• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, enemies don't drop the medal in the Donald Event? You only get one medal for each 12 hour event? ...And that medal has a chance to be boosted?
The medals are just rare drops. Sometimes I would have to do it 5 times before I got another medal. I haven't gotten a boosted one yet though.

c-murph

The medals are just rare drops. Sometimes I would have to do it 5 times before I got another medal. I haven't gotten a boosted one yet though.

Thanks man. I ran it like 10 times before a seen another medal. Gunna suck trying to get a boosted. When is the 0AP over?

I guess boosted Donald is STR 7864, DEF 6988, DMG 1.87-3.49 for 2 gauges. Chip and Dale that up and that doesn't seem that bad at all.

Thanks man. I ran it like 10 times before a seen another medal. Gunna suck trying to get a boosted. When is the 0AP over?

I guess boosted Donald is STR 7864, DEF 6988, DMG 1.87-3.49 for 2 gauges. Chip and Dale that up and that doesn't seem that bad at all.

I think today, along with the guilting event at that so I'd definitely push for it. Don't forget the item drop perks, it really pushed up the number of drops from pointless to slightly miserable lol.

I think i'm gonna put ab2 max on mine and grind for a second just because.

c-murph

I think today, along with the guilting event at that so I'd definitely push for it. Don't forget the item drop perks, it really pushed up the number of drops from pointless to slightly miserable lol.

I think i'm gonna put ab2 max on mine and grind for a second just because.

Yeah, I have a series of glasses with the +3 drop, a couple necklaces with +3 and earring with a +6 for item drops. But i can't combine the glasses and necklace. Basically brings me to +9 item drop.

Edit: Fuck yeah! Boosted Donald! He dropped as a 6*.

Edit No.2: 95% Guilt!

Psxphile

Yeah, I think it was confirmed elsewhere that any 6* Donald you get as a drop WILL be boosted. I've yet to see anything that disputes that.

Azuran

Banned
I finally manage to get a boosted Donald after two hours. I got 94% which is great but I can't continue rerolling because I ran out of Merryweather medals :/

Well, I guess I'll stock up on Mickeys for Wednesday.

The boosted Classic Donald medal is by far the best free medal we've gotten since Meowjesty.

I hope event medals going forward will continue to get boosted versions.

Famassu

Free Donald Medal. Probably the strongest medal in my collection even at only +550 from Chips. Only 2 gauges. Just feels wrong seeing Donald top my medal list, lol.

I think I'm done spending money on this game, for the most part (will buy jewel packs if they do BF like deals outside BF). Just doesn't really feel like there's any sense being not-a-F2P-player-but-not-a-whale-either anymore no that I've gotten my medal collection to a certain point + with all these easily guiltable free medals being stronger than most of my premium medals (even guilted ones) and Brooms still eluding western shores. Since I don't go full-on whale on this thing + add my shitty luck to that, my medal collection isn't all that much above people who do not spend money on this game at all or do so extremely rarely. I've got a collection of some pretty good guilted medals that get me through most everything thrown at us at this point and pushing it to be anything more than that would require some serious €€€€€€ spendage because just 2 monthly extra pulls will not get me those guilted Super Epics. And at this point, a non-guilted medal is fairly worthless unless it's some so-strong-it-breaks-most-of-the-game buffer

Brooms might change my mind (however rare they'd be) because those can make even a single 10 medal pull more meaningful and they would actually mean I might be able to guilt a couple of super rare Epics during this century, so they wouldn't just sit there all nice & pretty in my medal collection screen while my free, guilted, almost-over-9000 STR Donald is actually in use wrecking shit up.

mstevens

Still feeling lost in this game regarding achievable goals to work toward in the beginning, but I'm doing a bit better. I saved up enough Jewels to pull once and here is what I got:

6 star Owl :(
6 star Rock Titan
5 star Xemnas
5 star KH CoM Black Coat Riku
5 star Xigbar
5 star Ice Titan
5 star Xaldin
5 star Timeless River Donald
5 star Vexan
5 star Ansem the Wise

and I just got two 5 star Classic Donalds from the event.

Who should I be leveling up and using? I don't know much about upgrading with Cid/Chip or whatever. Right now my plan is to just level those to their caps and keep going on with the quests. Anything else I should be aware of as I progress?

Ilvocare

it took 20 whole dolan duds before I got a super dolan stud

I gave him steroids and now he's at the top of the list

also I rolled him a couple

first time 77%, second time 87%, third time no change, fourth time straight 100%

feels good to nab it, and I have no interest in getting another boosted dolan, since there's no real PLACE to put another donald like him in the current keyblade setups I have without forsaking a buffer.

