• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Azuran

Banned
I just guilted my Namine. 40%... I'll just put it next to my 40% Alice...

This is why I haven't guilted my Larxene B yet... Especially since my Larxene A is sitting at 52%...

I'm too scared to guilt my Master Xehanort now...

I personally wouldn't guilt epics right now unless you get another copy or are willing to spend mirrors on it. The risk is just too great especially when we know now guilting campaigns are a thing. Getting 7 epics in the first place is already bad enough as it is.

I have TR Sora, Antiform Sora, Final Form Sora, Zack and Larxene B all ready to be guilted. The temptation is strong but then I remember getting 41% on my Marluxia B and I stop thinking about it for a while.

deanote666

The last guilting event was in celebration of a holiday though and we ran out of holidays for awhile.

It was either guilt or buy a bunch of storage upgrades.

I'm thinking of going all in on upgrading Starlight. I beat all the Adamantite quests, and I heard that a high-level Starlight is actually amazing. What do you guys think?

deanote666

I'm thinking of going all in on upgrading Starlight. I beat all the Adamantite quests, and I heard that a high-level Starlight is actually amazing. What do you guys think?

Level 25 has 1.6 blue/2.35 upright blue, 1.6 green/2.0 upright green, 1.6 red/2.3 reversed red, 1.6 green, 2.3 upright green, 1.6 blue/2.1 upgright blue.

If you have the medals to fill it with, go for it.

CRS

It's an amazing medal if you have a strong upright Speed and Magic medal. I'm currently upgrading it after I got my Divine Rose to 30.

deanote666

Valentine's is the next big event when they'll finally show us how much they love our wallets.

^ fixed your post, lol.

I think I've only gotten 2-3 of the advertised medals outside of a mercy pull...

I did get a boss marluxia from the 3000 jewels given today from the casual roxas pull.

What are good medals to put an APP and an ATII + APP boost on? I have a Larxene A I absolutely love that has ATII on it already and I was told to do "low gague AOE Medals"

Azuran

Banned
What are good medals to put an APP and an ATII + APP boost on? I have a Larxene A I absolutely love that has ATII on it already and I was told to do "low gague AOE Medals"

I put APP on buff medals that I'll probably never guilt anytime soon. Stuff like HD Sora and Illustrated Xion are great with it. The Musketeers and Captain Hook are also another great choice for ABII + APP if you have them.

c-murph

and an improved VIP quest.

Condensing all of the Upgrade Your Medal quests into one?

Oh, that would be nice. I just spent the entire day leveling and combining my medals becuase the 0AP just came back at the tail end of the VIP quests.

mstevens

So... I got this game on a whim and feeling a little lost. I mean, things are pretty linear I know but I hope I'm doing things right. So far I don't have any materials to upgrade my medals to the next star, so I'm just leveling them to max level and going through the story missions. On mission 29 so far.

My best medal is a 3 star KH II King Mickey. Everything else is 2 star or less.

I have 4000 medals, but I'm kinda waiting to see what banners come up next.

Is there anything I should be doing besides just going through the story missions? Nothing has really been two hard so far besides 1 shotting the first invisible in Agrabah.

Anything else I should be thinking about/know? (Don't really understand the avatar coin thing.. Do I need to pick an outfit that I like and level it?)

Malyse

Valentine's is the next big event when they'll finally show us how much they love us.

Valentine's will let me get my favorite outfit again.

KWzEKQC.png

Azuran

Banned
So... I got this game on a whim and feeling a little lost. I mean, things are pretty linear I know but I hope I'm doing things right. So far I don't have any materials to upgrade my medals to the next star, so I'm just leveling them to max level and going through the story missions. On mission 29 so far.

My best medal is a 3 star KH II King Mickey. Everything else is 2 star or less.

I have 4000 medals, but I'm kinda waiting to see what banners come up next.

Is there anything I should be doing besides just going through the story missions? Nothing has really been two hard so far besides 1 shotting the first invisible in Agrabah.

Anything else I should be thinking about/know? (Don't really understand the avatar coin thing.. Do I need to pick an outfit that I like and level it?)

I would go through the story until you get the bracelet that allows you to guilt medals. I don't remember the mission number but it's around the current halfway point. Also, don't worry much about upgrading your current keyblade. You get better ones throughout the story so you should be saving your upgrade materials for those. The Olympia Keyblade which you get in the Olympus Coliseum will be your best keyblade for a long time so try upgrading that one once you get it.

Also, use all of your current jewels on all of these premium avatar boards while they're discounted:

They're essential because they allow you to equip 6* medals which have a higher capacity cost. You need them all if you want to have a keyblade full of the strongest medals in the game once you get to that point.

