• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Tizoc

Click the link, there is a screen grab of a slide from the presentation.

The KOF98 mobile game has been a huge hit in China etc. from day 1, it's been making millions.

An article from last year: http://dreamcancel.com/2015/12/17/kof-98-online-generated-43-million-usd-revenue-in-november/

Umm I am using my phone's hotspot, trying to limit usage of my remaining MBs to just GAF til my home net gets fixed some time next year ToT
But yo that is new thread worthy, seriously just so more people realize how big KoF is in China and neighboring regions.

A.E Suggs

Click the link, there is a screen grab of a slide from the presentation.

The KOF98 mobile game has been a huge hit in China etc. from day 1, it's been making millions.

An article from last year: http://dreamcancel.com/2015/12/17/kof-98-online-generated-43-million-usd-revenue-in-november/

That's great to here, god damn that's a lot! SNK will be making bank then when they roll out cartoons and other things.

So since china can have consoles now does that mean that SNK can be a big seller on ps4 there?

Amedo310

...oh fuck this means something doesn't it?

I'm not sure. The site gives off two different dates for Kyo. The correct one, Dec. 12th, is given in Japanese while June 6th is given in English. It could be a typo in the English site since Kyo would have the same birthday as Benimaru and other characters' birthdates did not change.

Japanese Site:
Capture_zpssbi1xcam.png

English Site:

Neoxon

I'm not sure. The site gives off two different dates for Kyo. The correct one, Dec. 12th, is given in Japanese while June 6th is given in English. It could be a typo in the English site since Kyo would have the same birthday as Benimaru and other characters' birthdates did not change.

Japanese Site:

English Site:
Then yeah, it's likely a typo on Atlus' part.

stn

Never been a Kyo main but I am VERY relieved that he is getting his Classic look as DLC. Looks 10x better than his reboot. Day one, now hyped.

Zerojul

Just preordered this with the fury of a thousand burning suns. The artbook is a nice freebie.
I can't believe I'll be able to play this in a mere 4 months. Stoked.

BadWolf

It's all good homie, you can't crouch under f,f+A anymore!

That's good stuff, his other moves might be better/safer too now that he doesn't have access to EX moves at all times. He was really solid in XIII overall, having the best EX moves in the game just took him over the edge.

Another thing I noticed is that Kim finally seems to be considered airborne now during the D Hangetsuzan?

Previously he looked liked he was in the air visually but he could be thrown out of it easily. During yesterday's stream I saw it go over Iori's fireball in one match and in another Kim got air reset when Kyo punched him out of the Hangetsuzan.

We also don't know what fighting style his master will use, he might be rekka based (which is why Kim and Luong might not be).

BadWolf

A better look at the third character on the invitational team:

RvijAtf.jpg

Via Dreamcancel user videoman190, there will be another Famitsu stream tomorrow on Niconico:

It is another Famitsu stream this time it's the 24 character version! which will open at 7:30 PM JST and start at 8:00 PM JST.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/725310356508172289
https://t.co/OT5shHDFIw

Stream link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv260063785

Is there a compilation of yesterday footage? or some place where we could see some combos?
So far is just talking...! I need this game

EDIT: Just did a little bit more search and found the video of BadWolf lol ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGNCTLz4GF4&app=desktop )

Sorry, I forgot to post it in this thread hehe.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That pic made me realize it's SS1/2 Nako. So I guess this one from before was a shop? Or might it be an alt/DLC?

The one from before was plucked out of Samsho-Sen or such, there's a comparison of it hidden somewhere on Twitter. So yeah, definitely was a faked photoshop.

For that matter, here's Ronny's comparison of Nako's style:

nakoruru_costumes_by_ronnymaia-da0fkym.jpg

Loona

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You guys know the Famitsu stream is on now, right? They're pretty much just going through Climax DMs. Nico^2 decided to push me out when Ryo did his :-/

Nelson's is pretty nice, we got to see Mai's, Athena's full animation, and Vice missed hers, as it looks like an anti-air.

OOoh, Terry just did Normals->EX Burn Knuckle->Wallbounce!->EX Crack Shot->Groundbounce!-> Power Geyser. That was pretty nice.