Azuran

Banned
I'm glad my best medals are reverse magic because that means there's no much need for me to get more than 2 of these.

Otherwise I would be loading my TW with 4 of these babies.

Psxphile

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

shit, I thought they'd be cycling between quests... must have misread it

will have to try to get the boosted dolan tomorrow morning

Famassu

Still feeling lost in this game regarding achievable goals to work toward in the beginning, but I'm doing a bit better. I saved up enough Jewels to pull once and here is what I got:

6 star Rock Titan
5 star Xemnas
5 star Xigbar
5 star Ice Titan
5 star Xaldin
5 star Vexan
5 star Ansem the Wise

Who should I be leveling up and using? I don't know much about upgrading with Cid/Chip or whatever. Right now my plan is to just level those to their caps and keep going on with the quests. Anything else I should be aware of as I progress?
Owl is pretty bad (though if you don't have any other medals with similar function, you might find use for it here and there) and Vexen might be the worst Org XIII medal unless I'm mixing him with someone else, but otherwise that is a pretty good pull. Ansem the Wise is pretty worthless since it only raises attack for its own special attack and the attack following it. But keep it around for leveling up Nova once you get to the point where you can guilt medals.

Xemnas is probably one of the strongest single target (power) medals in the game so you can't go wrong with leveling him up. Xaldin is a really strong medal as well. BC CoM Riku is a decent AOE magic medal and Timeless River Donald is a good magic single target medal. Both probably good medals for you still, so as far as magic medals, focus on those.

Rock & Ice Titan are a bit costly as far as Special Gauge usage goes, but they are really strong for AOE medals, so they are worth keeping in mind if you have some quest where you have difficulty defeating some group of enemies.

Xigbar is a really good medal once you guilt it. Before that it's not necessarily something you'll want to have in regular usage (unless you of course don't have anything better) and even after guilting he's best in quests that have (groups of) enemies that are of different attributes, since he has an attributeless special attack (which means that he doesn't get the extra-multiplier against Magic-enemies that Speed medals are normally strong against, but neither does it become weaker against Power enemies that it's weak against).

In short, these are worth focusing ASAP:

Xemnas
Black Coat Riku
Timeless River Donald
Xaldin
Xigbar

Owl, Vexen and Ansem the Wise are whatever, the Titans are strong but not medals you'll have in regular rotation.

Cids are only for use with 6* medals. They bring the Cost of (equipping) the medal down, which is important since 6* medals cost a lot to equip without any Cids spent (46 or 47). You can't have a keyblade with all 6* medals equipped if you don't spend Cids on them, even when you are leveled up enough to have Max Cost for your character. You can only use 10 Cids per medal, so that's -10 to their cost, at most.

Chips are ADDITIONAL Strength for any medal. The max amount STR you can give to medals with Chips is limited by the medals *-level. A 6* medal can have an additional +1000 STR given to it with Chips.

At the moment just focus on playing through story quests and leveling up the medals you have and check out the Events quests and do everything you can in those at the moment and just let everything else come as your understanding of the mechanics & medal system grows.

creid

shit, I thought they'd be cycling between quests... must have misread it

will have to try to get the boosted dolan tomorrow morning
GDI, just noticed this. Wanted to get mine done while the guilt boost is still going :( I swear the original wording of the Notice was different, it's now pretty clear that the mission will only be available for some 12-hour intervals during the event.

Azuran

Banned
GDI, just noticed this. Wanted to get mine done while the guilt boost is still going :( I swear the original wording of the Notice was different, it's now pretty clear that the mission will only be available for some 12-hour intervals during the event.

Honestly, it's not that bad since you can reroll as many times as you want. Sure, getting 46% the first time can be annoying but it shouldn't take long getting it to the 90s.

creid

Honestly, it's not that bad since you can reroll as many times as you want. Sure, getting 46% the first time can be annoying but it shouldn't take long getting it to the 90s.
Maybe so. I don't have much patience for this kind of grinding though, so I was hoping to do as few rerolls as possible.

Got a boosted Donald on my first try then after like an hour I had enough to guilt it. 90 percent on my first try. Not bad. Can't try anymore cuz I didn't stock up on stuff to evolve and level up. I'll probably just gather as many Donalds as I can and try a few times during the week and then Mirror it to 100.

Ilvocare

Rock & Ice Titan are a bit costly as far as Special Gauge usage goes, but they are really strong for AOE medals, so they are worth keeping in mind if you have some quest where you have difficulty defeating some group of enemies.

nitpicker master to the rescue

Rock Titan is single target, not AOE

Saix is Ice Titan's equivalent in terms of high-cost, high-damage AOE for power. Even if the two operate on slightly different rules.

