• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Pretty new to the game. So I had a couple questions if people could answer.

1) One of the 'friend' Illustrated Xion medals had a different song (Xion theme) when clicking on it. Do a lot of medals do this?

2) I have a Xion that sparkles, what do the sparkles me? Also for some reason I can't sell it (Although I Wouldn't want to, but just wondering why can't I. Same with a starting Mickey medal.)

3) Any tips in general? Like Noob traps, shoulds and should nots?

I feel like the free 3k(that let me buy 10 great medals) I got PLUS my friendly group medals, have made me extremely powerful in the beginning of the game.
Only level 19 and I can destroy the level 50 enemies in the daily things. Can almost beat the level 120 enemies as well.
Still only fighting level 7 creatures in the main story. lol

Grieves

No, I think only one other medal changes the theme tune.

The sparkles means it is your shared medal.

Use the special quests on tue / wed / thu to get experience for your medals and evolve medals fri-sun to get them to the next level.

Sounds like you have a decent haul of medals already. Level up your keyblades when you can and spend avatar coins on avatar boards to increase your cost limit / hp / ap.

The collusium can give useful bonuses. You should check in at least once a month. If you get chips / dales put them on your most powerful medals for strength / defence increase.

Azuran

Banned
Pretty new to the game. So I had a couple questions if people could answer.

1) One of the 'friend' Illustrated Xion medals had a different song (Xion theme) when clicking on it. Do a lot of medals do this?

2) I have a Xion that sparkles, what do the sparkles me? Also for some reason I can't sell it (Although I Wouldn't want to, but just wondering why can't I. Same with a starting Mickey medal.)

3) Any tips in general? Like Noob traps, shoulds and should nots?

I feel like the free 3k(that let me buy 10 great medals) I got PLUS my friendly group medals, have made me extremely powerful in the beginning of the game.
Only level 19 and I can destroy the level 50 enemies in the daily things. Can almost beat the level 120 enemies as well.
Still only fighting level 7 creatures in the main story. lol

Buy as many of these premium avatars boards as you can while they're discounted:

ZWDgUAP.png

You'll be extremely glad that you did once you start using 6* medals.

No, I think only one other medal changes the theme tune.

The sparkles means it is your shared medal.

Use the special quests on tue / wed / thu to get experience for your medals and evolve medals fri-sun to get them to the next level.

Sounds like you have a decent haul of medals already. Level up your keyblades when you can and spend avatar coins on avatar boards to increase your cost limit / hp / ap.

The collusium can give useful bonuses. You should check in at least once a month. If you get chips / dales put them on your most powerful medals for strength / defence increase.

Which other one is that?

Thanks for all the tips! will be sure to use them all.

Buy as many of these premium avatars boards as you can while they're discounted:

You'll be extremely glad that you did once you start using 6* medals.

Shoot. Thanks for the heads up! When does this end?
Wanted to buy another 3k pack with the medals I earned.. but maybe not I guess. lol

Psxphile

C1eP9bDVQAAOpV1.jpg

Neat. I really need more chipmunks to top off my newer medals.
EDIT: hm, this one's different. All of the score medals are buffs and debuffs, and every one is worth 10%. Only two ranks to worry about, 1-50000 and beyond, tier prizes are just the usual Magic Mirrors, Cids, Munny Moogles, etc.

Due to the End-of-Year tallies, everybody in their respective Unions get bonus jewels based on their Union's standing.

creid

Casual Roxas seems like a really good combo with Marluxia B, and I have more than enough jewels for 5 10-pulls. Should I go for it?

Are these up to date?
http://unchainedx.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rare_Medals
https://kingdomheartsunchained.com/medal/medal-tier-list/

If they are, I have a lot more rare and good medals than I thought.

Although some of the top tier medals suck. I have final form Sora and lose 3/4 of my health using his ability.
Not sure why he's so high, but I'm still new, so maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT:
Oh found this as well
http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Category:Super_Rare_Medals

I guess Rare medals really aren't that rare, but supesr rare are the things you can only unlock during the pack event things?

Psxphile

All medals fall into certain cliques.

