• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Ramirez

Have 3 person party going. If anyone else wants to join, feel free to add me:

PSN id: kilgoreisdead

I'm headed on, TJ-Ramirez.

My Astros stopped working for whatever reason last night, so I won't have a mic. Well, it's working now, but who knows for how long...it starts crackling and popping after about 30 minutes, then goes out completely. :\

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gameplay-wise, I just tried out Killzone Multiplayer (haven't even touched Single Player yet) and have been having a good time, though the graphics are really bugging me: The blurry FXAA, the super blurry sides, and the low FOV are really combining to give me a headache and I never gotten headaches playing games ever, low FOV or not. Maybe it's simply that I'm getting old, but has anyone else been dissuaded by the graphics?

Only played a few matches but I actually kind of agree. I think they're using FXAA in MP and TMAA in the campaign and it makes a big difference in clarity. The fake motion blur from KZ2 is also back, that's the worst part. It's basically just a blurry HUD overlay instead of actual motion blur. I have no idea why they used it again since the actual game's motion blur is great and unobstrusive.

mrdark

Banned
No one uses the mic. I hate that it's dead silent. There is no level music either, just footsteps and gunshots. Other than that it's pretty fun for Killzone.

llotus

Neo Member
So honestly, should I pick this game up or Ghosts for multiplayer? I kind of want to stop supporting CoD cause it really hasn't been stellar as of late but I'm hearing that there is next to nobody playing Killzone online. Blacklight has like no one as well since I can sit there trying to find a game for like 10 minutes and get nothing but then again that could just be poor matchmaking.

I only ask cause I'm purchasing games tomorrow

Mesoian

So honestly, should I pick this game up or Ghosts for multiplayer? I kind of want to stop supporting CoD cause it really hasn't been stellar as of late but I'm hearing that there is next to nobody playing Killzone online. Blacklight has like no one as well since I can sit there trying to find a game for like 10 minutes and get nothing but then again that could just be poor matchmaking.

Do you ever play local? Because if yes, get Ghosts. If that's not an issue for you, you're fine going either way. The multiplayer packages for both games are pretty solid.

Hazelhurst

Anyone know how to destroy turrets / drones when the Scout class?

It seems like I can't destroy these things at all with a sniper rifle that is a one hit kill to a enemy.

Ugggg, not enough people picking support and laying down spawn points. I mean I'm getting crazy points for doing it but I don't enjoy the role all the time.

Mesoian

Ugggg, not enough people picking support and laying down spawn points. I mean I'm getting crazy points for doing it but I don't enjoy the role all the time.

It's cool to support the team, but honestly, the guns for support are SOOOOOO bad, I can see why everyone wants to run assault or scout, especially with that 1 hit kill sniper rifle. This game may have the worst shotgun I have ever used in a FPS.

llotus

Neo Member
Do you ever play local? Because if yes, get Ghosts. If that's not an issue for you, you're fine going either way. The multiplayer packages for both games are pretty solid.

Here and there but online multiplayer would be the main stay between these two games. I only question it because of how long I sit in the lobby looking for a match in Blacklight. Maybe I only do that because there were 3 FPS games at launch so nobody is playing the freebie.

eroots

Just finished a few more matches...I think 14 players is great for these maps....makes it a bit slower and more tactical.. Hope they add voice chat tho, would be nice to communicate with teammates especially since everyone has mics now..

They need to update the playlists pronto:

-Classic Warzone (full 24 players, replacing the shell of a Warzone they have now)
-TDM (replacing New Recruits)
-Some tactical playlist with fewer players (I guess the Warzone they have now, but without the giant maps)

The rest can be whatever.

It seems odd, but some maps seem too small for 24 players, and some maps seem way too big for 14 players.

Love it. I don't know if I will need another FPS now. As long as there is a long lasting community with all the custom warzones the replay ability is near endless.

I love that there is no aim assist as well.

Add me if you haven't. Psn is the same as forum. I will never use a mic but I attack and defend objectives like a maniac.

This game may have the worst shotgun I have ever used in a FPS.
What do you say that? I'm a big fan of the shotgun in this game, and I usually use it or the assault rifle when I play support.

I don't really get the burst gun for the Scout, is there something I'm missing? The main fire mode is alright but I don't get the alternate fire. Does it do a lot of damage or something? I feel like I'm better off using the main mode.