Avatar coins are needed to unlock nodes in avatar boards, which are important because some of them provide the only way to increase your AP and HP. Don't worry about getting all of the outfits parts at first or you risk running out of coins.

Most of all, have fun. The beginning of this game can be pretty slow since there's not much you can do except upgrading medals, gathering meterials and running through the story. However, it should start picking up once you gather enough jewels to start pulling better medals. That will then allow you to take part in events, special quests and the Coliseum.

mstevens

I would go through the story until you get the bracelet that allows you to guilt medals. I don't remember the mission number but it's around the current halfway point. Also, don't worry much about upgrading your current keyblade. You get better ones throughout the story so you should be saving your upgrade materials for those. The Olympia Keyblade which you get in the Olympus Coliseum will be your best keyblade for a long time so try upgrading that one once you get it.

Also, use all of your current jewels on all of these premium avatar boards while they're discounted:

They're essential because they allow you to equip 6* medals which have a higher capacity cost. You need them all if you want to have a keyblade full of the strongest medals in the game once you get to that point.

Avatar coins are needed to unlock nodes in avatar boards, which are important because some of them provide the only way to increase your AP and HP. Don't worry about getting all of the outfits parts at first or you risk running out of coins.

Most of all, have fun. The beginning of this game can be pretty slow since there's not much you can do except upgrading medals, gathering meterials and running through the story. However, it should start picking up once you gather enough jewels to start pulling better medals. That will then allow you to take part in events, special quests and the Coliseum.

Thanks!

So.. I just need to buy those outfits with jewels, but I don't need to wear them correct?

Two more quick questions. Should I save jewels for a future banner (any in particular) or pull 10 at a time now if I have the jewels? And, is it normal that I haven't really upgraded any medals beyond leveling with Huey, Dewey and Louie? I feel like I'm only marginally more powerful than I was during mission 1 and I'm on mission 30 now.

CRS

Thanks!

So.. I just need to buy those outfits with jewels, but I don't need to wear them correct?

Correct. When you buy/get Avatar Boards, you can unlock various "nodes" that contain avatar pieces, AP, HP, (Keyblade) Cost, Skills, EXP medals, and all sorts of useful items.

mstevens

Correct. When you buy/get Avatar Boards, you can unlock various "nodes" that contain avatar pieces, AP, HP, (Keyblade) Cost, Skills, EXP medals, and all sorts of useful items.

Okay. You may have clarified this, but to be clear... Let's say I buy the Mad Hater avatar board and I unlock an HP upgrade node or something. Will that be applied to my character even if I'm wearing a different hat or outfit? Any node types I should focus on unlocking first?

Okay. You may have clarified this, but to be clear... Let's say I buy the Mad Hater avatar board and I unlock an HP upgrade node or something. Will that be applied to my character even if I'm wearing a different hat or outfit? Any node types I should focus on unlocking first?

Yes.

Um...HP and AP. You probably won't need Cost until you start getting 6 Star medals.

Azuran

Banned
Thanks!

Two more quick questions. Should I save jewels for a future banner (any in particular) or pull 10 at a time now if I have the jewels? And, is it normal that I haven't really upgraded any medals beyond leveling with Huey, Dewey and Louie? I feel like I'm only marginally more powerful than I was during mission 1 and I'm on mission 30 now.

Since you're just beginning, any of the current banners would be great since they all have epic medals, which are the second best tier in the game right now.

I would recommend against pulling until you know what you're doing thought. There's always decent banners every week or so so there's no need to rush. At the beginning, most of the stuff you get from pulls is going to be helpful so you don't have to be picky.

mstevens

Since you're just beginning, any of the current banners would be great since they all have epic medals, which are the second best tier in the game right now.

I would recommend against pulling until you know what you're doing thought. There's always decent banners every week or so so there's no need to rush. At the beginning, most of the stuff you get from pulls is going to be helpful so you don't have to be picky.

Okay. Buying all those avatar boards brought me under 3k medals anyway, so I'll hold off on pulling and just keep doing missions.

Grieves

Don't forget to evolve your medals when you have levelled them up. Evolve medals events are only available on certain days.

It helps greatly if you can get in an active party.

Sölf

And, is it normal that I haven't really upgraded any medals beyond leveling with Huey, Dewey and Louie? I feel like I'm only marginally more powerful than I was during mission 1 and I'm on mission 30 now.

You can evolve your medals once they reach max level. In order to evolve them you need special evolve medals which you can get from Special Quests on the weekend. Friday has 1* to 3* Evolve Medals, Saturday and Sunday have 4* and 5* Evolve Medals. Special quests change daily and I recommend doing everyone at least once for the rewards you can get (but you will farm these quests often enough later on).

