• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Seda

Never played RR for I remained stuck at the last battle against Riku's replica; I was 14. I've heard it's much easier than Sora's story.

Yeah, you pretty much have to avoid as many regular battles as possible for any sort of challenge.

EDIT: I appreciated the challenging parts of Sora's story, but sometimes grinding away for money or certain cards was just too tedious.

Narolf

Banned
Your time would have been better spent understanding the deep symbolism nature of the Xenosaga franchise.

Wouldn't be hard if I ever get to play those since Nietzsche is the philosopher I've read the most of.
Yeah, you pretty much have to avoid as many regular battles as possible for any sort of challenge.

EDIT: I appreciated the challenging parts of Sora's story, but sometimes grinding away for money or certain cards was just too tedious.
That also applies to Vanilla KH by and large anyway.

I concur, FFXIII-mind numbing level.

Seda

Was randomly watching some Re:CoM Cutscenes.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I wonder if the extra time for localization has anything to do with more lip-syncing.

Unless I'm mistaken, KH1 was lipsynced, (although there are a lot of scenes that use 'fish-lips'). Re:CoM doesn't actually use the fish-lips all too often, but it's not English lip synced. (well, in the voiced scenes)

If only.

EDIT: Not sure how well this would work out hypothetically. Some of the lines are slightly awkward due to VAs attempting to match the lip movements there. They could animate to match the already in place English voices, but the delivery obviously would be the same.

Still wish they'd add New Game+ to this too. I'm pumped as hell, though (and seriously curious about Dodge Roll and access to magic in those Destiny Islands battles).

Tsunamo

My import copy is being prepared for shipment. Hopefully should have it by Friday.
Same here, I'd love to get it before Monday.
That was me refering to how the original PAL release was 50hz only and locked at 25fps and how this release will at least be 30fps. (because that's how it was intended to be played originally and it's no longer a outputting issue we suffer from with HD games in the PAL region, minus virtual console/PSN classics) I don't actually know whether it will be locked at 30fps or 60fps.

Kagari, please let us know ASAP if there are still transparency problems with some spell effects (especially in Chan of Memories, which looked like it had much worse issues in that early trailer).

Also, let us know whether you actually do somehow gain access to magic early in the game.

Andrefpvs

Still wish they'd add New Game+ to this too. I'm pumped as hell, though (and seriously curious about Dodge Roll and access to magic in those Destiny Islands battles).

You know, they should at least let us save after beating the Final Boss. In the original KH you had to reset the game after the ending scenes.

I remember beating the final boss and being like "wow, 20,000 exp!", and then you have to load your save before the point of no return. :|

I figured the extra skills in that video were just for demo purposes. (It'd be kind of boring to have nothing but the basic attack command in a demo)

New Game+ in KH1FM would be great, especially if it let you carry over abilities. It'd circumvent the issue with potential Level 1 runs too, in regards to essential abilities like Guard.

If we're really, really lucky, they'll add Kurt Zisa and Xemnas to the Coliseum so we can re-fight them (and have the assorted super-bosses drop Defense Up, Attack Up, or AP Up). It bugs me that those two are way more interesting than the Ice Titan, and arguably more interesting than Sephiroth, but you only get to fight them the once. Heck, I'd love to be able to fight Riku 2 again, too.
I figured the extra skills in that video were just for demo purposes. (It'd be kind of boring to have nothing but the basic attack command in a demo)

New Game+ in KH1FM would be great, especially if it let you carry over abilities. It'd circumvent the issue with potential Level 1 runs too, in regards to essential abilities like Guard.
I'd want it to carry over Keyblades, accessories, and abilities learned via leveling, but none of the abilities learned via story progress or Dalmatian progress. (So you'd need to get all of the magic and all of the special attacks back).

Keeping your customized Gummi Ship would be sweet, though. Make the lead up to finally unlocking the Warp Gummi a lot more tolerable.

That would be great. It's a shame that boss re-fights only recently started becoming a thing in the series.

I'd want it to carry over Keyblades, accessories, and abilities learned via leveling, but none of the abilities learned via story progress or Dalmatian progress. (So you'd need to get all of the magic and all of the special attacks back).

Keeping your customized Gummi Ship would be sweet, though. Make the lead up to finally unlocking the Warp Gummi a lot more tolerable.