X-Frame

So how do I get people to resupply at my Ammo Crates? FYI, it regenerates health too by resupplying.

I suppose it would be more valuable on slower, more tactical games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really suck at the MP in this game. Seriously awful. It's kind of funny since I'm one of the only ones who doesn't think the campaign is hard at all.

Good games earlier everybody. Crazy good time with a game full of GAFers.

Side note:
If anyone wants to put together a tips/getting started guide, I'll glady add it to the OP.

Am I getting this right that there is no mic chat in the multiplayer?

What the hell is this?

In 2013 I was kind of expecting that we'd be getting video chat - isn't this what they showed when Shu joined a game @ e3? - I thought I remember seeing a small video window in the top right?

In fact, I thought all games allowed a video chat - is this not the case?

VadeM

Neo Member
If anyone could use another semi-useless body to fill their party, please add me: EvilVadem.
I don't understand why they wouldn't have chat in a multiplayer game, and add that to the fact that out of all my friends I'm the only one who has bought a PS4, and sometimes matches become exceptionally frustrating against people who do communicate and show a marginal amount of organization.

I'd greatly recommend Killzone MP.

It's absolutely amazing. With a good team, I'm having so much fun using the different classes to my advantage.

No problem finding any matches. Looks gorgeous and plays wonderfully.

Added myself.

Also froze the titles on the spreadsheet, that way you can see them when scrolling down.

Is there a way to add People to your psn via web browser?

X-Frame

Has anyone unlocked the Mobile Mine yet for the Support Class?

I have it, and equip it, but have no idea how to use it. It should be Down on the D-Pad, but when I have it equipped, I don't see anything on my HUD showing that it should be there or how to activate it.

I haven't unlocked the Missile Launcher yet, but I am assuming that will also be Down on the D-Pad.

What am I doing wrong?

Gator86

This game is going to be a complete disaster by the end of next week once everyone realizes Purger minigun plus turret is unstoppable. The purger does twice as much damage as other guns, fires twice as fast, has a 5-6x bigger clip size, and no recoil. Turrets do a ton of damage and take 3-4 clips to down.

The multiplayer has a distinct COD feel as you spend most of your time trying to avoid air support and turrets. Not a great trend.

It's just jarring since the IQ in SP is so much better.

Weird. I wonder if they turned down the FXAA quality for a bit of extra frame MS saving (which causes the FXAA to blur the image even more).

That would be a weird decision given how cheap even the highest "quality" FXAA costs next to nothing.

This game is going to be a complete disaster by the end of next week once everyone realizes Purger minigun plus turret is unstoppable. The purger does twice as much damage as other guns, fires twice as fast, has a 5-6x bigger clip size, and no recoil. Turrets do a ton of damage and take 3-4 clips to down.

The multiplayer has a distinct COD feel as you spend most of your time trying to avoid air support and turrets. Not a great trend.

Air support takes half a clip to chase away, 3/4ths to blow up (Pulver AR). Turrets take a full clip it seems like and have like a 30 degree coverage. All the abilities are situational but OP as hell when used well, I think balanced team make-up is key. Feels mostly the same as KZ2 class hard counters to abilities.

Enjoying the MP a lot more than Single player. MP has a lot of balanced weapons for combat and its never boring. The SP maps are a mess though and has a lot of issues

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Weird. I wonder if they turned down the FXAA quality for a bit of extra frame MS saving (which causes the FXAA to blur the image even more).

That would be a weird decision given how cheap even the highest "quality" FXAA costs next to nothing.

I think when they said TMAA+FXAA they meant TMAA for SP and FXAA for MP instead of both at the same time. There is zero FXAA blur in Campaign but it's obvious in MP.

SF.png

DISCUSS MULTIPLAYER | EXCHANGE PSN IDS | SAVOR THAT CHIRP

Add yourself to Google Spreadsheet. Quote to see the link to it.

Radec's Official Thread can be found here.
Thought we could use a multiplayer discussion as a few people asked about a thread in the OT, and PSN IDs are scattered about.

Thanks

Getting on right now, not using the mic though sadly. However, I just mainly use Support and revive-spam, so not to worry, I won't be *too* much of a burden.

ID is Psychoward23

Top Bottom