Famassu

As to what medals to focus on, don't put all that much effort into farmable medals (medals you can get as random drops from normal quests) past the beginning. Use a guide like this one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RGkrW28UeGijU1ZT-d1fA3qyMghW1WhqmuaOj00WBvw/pubhtml#

It has medal rankings. While I don't feel all of their rankings are quite right, you can use it to get a rough idea of what medals are good and what are trash. Anytime you pull new medals, check out which ones of those medals are the best and start focusing your level upping efforst on the highest ranked medals first. Once you understand the game better and know your weaknesses, you might occasionally want to focus on some weaker medal if it's more useful to you than a medal ranked higher (i.e. if you lack AOE medals and get a good AOE medal that is ranked lower than some single target medal you get, it might still be wiser to focuse on the AOE medal first if you already have plenty of good single target medals)

Also, you don't need to rush with evolving medals to 6* at first. You can't use them early on in the game because the cost of equipping them is so high. You'll get more cost from your character's level ups (that unlock new free avatar boards that have Cost nodes) and you'll start getting special Cid medals from the Coliseum and quests. Those can lower the cost of 6* medals by 10 at most. You can't equip all 6* medals until you reach lvl 200 (or somewhere along that level) with your character. That'll take some time, so be careful of what medals you evolve to 6*, otherwise you might lock away some good medals you have from usage until your max cost limit is high enough or you've gotten enough cost-lowering Cids.

The key to making youself stronger in this game is dependent on many parts coming together. Just leveling up medals won't do all that much in the long run. Basically

1) leveling & evolving medals raises the STR & DEF of the medal but the limitations of that come up fairly quickly since it's pretty quick to reach max lvl
2) leveling up keyblades opens up more medal slots and increases the multipliers of the medal slots. Being able to equip more medals is of course integral to being able to deal more damage during a single turn and once you've unlocked all slots and get to the point where you can level up the keyblades to higher levels you can have multipliers over 2.50x, which of course mean a massive increase in damage output
3) there are special level up medals (Chip & Dale medals) in addition to the normal EXP & Evolve medals that can boost up the STR & DEF of medals over their max base STR & DEF (by up to +1000 with 6* medals, the ceiling is lower with lower * medals). You get these from some avatar boards, limited time event quests and Coliseum
4) there are self-buff and enemy-debuff medals that will strengthen your attacks and lower your enemies defenses for a turn or even two with some rarer medals

So leveling up medals is really just one part of getting stronger. Just leveling up isn't enough. If you don't get some decent buff or debuff medals that can be a bit limiting in the long run since there are some quests that pretty much rely on players having certain medals that can remove enemy buffs or debuffs from you. By Story Quest 30, you're really just a huge weakling still. :p

I'm feeling like I can't beat any of the advanced content because I missed out on Meowjesty. Please tell me that thing is going to come back soon.

Dream Drop Distance is coming out this month so maybe.

If it doesn't I'm afraid I'll have to end up dropping the game, because any of these HSC's and Keyblade events past the first 2-3 I just cannot touch. Don't even get me started on the first Moogle O' Glory quest.

Famassu

I'm feeling like I can't beat any of the advanced content because I missed out on Meowjesty. Please tell me that thing is going to come back soon.
I didn't miss out on Meowjesty and I'm still having more or less problems with a lot of higher level quests, especially since Meowjesty is just one medal and of a particular attribute. It won't help much in non-power quests. There's no rush in being able to do most of those things. You'll miss out on (guilting) a few special event medals but you would have missed most of those even without Meowjesty.

I didn't miss out on Meowjesty and I'm still having more or less problems with a lot of higher level quests, especially since Meowjesty is just one medal and of a particular attribute. It won't help much in non-power quests. There's no rush in being able to do most of those things. You'll miss out on (guilting) a few special event medals but you would have missed most of those even without Meowjesty.

Well another of the big ones I missed was Jack and Sally, which apparently one of the most overpowered medals in the game. Especially considering it was a free medal.

Azuran

Banned
Well another of the big ones I missed was Jack and Sally, which apparently one of the most overpowered medals in the game. Especially considering it was a free medal.

With the way power creep works, I wouldn't worry much about missing medals. Xemnas B is probably being released this month and he should be a pretty good reverse power medal if you're missing that.

I missed Jack and Sally too and I'm doing fine so far.

Grieves

Yeah I missed out on J+S as well but these monthly org xiii events are helping to bridge the gap.