That seems pretty fair.

Was randomly watching some Re:CoM Cutscenes.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I wonder if the extra time for localization has anything to do with more lip-syncing.

Unless I'm mistaken, KH1 was lipsynced, (although there are a lot of scenes that use 'fish-lips'). Re:CoM doesn't actually use the fish-lips all too often, but it's not English lip synced. (well, in the voiced scenes)

If only.

EDIT: Not sure how well this would work out hypothetically. Some of the lines are slightly awkward due to VAs attempting to match the lip movements there. They could animate to match the already in place English voices, but the delivery obviously would be the same.

I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure one reason why they didn't lipsynch was because all the cutscenes in re:CoM were pre-recorded video or something for some reason. You can see this while playing with emulator, cutscenes scale very badly to high resolutions compared to actual gameplay unlike KH1 or 2. But with HD they would need to redo them anyway so we might get lipsynch. It just is so weird why they would do something like that with the cutscenes in original Re:CoM. I must be wrong here :/

Example: Here are Re:CoM and KH2FM running on same settings (resolution)
H04TRGi.jpg

I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure one reason why they didn't lipsynch was because all the cutscenes in re:CoM were pre-recorded video or something for some reason. You can see this while playing with emulator, cutscenes scale very badly to high resolutions compared to actual gameplay unlike KH1 or 2. But with HD they would need to redo them anyway so we might get lipsynch. It just is so weird why they would do something like that with the cutscenes in original Re:CoM. I must be wrong here :/

I'm not exactly sure why Re:CoM's cutscenes were pre-rendered, but I always figured that they didn't really see it as an issue at first because they probably didn't intend on ever releasing it internationally during development.

trmas

Banned
I loved this game when it first came out. I will buy this for sure when it comes down in price for nostalgia reasons alone

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari, please let us know ASAP if there are still transparency problems with some spell effects (especially in Chan of Memories, which looked like it had much worse issues in that early trailer).

Also, let us know whether you actually do somehow gain access to magic early in the game.

I'll let you know~

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Glad they're putting out a box. I would have bought Okami early on if it had a physical form but since it's digital only in NA, I'm just like 'eh ill get to it eventually'

and no I don't want to pay the extra to import. Maybe when it's cheaper.

Seda

I just remembered reading this thread of the White Mushroom bastards...
I don't want to have to go through that again...

You mean getting them to show up? Usually they seem to appear relatively often for me, with the exception of the ones in Atlantica. Damn those guys.

I almost always got the White Mushrooms to spawn in the camp area of Deep Jungle.

And I always went to Neverland for Rare Truffle spawns.

Shahed

Looks good. Quite looking forward to this, especially since it'll be my first foray into Chains of Memories and Days. Might help me undertand the story a bit better.

Andrew.

Banned
Wait....so...is the original Kingdom Hearts on this or KH2? Or is it just the Chain of Memories and that 368/2 or whatever its called?

Sakujou

Banned
which games are included?

still confused because some people say, its just kh1+cutscenes of 358/2days and chain of memories.

is this true? so no chain of memories as the gba or ps2 version?

and is this 60fps?

I thought ReCOM had pretty poor gameplay and the Disney worlds were awful, but I did enjoy the stuff that happened in the inbetween floors since it had voice acting and org members.

I'm also worried about that platinum trophy...

RPGCrazied

Love the cover art and disc art, hope that stays intact. Do you have to totally go to the xbm if you want to switch games? I hate that on these HD collections, they can't add some sort of quit to title game select screen. This only has 2 games, so its not much of an issue, but still.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Love the cover art and disc art, hope that stays intact. Do you have to totally go to the xbm if you want to switch games? I hate that on these HD collections, they can't add some sort of quit to title game select screen. This only has 2 games, so its not much of an issue, but still.

I don't think so.

RPGCrazied

Anyone know where I can find the Japanese cover art to use for my desktop wallpaper? Don't think there is a big size for that, but figured I'd ask again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I knew we had to watch sea salt icecream licking 100 times for a trophy in 358/2 Days.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks, but that image is really huge. It either doesn't fit, has black bars on both sides or its really stretched looking. Of course my resolution is 1680x1050

Can you edit it in a photo editing program? If not I can do it for you later today.

Top Bottom