Farmables - medals that can be found as drops from enemies. Plentiful but certainly outclassed by most medals. Almost all exclusively Tier 1 Special Attack Bonus (or "guilt" as we call it). Used to be available in Banner pulls mucking things up but that ended some time ago.

Event Medals - medals that are available only for a limited time. Can sometimes be farmed, sometimes not. Includes medals won from High Score events, medals gained from buying Avatar boards and gift medals. Lots of good medals fall into this lineup (Marluxia B, Jack and Sally).

Banner Pull - medals you can only get from pulling by using jewels. There are three tiers: regular medals, Epics ("Rare Medals"), and Premiums (Super-Rare Medals). Currently the banners have been pushing "All Epic" pulls so that's probably why there seems to be more "rare" medals around these days. Premiums and Epics can also be won from the 1 and 3 pull banners but your chances are pretty small. And unlike JP KHux, all Premiums are available to be pulled once introduced into the pool.

Of those three links you posted, the KHUx wiki is probably the most updated and informative.

Azuran

Banned
Are these up to date?

Although some of the top tier medals suck. I have final form Sora and lose 3/4 of my health using his ability.

EDIT:
Oh found this as well

I guess Rare medals really aren't that rare, but supesr rare are the things you can only unlock during the pack event things?

You have a lot of epics (rare) medals because the current banner only gives you those. A couple of months ago you were lucky to get more than half of those during a pull.

I wouldn't pay much attention to tier list when it comes to the middle tier medals. Some like Namine and Alice are worthless the majority of the time, but they have specific niches that makes them invaluable when you really need them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RGkrW28UeGijU1ZT-d1fA3qyMghW1WhqmuaOj00WBvw/pubhtml#

This is probably the best rankings because they're up to date, but always keep in mind that there's a lot of factors at play such as cost, guilt %, skills, and actual modifiers. For example, a guilted Hades is better than non-pipped Demyx despite being lower on the list.

Final Form Sora is good because it's an AOE medal with a really high multiplier, which are really rare. However, you're only supposed to use it when you want to nuke stuff you are sure you're going to take down in one turn. Therefore, it pairs up wells with buffing medals such as iKairi and Maleficent. It's a niche medal that's only good under the right conditions.

Famassu

Are these up to date?

EDIT:
Oh found this as well

The game usually tries to have some semblence of balance to its medals. So if a medal is strong, it has some downside to it. So for example, Final Form Sora is a relatively strong AOE medal for one that has a special attack that only costs 1 gauges and has a max-guilt of 100%. That's why they added the effect of draining your HP when you use its special attack.

Another example would be Ice Titan. Reeeeeally high damage multiplier for an AOE medal, but it costs 4 gauges to use, so you can't just constantly obliterate everything with it.

Man I must be lucky then I have a lot of good medals so early.
Master Xehanort x2 at lvl 6(and one level 5. lol...), Xion lvl 6, Ice Titan lv l5, Musketeer Mickey lvl 5, Lexaeus lvl5 (who imo isn't that great but maybe because I haven't gave him enough exp), Crocodile lvl 5, Timeless River Goofy lvl 5, Saix lvl 5.

Personally I like Lumiere a lot, but he isn't really that high on the list.

Also another question, is everything supposed to be 0 AP right now? I haven't used any at all for some reason the past couple days.

Azuran

Banned
Master Xehanort x2 at lvl 6(and one level 5. lol...), Xion lvl 6, Ice Titan lv l5, Musketeer Mickey lvl 5, Lexaeus lvl5 (who imo isn't that great but maybe because I haven't gave him enough exp), Crocodile lvl 5, Timeless River Goofy lvl 5, Saix lvl 5.

Also another question, is everything supposed to be 0 AP right now? I haven't used any at all for some reason the past couple days.

Lucky. You can guilt Master Xehanort as soon as you get the bracelet halfway through the story. Crazy expensive to use but he hits really damn hard.

Most medals are meh at 5* but become good at 6* since their multipliers and number of hits increase. Lexaeus is a beast if you're lucky enough to manage to guilt him.

And yeah, 0 AP is going on right now so play as much as your heart desires.

Remember to beat quest 200 before combining Master Xehanort to guilt him!

