• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Narolf

Banned
Can't wait to see the main menu in HD.
2926729621_1_3.jpg

I think it's just a demo thing but might it be possible if you're doing a Lvl 1 playthrough?

I dunno. Dodge roll and magic you gain without leveling. Only thing that would make sense to give at the beginning would be some of the abilities only gained with leveling up, especially guard.

They replaced the models. They have a little better textures.

My import copy is being prepared for shipment. Hopefully should have it by Friday.

Very tempted to import... my wallet says do it but my brain says don't.

I don't think that I will, because I already own every Kingdom Hearts Final Mix title, so the "new" content wont be new for me at all. I just want a KH game on my trophy list dang it ;_;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I don't think that I will, because I already own every Kingdom Hearts Final Mix title, so the "new" content wont be new for me at all. I just want a KH game on my trophy list dang it ;_;

I don't so it'll be new for me... plus SEA's plan to release the NA version in the Fall seems short-sighted.

It still has some things added just for the HD collection :).

That said apparently the music is slightly different. I guess they really did redo the whole soundtrack? Need better quality video to be sure.

I don't so it'll be new for me... plus SEA's plan to release the NA version in the Fall seems short-sighted.

The FM content is woefully understated for the first game. You'll have a blast. The new abilities that were also in KH2 really improve the gameplay. Stuff like Sliding Dash, Stun Impact, and Leaf Bracer are great additions. Not to mention the new items, new heartless (which are basically minibossses in and of themselves), and Xemnas (which is the best optional fight in the series).

People act like the stuff it adds is really miniscule but it isn't!

Wonder how Zero EXP will at all be possible though... in KH2FM it was balanced because all offensive abilities were obtained through bosses, and not levels. In KH1FM most every ability besides the Limits are obtained with levels so I don't see how the game would be possible.

It still has some things added just for the HD collection :).

That said apparently the music is slightly different. I guess they really did redo the whole soundtrack? Need better quality video to be sure.

They only orchestrated the music for Days. Which would be unfortunate, but the soundtrack for KH1 right now is fantastic so it can't make a huge difference.

The FM content is woefully understated for the first game. You'll have a blast. The new abilities that were also in KH2 really improve the gameplay. Stuff like Sliding Dash, Stun Impact, and Leaf Bracer are great additions. Not to mention the new items, new heartless (which are basically minibossses in and of themselves), and Xemnas (which is the best optional fight in the series).

People act like the stuff it adds is really miniscule but it isn't!

Wonder how Zero EXP will at all be possible though... in KH2FM it was balanced because all offensive abilities were obtained through bosses, and not levels. In KH1FM most every ability besides the Limits are obtained with levels so I don't see how the game would be possible.

They only orchestrated the music for Days. Which would be unfortunate, but the soundtrack for KH1 right now is fantastic so it can't make a huge difference.
Dont forget the Gummi Missions!

People are looking foreward to them too! ...right?

I have beaten the FM version like 3 times and I really can't remember a single thing that was different about the Gummi Missions. Of course I literally got through the game making no additions to my ship outside of adding Warp to it. I just fly to each place once and then warp from that point on.

I have beaten the FM version like 3 times and I really can't remember a single thing that was different about the Gummi Missions. Of course I literally got through the game making no additions to my ship outside of adding Warp to it. I just fly to each place once and then warp from that point on.

You can complete Gummi Routes with new challenges. For example using only specific type of weapon gummi or taking no damage ect. I think the reward for doing them are new gummi ship designs and blocks.

RPGCrazied

How come every video I watch of this, even in 720p I can see jaggies? I guess they are just upscaling the game?

Anywho, does anyone have the Japanese cover as a desktop wallpaper? I'd like to use it.

And the good news is that we finally seem to be on track to see what they can do on an HD console with KH. Nomura seems to be focused on getting the series back on track with consoles

kingdom-hearts-ii-02a40kq9.jpg

I really hope they don't even try to make it look like this. It works on CGI but on gameplay I like the current artstyle waaaaaay more. Just keep the current style, make great textures on clothes and hair, bigger and more detailed enviroments and shitload of particles.

