• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Wasn't really expecting a quick platinum with KH1 but that no continue thing looks pretty brutal...

I dunno why people say this. The Final Mix Beginner difficulty is apparently piss easy and you get these at the start of the game:

- Sora starts the game with a Ribbon, an EXP Necklace, 8 Power Ups, 8 Guard Ups
and 4 AP Ups.
- The Drill Gummi's Attack Power is 9,999. (It's usually 35.)

Exentryk

If I can get all these achievements in one playthrough, I'll go for the Platinum. If it requires two or more, forget it.

If I can get all these achievements in one playthrough, I'll go for the Platinum. If it requires two or more, forget it.

I guess it is possible on 1 playthrough but you'd had to be very good in the game. You'd need to play on Proud Mode, on standard equipment and reach the end in 15 hours without using continue so no time for much grinding.

2 playthroughs are recommended. 1 speedrun with Beginner mode where you have much easier time not dying.

Honestly now that I think about it the no continues doesn't sound that bad. KH is very generous when you can save.

IMO it wouldn't be that enjoyable doing it all in one run. I'll do one Proud mode 100% completion and afterwards a beginner mode speedrun.

F4r0_Atak

Why does Square Enix make us wait this long? I thought the English voice-overs were already done... wait, nevermind. They have to translate the shit out of these games even the 358/2 movie. XD

Ah! There is a speedrun trophy! That is not ideal on the same run I guess. The rest seems doable though.

Give yourself a challenge... I know I'll be trying to, at least. Have already finished the game multiple times. How about a Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King HD remake for PS3 or PS4? What do you think Square Enix?

botty

Banned
Uh, what's with Sora having magic and dodge roll on DI? I saw it in a video the other day, but forgot to question it.

Uh, what's with Sora having magic and dodge roll on DI? I saw it in a video the other day, but forgot to question it.
People were saying "just a demo," but that seems weird to me. Why put together a demo build of an HD port? Seems like undue effort to me.

I'm hoping there are still some changes and addition to the games that we haven't heard about.

Exentryk

Give yourself a challenge... I know I'll be trying to, at least.

I would, but the speed run goes against my enjoyment of the newly created HD visuals, which is my primary reason to replay the game. After finishing it once with all other trophies, a quick speed run on easy be the way to go.

It's been a while since I last played KH, so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you level up by fighting Tidus and co? Keep doing it until you have those abilities. I have read people levelling in DI till level 30-50 for some crazy reason.

I would, but the speed run goes against my enjoyment of the newly created HD visuals, which is my primary reason to replay the game. After finishing it once with all other trophies, a quick speed run on easy be the way to go.

It's been a while since I last played KH, so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you level up by fighting Tidus and co? Keep doing it until you have those abilities. I have read people levelling in DI till level 30-50 for some crazy reason.
You gain magic+dodge roll from story events.

Some of those trophies I'll probably never obtain, since I couldn't even do those objectives back on the original PS2 version. :(

Still, that's a lot of trophies! I can't wait to buy it when it's released here.

I didn't know they didn't cap it while you were there. I did grind a bit to get the lock-on(scan?).

Final Mix beginner difficulty? So they made the easy mode easier in the final mix version?

There wasn't easy difficulty in the western version, only standard and expert. Final Mix has 3 difficulties: Final Mix Beginner (new easy difficulty), Final Mix (slightly easier than old standard difficulty) and Final Mix Proud (slightly harder than old expert difficulty).

There's a stream in progress right now (Not sure if I'm allowed to link it)

You can skip scenes in KH1 at any time (instead of having to view the scene at least one time first) and the music's been remastered.

Soriku

I figured it was some weird joke. She's tweeting normally and I think we would have heard about it.

I just wasnt sure why that would be the content of a joke though.

Shhh Shut up!

Is it weird that I knew Narolf made up that lie?

Tsunamo

Wow, the game looks fantastic in HD!
Cerberus... had the hardest time with him when I first played long ago.
Ditto, took me a long time to beat when I was younger. It's not too hard once you've got the pattern down and are at a decent level though.

Narolf

Banned
There's a stream here : (pretty sure links to streams is fine) http://www.twitch.tv/leta_jp/

He's been having a lot of trouble with Cerberus.
smiley12.gif

Thanks for pulling me out of this, veneer was about to peel off.

Bladenic

Hold up, I had no idea the music would be remastered for this release. HYPED!

And yeah he's getting owned by Cerberus. He doesn't seem to have any healing items and no Cure yet. I remember struggling so much with Cerberus on my first playthrough when I was like 10 or whatever.

Game looks great though. Wish we didn't have to wait until the fall.

Edit: and those Gummi sections.. didn't miss those haha.

Seda

This guy seriously needs some potions.

Yeah. Especially on Proud before you get Cure from Deep Jungle. Cerberus and Stealth Sneak are definitely difficult if you don't have healing magic and refuse to heal using consumables.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hold up, I had no idea the music would be remastered for this release. HYPED!

And yeah he's getting owned by Cerberus. He doesn't seem to have any healing items and no Cure yet. I remember struggling so much with Cerberus on my first playthrough when I was like 10 or whatever.

Yeah, they really went all out.

SykoTech

You can skip scenes in KH1 at any time (instead of having to view the scene at least one time first) and the music's been remastered.

Very nice.

Kinda weird that one of the games I'm hyped for the most this Fall is an HD Collection, but it is.

Will be even moreso with 2.D ReMIX next year, especially if Birth by Sleep is included (it better be).

raven777

Anyone who watched the stream from the beginning....how does the opening FMV CG look? I wish they somehow upscaled that as well...

Reveirg

There's a stream in progress right now (Not sure if I'm allowed to link it)

Wow, that's some great news. I guess they could use whichever samples they wanted and stream the music as opposed to the original KH using the PS2's sound chip.

I can't listen to the stream just yet, does it sound like there is some live instrument recording too?

Narolf

Banned
Wow, that's some great news. I guess they could use whichever samples they wanted and stream the music as opposed to the original KH using the PS2's sound chip.

I can't listen to the stream just yet, does it sound like there is some live instrument recording too?
All I hear are loud noises, but that must be because of my poor connection. Guess those remasters include actual instruments rather than mere synthesizers.

Galang

Banned
No way..The music is remastered too? Everyday I'm finding out something completely different. I somewhat dismissed the game because I expected a simple upgrade, but seems they actually did a really great job here.

Narolf

Banned
No way..The music is remastered too? Everyday I'm finding out something completely different. I somewhat dismissed the game because I expected a simple upgrade, but seems they actually did a really great job here.
Seems like SE has finally found the path of redemption...

I think at some point this year Square Enix will appease some people - including myself - who have become disenchanted with the mainline series over the past generation. FFXIV is just the first step.

FFX is the second step.

... and it isn't even one of those steps.

Top Bottom