• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Soriku

YMYDjge.jpg

LqaBUlz.jpg

Dem teeth.

RPGCrazied

Better that than a trophy for beating the game at Level 1.

The synthesizing trophy's going to be a bitch, though. Synthesizing in KH1FM is so much more tedious than it needs to be.

I guess. I guess I'm playing more than once. First run will be on the hardest difficulty and changing keyblades.

Then I will play easy with just the kingdom key. lol

Soriku

Is the balance changed in KH1 FM? I don't remember how it is in OG KH1 but in KH2 you can get by with just Kingdom Key just fine. Could be the same in KH1 but can you resist dat Diamond Dust that us gaijins never got?

Is the balance changed in KH1 FM? I don't remember how it is in OG KH1 but in KH2 you can get by with just Kingdom Key just fine. Could be the same in KH1 but can you resist dat Diamond Dust that us gaijins never got?

Well, considering Diamond Dust isn't that great of a weapon... :V

But yeah, most character and weapon stats got rebalanced. Kingdom Key only runs shouldn't be much of a problem either way, though.

Soriku

Well, considering Diamond Dust isn't that great of a weapon... :V

But yeah, most character and weapon stats got rebalanced. Kingdom Key only runs shouldn't be much of a problem either way, though.

Really? :/ Is there a new Keyblade better than Ultima Weapon?

Well, it does give you a pretty great MP Boost, but Ultima Weapon is still the better overall keyblade, since it has a pretty significant boost in all stats.

One Winged Angel (or Divine Rose) make for good Ultima substitutes though, since the former has a pretty high critical boost, and the latter got a huge strength boost from the US release for whatever reason.

Clear the game without changing the... keyblade once? Also seems to have difficulty trophies too.
I don't think it's the keyblade. It's probably either for beating the game without leveling up, or for beating the game without changing the difficulty level.

OWA looks pretty cool...but DD is so much cooler. Argggghhh.

I basically comes down to whether or not you value magic over brute strength. The main problem with Diamond Dust and One Winged Angel is that by the time you're strong enough to obtain them, you might as well just move on to Ultima Weapon.

Ultima Weapon has long range, 2MP and good critical hits.
Diamond Dust has 3MP, magic boost, short range and bad criticals.
One-Winged Angel has -1MP, long range, less critical hits but absurd damage (x16, iirc).

It all depends on your playstyle. UW is the more balanced one and DS/OWA favor magic or physicals. And they also produce ice/fire when you attack, which is awesome.

Soriku

Ultima Weapon has long range, 2MP and good critical hits.
Diamond Dust has 3MP, magic boost, short range and bad criticals.
One-Winged Angel has -1MP, long range, less critical hits but absurd damage (x16, iirc).

It all depends on your playstyle. UW is the more balanced one and DS/OWA favor magic or physicals. And they also produce ice/fire when you attack, which is awesome.

DD sounds like shit lol :( OWA seems like it could be pretty good though. Is the extra damage significant enough?

Doesn't OWA have slightly longer range than even UW?

All three "best" Keyblades just continue to confirm that Sora's at his best when you choose the wand for dat MP boost.

DD sounds like shit lol :( OWA seems like it could be pretty good though. Is the extra damage significant enough?

Only if you count clearing a whole area with a single Ragnarok as shit :)

The extra damage on the OWA is pretty significant. The Unknown's HP bar drains a lot with each critical.

I think a Level 1 game sounds more interesting than one in which you don't change your Keyblade. Playing it with the Kingdom Key the whole time sounds boring, not challenging,

RPGCrazied

I played KH 1 not to long ago on PCSX2, with AA enabled. Playing the ReMix 1.5 is going to seem like a downgrade since it doesn't have AA. But having the Final Mix content is good enough to double dip. Trophies don't hurt either. Oh yeah and better camera control. KH 1 camera was atrocious.

Vashetti

Banned
I played KH 1 not to long ago on PCSX2, with AA enabled. Playing the ReMix 1.5 is going to seem like a downgrade since it doesn't have AA. But having the Final Mix content is good enough to double dip. Trophies don't hurt either. Oh yeah and better camera control. KH 1 camera was atrocious.

Not necessarily, the upgraded textures on certain things look really great.

Native widescreen, improved textures, HD-native menu/HUD elements, Final Mix content, modernized camera controls, dedicated special attack/interact button, trophies, newer character models...

All that more than makes up for the lack of AA. Hardly a downgrade at all, IMO.

RPGCrazied

Kagari is giving birth as we speak so she has asked me to take over your request. It was too huge for her.Let me know if you want a specific angle.

Really? Whoa, I didn't know. I just sent her a PM. Congrats! And is there anyway to not cut off the image at all? I don't mind if its a little stretched. I guess its not possible with that image.

Seda

Lol. Its not *so* bad, but I wish they would release an HD wallpaper of that cover, love it! And Kagari isn't, it was a joke, but cleared that up in the PM I sent her.

Thank Seda!

I figured it was some weird joke. She's tweeting normally and I think we would have heard about it.

I just wasnt sure why that would be the content of a joke though.

Shhh Shut up!

Top Bottom