Is AB3 good for Classic Donald? The other medals I can put it on are Meowjesty or Marluxia B since they're also 100% guilt, classic donald is replacing my Sora & Pals with AB2.
Also have AB2+Lux Plus & a seperate APP but I don't know who to put it on. Besides event medals & antiform sora none of my top tier medals are guilted.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3xHaWG2.jpg[/IMG]
Red tint is due to twilight app

Took me like 30-40 tries to get the boosted donald, just killed the non-target heartless if they didn't drop a gold item then I gave up rather than sitting through the end summary screen/.

Grieves

6 star Rock Titan
5 star Xemnas
5 star Xigbar
5 star Ice Titan
5 star Xaldin
5 star Vexan
5 star Ansem the Wise

Decent pull. Famassu summed it up pretty well.

I used rock titan for quite a while despite the heavy cost.

Don't forget to keep an eye on levelling keyblades. Starlight is crap but progessing through the story will get you better keyblades and levelling them up will give you more slots with bigger multipliers and more gauges.

Try and get a boosted Classic Donald out of the current event as it looks like it will be useful for a while and there will be another org xiii event starting on Friday.

Of course you are going to be slowed down now 0 AP is ending. Hope you have been getting AP nodes from avatar boards.

Is AB3 good for Classic Donald? The other medals I can put it on are Meowjesty or Marluxia B since they're also 100% guilt, classic donald is replacing my Sora & Pals with AB2.

I think Meowjesty is a better candidate for that since it is the strongest medal out of all of them.

You really can't go wrong here. It's completely up to you based on how your medals are set up.

Don't forget to keep an eye on levelling keyblades. Starlight is crap but progessing through the story will get you better keyblades and levelling them up will give you more slots with bigger multipliers and more gauges.

Poop. I've only been leveling up this keyblade. lol xD

mstevens

In short, these are worth focusing ASAP:

Xemnas
Black Coat Riku
Timeless River Donald
Xaldin
Xigbar

At the moment just focus on playing through story quests and leveling up the medals you have and check out the Events quests and do everything you can in those at the moment and just let everything else come as your understanding of the mechanics & medal system grows.

Thanks!!

Of course you are going to be slowed down now 0 AP is ending. Hope you have been getting AP nodes from avatar boards.

Ahh I was wondering why my AP wasn't going down. I should have played more to take advantage of it.

The raid notifications on my phone are driving me insane.
Can anyone tell me how to turn them off?

You're fine. You have infinite resources to level up every keyblade to +20.

Is 20 the max? If so I am close. My keyblade is pretty high. I have it at 17 atm.

It's only been playing for 5 days
And my current stats are:
-At quest 95.
-Level 17 keyblade.
-Level 138 (Freaking raid bosses leveled me up like crazy)
-Using only 5 and 6 medals (Been using level 5s ever since quest 10)
-Have over 1.2 million munny (what am I even supposed to do with this being leveling up medals?)
Almost have all the medal outfits unlocked as well (not doing fur coat one since it's really expensive, and doesn't give cost nodes)

And I really haven't even been playing that much.
I'd say that's pretty decent progress for not even a week yet right? lol

When I do quests, I just kinda rush to the target.
I figure I'll do the objectives later if I need the rewards.

Enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm still pretty new to mobile gaming, so it's nice that it's not really Pay to Win, like I was somewhat expecting.

The raid notifications on my phone are driving me insane.
Can anyone tell me how to turn them off?

Is 20 the max? If so I am close. My keyblade is pretty high. I have it at 17 atm.

First off, it's important for this month's weekends that you work with your party to bring the raid bosses to level 10, 20, 30, etc. Getting Chips & Dales is extremely important.

Also, +20 is the max you can go without using Adamantite, which are Special quest awards that are separated by day per Keyblade (although you're free to spend the Adamantite however you want). With Adamantite, your keyblade can go to +25. After that, you can increase your keyblade to +35 with the use of Power/Magic/Speed gems, which are given out from time to time.

At this point, it is possible to upgrade every keyblade to +25 with what is currently available, assuming you have the means to handle the Adamantite quests (along with the Moogle of Glory material quests).

Psxphile

For the record, you can turn off raid alerts in Settings under Other in the tab menu. 'Support Alerts' is the setting to change. That being said, if you're not helping your party out often enough you're going to find yourself getting kicked (especially in a Hardcore party where collecting Lux is a way of life).

