• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

A game could have 66 characters (68 if you count "shapeshifting" as 2 more), and people would still be bemoaning 1 or 2 being lost. LoL. I do understand it, but man, if this leak is real, I mean... this would be trying REALLY HARD to be the platform that tries it's hardest to usurp every other KoF.

Sure it'd still be missing Shermie, Honoka, Rock... but there'd be like a remixed flavor of every SNKP Archetype in there somewhere.

I would still want New Face and USA team in there. HA!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd still love to see Shermie back, but by this point, I'd just feel greedy!

I wonder if any of our remaining reveals might actually make people say "Y'know, I like this new take better than the old one!"?

Like... could Pillow boy ever feel like a solid enough mix of O.Chris and Normal that people wouldn't miss Chris anymore?

I'd love to see such an obviously fan-pleasing DLC plan, but yeah... this would be quite something. Whip and Mary back would be enough for me for a while... I could let Chizuru and Shermie go for one more game!

TreIII

Yeah, smelling the BS here, too. Even with the "Japanese" being off, a lot of the "teams" don't make a lot of sense. Eiji themed with Yagami, instead of over with Billy and Geese? A shapeshifter that has the powers of Yashiro, Ash and Krizalid?

As much as I would love a DLC plan of this sort for XIV, I just don't at all see it playing out like this.

Edit: Looking at the follow-up post, this poster goes on to say that Bao would be a teenager, as well. This, from the series where characters don't age at all since '95?

Bardiche

I'm taking the list with a grain of salt but it would be sweet if Eiji and Heidern returned. Imagine having Heidern as a quarter-circle character like in KoF 2001.

It's odd that Yashiro is included but not Chris and Shermie.

Gren

Take with much he grains of the salt.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209188/kofxiv-dlcs-leaked-list

Google Translate Version!:

Posted by a guy who joined SRK 5 hours ago! WOHOO! (-_-;)

I normally don't post stuff like this, but any tidbits that start there seem to find their way here eventually.

For the "Another World" Lee, do they mean Lee Rekka from LB? Because the only other Lee I can think of is Pai Long from AOF, a series already well-established in KOF.

That would be so fuckin' sick.

TreIII

I'm taking the list with a grain of salt but it would be sweet if Eiji and Heidern returned. Imagine having Heidern as a quarter-circle character like in KoF 2001.

It's odd that Yashiro is included but not Chris and Shermie.

Well, the leaker's idea is that it's not really Yashiro, but some type of shapeshifter fighter who combines his abilities, along with Krizalid and Ash's.

But again, it's still waaaay too out there, for me.

C-Sword

Cg3NWWHUkAAgRSW.jpg:orig

Tizoc

I see that Ramon has a little tiger pattern on his shirt now.

Wonder who's that directly beneath Kyo. Doesn't especially look like anyone on the leaked roster pic.
He is in the leaked roster
He is evil dhalsim who is teamed with choi and chang

Zerojul

I normally don't post stuff like this, but any tidbits that start there seem to find their way here eventually.
I don't put much stock in that list, but a lot of those names would kinda make sense and I'd be glad to have Heidern and Yamazaki back so...

Sweet.

SephLuis

He says:

ダウンロード可能なコンテンツ

What bothered me is the 可能な, which means possible. I guess a correct translation would be possible DLC content, so I don't think all these characters are a lock for release just quite yet.

Also, is there already any footage or systems info about this game ? I am not the biggest KOF fan, but I have a general interest in FGs

I'd love that DLC if it were true, but what sticks out to me is the "Lee" for the Another World. I assume it would be Lee Rekka which is hard to believe. All these characters seem like they're based off popularity, but someone like Akari would fit far better. She's much more popular and she'd fit quite well with the other ladies of the AN team.

mujun

Just announcing that there are plans for several connections between the two games. Features? Characters? No idea what. Just that there is some form of collaboration.

Top Bottom