Galang

Banned
Wait. This looks SO GOOD. Will be getting Day 1.. don't even remember it looking like that the first time I watched footage.

BHK3

Banned

I was addicted to the gummi ship levels in KH2. I remember hating the path between pride lands and some world, because destroying everything on the giant heartless pirate ship was a pain in the ass, it would always get away with like 1 cannon left on low life.

And the level between the final word and twilight town I believe where you basically go inside a nobody death star and destroy, my eyes are gonna bleed when I see all this in HD.

It'd be really nice if the games did run at 60fps like in that video. I think Re:Coded is the only 3D title that ever ran at 60.

I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I'll import. I already own Final Mix... but Fall is pretty damn far away.

It'd be really nice if the games did run at 60fps like in that video. I think Re:Coded is the only 3D title that ever ran at 60.

I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I'll import. I already own Final Mix... but Fall is pretty damn far away.

4 KH platinums man. Is this even a question?
I'll wait ;-;

I have this feeling that Re:CoM will be a bitch to Plat. I hope they fixed the framerate, we have yet to see any recent footage of that. 30fps is quite fine with me personally.

Necrovex

I haven't played KH1 in so many years. I own Chains of Memories for the PS2, but I never found the time or motivation to play it. And I never touched the DS KH. So, I am pretty pumped for KH HD 1.5 to be released over in the states!

I am also one of those weird people who enjoyed the KH convoluted and nonsensical story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I haven't played KH1 in so many years. I own Chains of Memories for the PS2, but I never found the time or motivation to play it. And I never touched the DS KH. So, I am pretty pumped for KH HD 1.5 to be released over in the states!

Mine is still sealed...

Narolf

Banned
I am also one of those weird people who enjoyed the KH convoluted and nonsensical story.
It's not that weird, convoluted and nonsensical once you get to understand the key-concepts Nomura wanted to convey behind the games. In France, we get to learn those on our last year of high-school, in philosophy classes. That has allowed me to appreciate the series' depth.

Seda

Mine is still sealed...

Best part of Re:CoM is Reverse Rebirth. Practically no grinding, dont have to worry about cards or munny, relatively short, and Riku's character growth and interactions (dealing with lingering effects of Ansem:SOD and relationship with Mickey) is much more interesting than Sora's memories being manipulated.

BHK3

Banned
Never beat CoM, I used sleights the whole game and a couple of boss fights toward the end came down to me fighting with only a single attack card, cure card and simba card. Apparently I played the whole game wrong but I got taught at the start that using single cards was a bad idea, everytime I would use one it would get broken instantly by the enemy by a bigger card, using sleights would kill everyone though. Marluxia and his cherry blossoms of 9 and 0 cards did me in and I never touched it again.

Narolf

Banned
Best part of Re:CoM is Reverse Rebirth. Practically no grinding, dont have to worry about cards or munny, relatively short, and Riku's character growth and interactions (dealing with lingering effects of Ansem:SOD and relationship with Mickey) is much more interesting than Sora's memories being manipulated.

Never played RR for I remained stuck at the last battle against Riku's replica; I was 14. I've heard it's much easier than Sora's story.

Necrovex

Mine is still sealed...

Mine would still be sealed if I didn't lend it to a friend. It's a little sad that my friend finished *my copy,* and I still haven't played my own copy.

It's not that weird, convoluted and nonsensical once you get to understand the key-concepts Nomura wanted to convey behind the games. In France, we get to learn those on our last year of high-school, in philosophy classes. That has allowed me to appreciate the series' depth.

Your time would have been better spent understanding the deep symbolism nature of the Xenosaga franchise.

I am fairly excited to finally play a non-GBA version of CoM when the HD collection is released.

Top Bottom