The classic goofy medal seems a bit crap, though

Psxphile

Finally!

A good Premium that hits everything and buffs. Keep 'em coming.

I'm one pull away from mercy iXion (I've just been pulling from that one with all these free jewels)... but the banner only lasts 2 more days. No way I'll amass enough jewels in time, should I bite the bullet and pay the $15 for the weekly unlock even though we're already two days in? Oh god, my convictions!

Azuran

Banned
Finally!

A good Premium that hits everything and buffs. Keep 'em coming.

I'm one pull away from mercy iXion (I've just been pulling from that one with all these free jewels)... but the banner only lasts 2 more days. No way I'll amass enough jewels in time, should I bite the bullet and pay the $15 for the weekly unlock even though we're already two days in? Oh god, my convictions!

iSora is amazing. He was my first premium and remains the best one in my rotation by far.

If it was me, I would pay the $15 if you're really close at getting another premium because it seems like such a shame to stop when you're so close to it. iXion's ability is exceptional and will make a huge difference in tougher fights. I really love mine so far and made it possible for me to beat a couple of MoG quests I was having trouble with before.

Famassu

Jack & Sally is a pretty great medal, but I feel it's a bit situational as far as it being overpowered and getting the most out of it goes. Good as a medal you have in most setups but at its best in (raid) bosses and some tougher quests with no 1-turn-completion objectives where its 2 turn buffs/debuffs can actually stack. All in all it's really not something which without one can't live. Might make some select quests a bit easier but overall if you just have good buffers otherwise, you're not completely screwed.

Psxphile

THE DARK DEED IS DONE

Not even 3-pipped. *cries*

And a conundrum: I now have a 6* 3-pipped Larxene A to go along with my current 6* 5-pipped Larxene A. What do? Seems like a waste to just merge them and lose those extra pips.

Skittles

THE DARK DEED IS DONE

And a conundrum: I now have a 6* 3-pipped Larxene A to go along with my current 6* 5-pipped Larxene A. What do? Seems like a waste to just merge them and lose those extra pips.
look at it this way. it's gonna get fused in there either way. even if you wait for a unpiped one, you're still gonna be holding onto the 3 piped one for no reason. unless you really want two larxene a's, which i doubt since we have larxene b now.

I actually held on to my 3-pipped Larxene A since I already have a 100% guilted one, and I have a 5* Larxene A waiting. Just need one more to get 5 avatar coins!

Unless you desperately need her guilted, I'd wait.

THE DARK DEED IS DONE

Xion, my dude? Should have at least dropped that money on Casual Roxas.

Ilvocare

Xion, my dude? Should have at least dropped that money on Casual Roxas.

I assume Psx did it because Xion was a deal literally available for 3 whole weeks. She'd be the absolute easiest to mercy pull in the entire game, without a contest. Roxas only came out less than a week ago, in comparison.

In other news, why is the notice on the home screen dumb

the 358/2 deals aren't ending today for shit, they still have tomorrow and the day after

What's the reigning Union right now? I played in the beginning and went unicornis. I want to be on the winning team.

You can go ahead to Vulpes if you need to be on the winning team but be aware that that only helps you if you put in a moderate amount of effort. Vulpes is winning because of their overwhelming numbers, which means more people to compete against in the rankings. I would suggest focusing more on getting into a competent party over the #1 union, IMO.

c-murph

You can go ahead to Vulpes if you need to be on the winning team but be aware that that only helps you if you put in a moderate amount of effort. Vulpes is winning because of their overwhelming numbers, which means more people to compete against in the rankings. I would suggest focusing more on getting into a competent party over the #1 union, IMO.

Whoa, does that mean if we all switch our party over to the fifth place union it would be way easier to get those Score Challenge Medals and Colosseum 2,500 rankings?

Ilvocare

Whoa, does that mean if we all switch our party over to the fifth place union it would be way easier to get those Score Challenge Medals and Colosseum 2,500 rankings?

No. HSC and Colosseum are global, across all unions. Rankings that are influenced by Union are just the Solo Rankings, as far as I can tell.

took me a minute to figure out if this was a joke or not, decided to go for the earnest response regardless

c-murph

No. HSC and Colosseum are global, across all unions. Rankings that are influenced by Union are just the Solo Rankings, as far as I can tell.

took me a minute to figure out if this was a joke or not, decided to go for the earnest response regardless

No. I honestly didn't know. lol Solo rankings generally don't offer much any ways.

Psxphile

Game is already out in NA so we should be getting these avatar parts soon-ish, maybe.

The little moogle-like character looks like she's on shrooms... or just ate a shitload of sugar.

Top Bottom