Let's see what we're getting on Monday:

More Jewel quests, Magic Mirrors for VIP and the next new Chirithy Charm for getting a high Solo Ranking.
No World of FF events for us, I guess. *weep*

Hopefully starting next week we start getting the KH2.8 events. The two noteworthy ones were Japan's from a few months ago where you could combine three not-too-great medals into one decent one (all based on Dream Drop Distance), and the current KH2.8 event they just got where you can earn a Sora/Riku 3D combo medal.

C1rdDiaWQAQcbQs.png

First off, it's important for this month's weekends that you work with your party to bring the raid bosses to level 10, 20, 30, etc. Getting Chips & Dales is extremely important.
Is that a reward after Sunday or just raid board?
I feel like it didn't take me long to finish my raid board.

For the record, you can turn off raid alerts in Settings under Other in the tab menu. 'Support Alerts' is the setting to change. That being said, if you're not helping your party out often enough you're going to find yourself getting kicked (especially in a Hardcore party where collecting Lux is a way of life).
]

I'll make sure I'm on a lot during those days. I've actually done quite a bit this weekend.

But dear god, my phone making a notification noise for that game every 5 minutes was driving me insane.

If I could have it leave a notification but not make a noise I'd be more okay with it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is that a reward after Sunday or just raid board?
I feel like it didn't take me long to finish my raid board.
No, for levels 1-9 of a weekend raid boss you get raid coins as a reward for beating them. Beating a level 10 (20, 30, etc) boss you get a Chip and Dale medal instead.

Oh god this AP system sucks. lol
I shoulda done more quests earlier...

Soooooo how often are 0 AP events? :p

I might've leveled up too much above my current 'quest level' so now I can only do like 10ish quests a day maybe, since I won't get enough exp to level up to get more AP. lol

Psxphile

There was also a new Banner Pull announced:

C1tsxBZUcAEP4Nr.png

5 Medals for 1500 jewels, all AoE Epic (and up) medals.

Also, interesting note: the Daily Jewel Challenge will have Eggcognito Heartless in them as a rare enemy. You can use them to summon Raid bosses faster. Presumably each new quest will summon a different Raid Boss. Good if you want to farm Lux and earn the higher tier prizes from the Solo Ranking.

Not sure if it was/is the same for JP, but the VIP mirror quests are just 1 mirror per day, in case you were wondering.

Horrible. I put Cids above Magic Mirrors in usefulness and you can get 3 of those a day if you purchase the unlock.

EDIT: decided to pull the new banner, nothing too amazing though I got a 3-pip Cerberus and was able to guilt Musketeer Donald (82%).

Famassu

EDIT: decided to pull the new banner, nothing too amazing though I got a 3-pip Cerberus and was able to guilt Musketeer Donald (82%).
I don't feel like pulling anymore. -_- From the November/December 3-dotted deals I got such great 3-dotted medals as Cogsworth, Pooh, Belle, Alice, Cinderella, KHII Kairi, Megara and Jasmine. All the best, y'know.

Psxphile

Donald quest when?
Pops whenever it damn feels like it. It's going to be one of those quests. Also, I'm wondering if it's universal for everyone or, in a similar method to the Munny Quests, it'll show up at different times at a per-party basis.

I don't feel like pulling anymore. -_- From the November/December 3-dotted deals I got such great 3-dotted medals as Cogsworth, Pooh, Belle, Alice, Cinderella, KHII Kairi, Megara and Jasmine. All the best, y'know.

I hear ya. If not the for the Nova bonus pips/guilt on support medals would be a waste. I have a 6* guilted Megara I can't do a damn thing with.

Psxphile

So, are we not getting another Donald today?

"The event quests will only open for 12-hour intervals multiple times during the event period."

Nothing about "guaranteed available everyday at some point". They can literally have the next "opening" 12 hours before the event is scheduled to end and they would have fulfilled the criteria they set.

Famassu

Are you lacking in the AOE medal front? If so, then maybe think about pulling the 1500 jewel pull once or twice (I think that's all AOE medals with one having 3 dots). Otherwise I'd save jewels and wait for something a bit more special.

Is belle a good medal for poison+? I have a 5* with poison, but pulled a 6* with 3 dots so was thinking of putting that on her and using the 6* when I need a poison proc in colliseum, I have a guilt Ed antiform Sora but he's a single target so belle gets used more atm
I think Meowjesty is a better candidate for that since it is the strongest medal out of all of them.

You really can't go wrong here. It's completely up to you based on how your medals are set up.

Thanks, that's what I'll do then.

Burbeting

Banned
What story quest us the most recent? I put this game on hiatus when it was at mission 500, kinda want to go back, but not fond of the BS medal economy waiting.

Top Bottom