Sayad

Miss X in Gal Fighters for the NGPC complains about that when you face that character as Nakoruru - another reason to give Iori that outfit as possible DLC...
Another game my favorite SS character, Shiki, appeared in while yet to show up in a proper mainline SS game. Fix this shit SNK.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The Vice play on stream was just rather nice. Didn't see too much new, but that was a solid 98-ish Vice play that solidified the whole match.

They made Sie ugly, I'm not sure i can deal with that.

People like him plain and normal looking, guess they'll get their wish! His jacket kinda reminds me of something from TWEWY, actually. We'll see how he looks in fully realized style... eventually, ha.

Here's a clear view of the pic too, BTW:

Cg7HGkVWYAAzX1-.jpg:orig

I really like his XII and XIII look, hope it shows up at some point.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Isn't that Chris?

Yup, new member of the Psycho Soldiers team! After finding himself alive for... reasons unspecified, he convinced Kensou that he'd never actually get Athena's attentions.

UNLESS...

...and just like that, a dark scheme was born, one created to obtain love, but that would ruin the lives of the Psycho Soldiers FOREVER!

*Stay Tuned for part 2, coming NEVER!*

In all seriousness, it's amazing we get Chinese (Sie), Japanese (Kyo), Korean (Kim), and Swedish (Chris) origin characters mixed up all the time, haha. They really all need more individualized styles in 3D, and I think it's good they look a bit more different now (Except Chris, who isn't here), even if it's a small offshoot from their traditional 2D looks.

orioto

Good Art™
Sie Kensou was a hot chinese student when Shinkiro drew him. They made him a kid since then..

Well, of course Shinkiro never knew how to not make somoene a hot stud in first place.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If you say so! XD I like Kensou as a bit of a goof, with a serious side that can also emerge. It's a good mix. If he was really a stud, I think his time with Athena, even in the old KoFs, would have gone much more smoothly...

----

It other news, compilation of all the good stuff from today's Nico Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhJLzHT9Tk
sHf2QF4.gif

BadWolf

OOoh, Terry just did Normals->EX Burn Knuckle->Wallbounce!->EX Crack Shot->Groundbounce!-> Power Geyser. That was pretty nice.

That was a cool looking combo, stringing wall bounce and ground bounce together was sweet. He also did an advanced cancel combo earlier and another using the power charge.

Also, Terry's Climax DM just does an old school Power Dunk (non-Climax version) if used as an anti-air. Terry is looking great in XIV.

Vice's CDM also seems to be an anti-air ala Clark. Too bad they also didn't spend time testing EX moves and not just DM and CDMs.

And I can't remember the last time I saw a character that is a troll from head to toe like Sylvie. Her design, voice, moves, animation (that win screen face lol), everything is geared towards trolling. She turned out much better than I expected and is rather well animated.

K's CDM is the same as his XIII Neomax but with a more elaborate start up animation.

Too bad they made Bandeiras and Kim's CDMs so similar.

Those last 3 matches were legit decent levels of play, they should let these guys stream again and just play matches.

stn

Interesting: Nelson has only two special moves. Wonder how that's going to play out? Also, I hope we receive Classic Terry as DLC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for this!

One observation I have is that King of Dinosaurs has Maxima Revenger as his climax SDM. I miss that move. Maxima is now more of a heavy hitter than a grappler.

It's amazing how fast people pull those vids together, no problem!

And yeah... my brother said the same thing (about it being REVENGA like). I wonder if Maxima's Climax DM might actually be REVENGA like though, since all we've seen of it so far is "Person is launched over Maxima, and is then hit by an upward-shot BEAMMMM".

His normal DMs seem to be a horizontal BEAMMM and his VAAAPUH KANNUNNN punches from XIII, so I hope his CDM is a grapple this time.

And please bring back MONGOLIAN. Y'know... because... MON MON MON GOLIAN! - UUUUUUHHHHHH!!

Interesting: Nelson has only two special moves. Wonder how that's going to play out? Also, I hope we receive Classic Terry as DLC.

He's more like Angel or Gai Tendo in that his ability to chain "normals" is what makes him as a character. The 2 Specials I believe are a "Punchers Vision" style dash, and a command grab.

But his "command normal" punches can chain into weak, strong, overhead, heavy, and dashes, so it's pretty impressive really.

Top Bottom