case. I don't care what they do to make the 3D modes run as I won't be using them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KZ thread recipe :
1) Troll Insomniac.
2) Compare KZ2 with Crysis saying its better thanks to the art direction.
3) Show a screenshot showing a muddy ground. TEH HIGH REZ!
4) GIFS!
5) Manly Euro GAF love.
6) Controls: KZ2 BETA Controls > Super Mario Galaxy 2 controls.
<3 GAF <3

EDIT: Thanks to NinjaFridge for the reminder.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Fersis said:
KZ thread recipe :
1) Troll Insomniac.
2) Compare KZ2 with Crysis saying its better thanks to the art direction.
3) Show a screenshot showing a mudy floor.
4) GIFS!
5) Manly Euro GAF love.

<3 GAF <3

What about the controls?! It isn't a K2 thread without someone not liking the controls and then getting attacked for it.

IGN is such a waste of online space. Today I find this article on their site about the top 10 things they want to see improved in the game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1093756p1.html

What's the point of making an article like this when all the shit they listed is already known to be being worked on. Better 3D, less cursing, more story, better controls, more varied environments. Where's IGN been for the last week.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Meus Renaissance said:
Why is Sony pushing 3D gaming like it's even relevant? Ever since Avatar was a hit, everything is being branded as 3D.
I think you answered your own question. They are pushing it, because it's relevant - i.e. people are willing to pay for it.

MidgarBlowedUp said:
But I hate contacts and wear glasses for nearsightedness and astigmatism so is there no 3D for me?
I wear glasses like that too. 3D works fine for me, but of course you have to be wearing 3D glasses on top of your prescription glasses, Caruso style.

Trickster

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
IGN is such a waste of online space. Today I find this article on their site about the top 10 things they want to see improved in the game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1093756p1.html

What's the point of making an article like this when all the shit they listed is already known to be being worked on. Better 3D, less cursing, more story, better controls, more varied environments. Where's IGN been for the last week.

Lists like that are not uncommon at all.

Also, while big killzone fans like those in this topic are gonna drool over stuff like leaked info from magazines and offscreen footage, the vast majority of gamers are not gonna know anything about the game at this point in time.

That said, I have no idea why people would read ign, site is awful.

I actually loved the feel of BC2. It had the right amounts of weight and inertia while still being totally responsive and tight. I also never said the the AI was shit. I just meant it has yet to do anything surprising. So it seems pretty par to me. Which means it's good enough.

I like how when I post an actual honest opinion some rush to defend the hive so quickly but can't be bothered to write anything more than rehashed, throwaway one-liners.

BeeDog

Russian Steve said:
I actually loved the feel of BC2. It had the right amounts of weight and inertia while still being totally responsive and tight. I also never said the the AI was shit. I just meant it has yet to do anything surprising. So it seems pretty par to me. Which means it's good enough.

I like how when I post an actual honest opinion some rush to defend the hive so quickly but can't be bothered to write anything more than rehashed, throwaway one-liners.

Are you honestly surprised that after posting a somewhat inflammatory reply in a hype topic where *gasp* fans of the previous game have gathered, people will feel the need to reply to your post? You're not really helping your cause by acting dickish now and pulling the "hivemind/fanboy" card, especially if you're eager to start an actual discussion or whatever.

I asked this in the KZ2 thread but didn't get a response. This thread seems more active, so I figure I'll ask here:

I'm playing the KZ2 campaign right now and the voices seem extremely muted. I increased the voice volume while decreasing the music and sound effects, but I still can't hear shit. I'm glad there are subtitles, but is there another way to fix this? I'm playing in 5.1 over optical if it makes any difference.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
BeeDog said:
Are you honestly surprised that after posting a somewhat inflammatory reply in a hype topic where *gasp* fans of the previous game have gathered, people will feel the need to reply to your post? You're not really helping your cause by acting dickish now and pulling the "hivemind/fanboy" card, especially if you're eager to start an actual discussion or whatever.

It happened in the official thread also.

Meus Renaissance said:
Why is Sony pushing 3D gaming like it's even relevant? Ever since Avatar was a hit, everything is being branded as 3D. Before long we'll have "your favourite delicious cereal, now in 3D"

Because they need to sell their 3.500 Euros TVs somehow.

Dibbz

_dementia said:
I asked this in the KZ2 thread but didn't get a response. This thread seems more active, so I figure I'll ask here:

I'm playing the KZ2 campaign right now and the voices seem extremely muted. I increased the voice volume while decreasing the music and sound effects, but I still can't hear shit. I'm glad there are subtitles, but is there another way to fix this? I'm playing in 5.1 over optical if it makes any difference.
Sounds like it might be a sound settings on your PS3. Check out your settings in the XMB. You can enable certain formats I think. Not sure which you should be using but I thought I should try and help at least :)

I loved KZ2 controls before they changed it. I don't care what anyone says, the weight made it feel more realistic. Too bad they had to change it, as I thought it was an evolution in FPS. Instead people want the shitty gun on a stick controls. smh

Plus, I better be in that GAF veteran clan! Objectives are my thing!!!!! Winning is the most important thing!!!!!!!

Edit:<----------- updated my avatar!!!

Dibbz said:
Sounds like it might be a sound settings on your PS3. Check out your settings in the XMB. You can enable certain formats I think. Not sure which you should be using but I thought I should try and help at least :)
thanks for the response i'll play around with it and see what works

Mr_Brit said:

I've loved and owned every single game they have made this generation. You can keep speaking out of your ass like you are the voice of authority, but you aren't. Your opinion on Halo and Killzone's AI is not fact and neither is this.

Why would Sony be looking to get rid of Insomniac? They have consistently year after year put out platinum selling titles that critics and gamers have loved.

BeeDog

_dementia said:
thanks for the response i'll play around with it and see what works

Do note that KZ2's audio mixing ain't the best either, so don't be surprised if changing the audio settings won't help at all. I also have problems with unbalanced channels.

patsu

Mr_Brit said:

I don't know how Insomniac will perform in the future, but RFOM is right up there as one of the best PS3 titles. If the GAF clan played it continuously for close to 2 years every day, it means we liked it. ^_^

If you can't appreciate the title, then so be it. R&C is a very fun franchise too. If you prefer something else, then by all means go buy other games, but there is no reason to berate Insomniac, or people who enjoy the games.

Even if they fail at a future title, it does not imply RFOM is a bad game. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom