• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

I wonder if Re:CoM's music was remastered as well, since a good 70-80% of it's music was comprised of slightly arranged stuff from KH1.

Reveirg

All I hear are loud noises, but that must be because of my poor connection. Guess those remasters include actual instruments rather than mere synthesizers.

From what I'm hearing, there doesn't seem to be any live instruments recording. But the PS3 has a huge advantage over the PS2: they have the space and memory to have all the audio streaming from the disc, instead of using the console's sound chip.

They're most likely using high-quality VST instruments (real instruments sample programmed through MIDI), giving it a much higher quality feel than the original's synth-only soundtrack.

Oh god if they remaster KH2 music... I dunno why but KH2 music is pretty low quality compared to KH1 for example, I dunno if they did a lot of compressing or what. But KH2 OST really would shine if they bother remastering it.

Roubjon

Oh god if they remaster KH2 music... I dunno why but KH2 music is pretty low quality compared to KH1 for example, I dunno if they did a lot of compressing or what. But KH2 OST really would shine if they bother remastering it.

Yeah, it would benefit a lot from that. The music in KH2 always seemed like some of the weakest in the series. Mainly because whatever synthesizer was used just sounded really weak.

I honestly can't imagine why anyone that wasn't a native Japanese speaker would prefer Japanese voices in this series, to be honest.

I just watched like 15 minutes of japanese days cutscenes. What the hell am I doing :lol.

Gameplay looks pretty gud.

Yep. And we know now that you don't get magic or Dodge Roll before leaving Destiny Islands after all (though I still think those were enabled via a developer mode rather than via a special demo build).

Only serious question remaining for me is whether there are any additional unannounced features (like the remastered music) and how the framerate handles lots of effects going on (since an early trailer showed Chain of Memories slowing down very badly during certain magic spells).

RPGCrazied

This and Xillia are my most hyped releases. Neither has a release date. :(

And Final Fantasy X HD, but that isn't coming out anytime soon I gather.

Seda

I honestly can't imagine why anyone that wasn't a native Japanese speaker would prefer Japanese voices in this series, to be honest.

Kenneth Mars (RIP) as Triton alone makes the English dub superior.

Please don't take this assertion seriously if you prefer the Japanese voices. I feel silly that I even have to disclaim this.

Vashetti

Banned
I would assume Days doesn't have English because that required new voicing to be done. KH1 has English audio though.

Jesse McCartney has recorded new dialog for Roxas:

jessebooth-300x300.jpg

Seda

Jesse McCartney has recorded new dialog for Roxas:

jessebooth-300x300.jpg

I meant in the Japanese release for that exact reason. If he just recently recorded these, I doubt Days in the Japanese release has English audio even though Kingdom Hearts 1 has English audio.

Bah the stream ends at Deep Jungle. Need to hear remasters of all the Hollow Bastion/End of the World music and of course One Winged Angel!

And seems that they didn't bother voicing the new Final Mix scenes. Kinda lazy if they had to probably drag the Riku actor for Days and he is pretty much the only one you need to voice the new scenes.

Well they allready have the KH2FM scenes voiced but I doubt theyd bother doing them in english. Oh well beggars can't be choosers.

Andrefpvs

And seems that they didn't bother voicing the new Final Mix scenes. Kinda lazy if they had to probably drag the Riku actor for Days and he is pretty much the only one you need to voice the new scenes.

We may get lucky with the western localization, since it's still so far to launch and they're recording.

We may get lucky with the western localization, since it's still so far to launch.

Yeah but honestly it's not nearly as big deal with KH1FM. The new scenes kinda make even sense without voices. Sephiroth+Cloud is textboxes only anyway and the memories of Sora/Riku has no dialogue so It really is only two scenes that could use VA and both of em only really need few lines of Riku VA to be perfect. Xemnas scene has reused VA for Goofy+Sora and Xemnas kinda is talking through telepathy or some shit how it is shown.

KH2FM on the other hand has many scenes and some of them are friggin long (Zexion+Vexen+Xigbar scene for example) that it just is kinda lame without VA. So I would be ok with new scenes not voiced in KH1FM but I REEEALLY hope they will voice them for KH2FM.

Birth By Sleep FM only needs Aquas VA so that would be fairly easy to do. They used voices in the new scenes so it makes sense to voice em in english.

botty

Banned
Don't know what the surprise is all about. The Kingdom Hearts brand has always been of high quality. This is the standard.

Top Bottom