Try to get there before the weekend is up while the 0 AP event is going on. We also have a guilt bonus time going on that you should take advantage of.

Psxphile

The crossover event you've been waiting for, Pokemon's Diancie comes to KHUX!

C1iiSL4VIAApQkb.jpg:large

well, kinda

Also, Sunday we'll be getting the Donald birthday event (another medal to max guilt) and apparently we should "eggspect" something for Monday.

Try to get there before the weekend is up while the 0 AP event is going on. We also have a guilt bonus time going on that you should take advantage of.

That's already over.

Ilvocare

well, kinda

Also, Sunday we'll be getting the Donald birthday event (another medal to max guilt) and apparently we should "eggspect" something for Monday.

but the new deal

is there no new medal pull deal for the weekend or am I crazy

That's already over.

But the notice says the campaign lasts until the end of Sunday! Along with the VIP and Munny/double EXP thingy.

Psxphile

but the new deal

is there no new medal pull deal for the weekend or am I crazy
They haven't announced anything so far.

But the notice says the campaign lasts until the end of Sunday! Along with the VIP and Munny/double EXP thingy.

Was it? I merged my Larxene As in the morning to guilt and there was no window that said the bonus was in effect like before. I mean, I still got 71% but there's no way of knowing it was because of the bonus.

Was it? I merged my Larxene As in the morning to guilt and there was no window that said the bonus was in effect like before. I mean, I still got 71% but there's no way of knowing it was because of the bonus.

Yep it's still going! I have 99% on Classic Goofy so the notice keeps popping up when I endlessly guilt.

Ilvocare

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yep it's still going! I have 99% on Classic Goofy so the notice keeps popping up when I endlessly guilt.

well there you have it

Also I checked the level up menu, it's all still there. The special messages, I mean.

Thank fuck for the Daily Jewel Quest having a magic mirror as a reward. 3 million munnies and countless EXP medals later and Goofy is finally 100%. Time to cry in a few days when it's Donald's turn.

Psxphile

Hm, no note for it but the game updated the 10-pull banner into a generic All-Epics pull w/ the usual 2 6*s w/ 3 pips. There's a picture of iSora but doubtful there's a mercy 5th/10th pull for it. No new medals to boot, so save your jewels for now I guess.

Azuran

Banned
It's nice to know the all epics deal is going to be a regular thing now. It's no brooms but at least you won't be getting much crap from now on if you decide to pull.

Fauve

Are there any mercy pulls in the future to look out for? I have 9K jewels right now and thinking of saving up to 15k if the 5 pull guarantee is permanent.

Azuran

Banned
Are there any mercy pulls in the future to look out for? I have 9K jewels right now and thinking of saving up to 15k if the 5 pull guarantee is permanent.

Illustrated KH2 Kairi is the next big one but that's going to be a while from now. Who knows what's coming next.

Fauve

Illustrated KH2 Kairi is the next big one but that's going to be a while from now. Who knows what's coming next.

Oh wow, just looked her up and she looks amazing. I couldn't save up enough for the KH1 version (more like couldn't resist temptation to pull XD), so hopefully I'll have enough by the time this one comes out. Thanks.

Sölf

well, kinda

This boss is totally strange. He looses HP each level. At level 7 he doesn't even have 1,7 million, he starts with the regular 3 million at level 1. The fuck.

Skittles

I'm liking the changes we're getting to some things in US. all epics will be a thing going forward, its easier to grt to lvl 10 on raid bosses, and they'll be announcing a new deal/event/campaign every friday (or a look at future content). The US branch of KH is listening afterall

Sölf

Yeah, so the raidboss really gets less HP until elvel 10 (when he doesn't even have 1 million). Level 11 buffs it to 1,4 million and level 12 to 1,8. I stopped then. But it's basically one easy to get Chip & Dale.

Psxphile

What I found peculiar about the new raid boss is how after Lv. 1, attacking it regenerates your SP gauge like crazy. Spamming special attacks all day every day.

deanote666

The question is whether that will be a mercy pull or the key art #1 crap where you need to spend $700+ guilting one of the other premium ones...

Anyone know how it was released in Japan?

creid

I just remembered.... wasn't multiplayer announced to be coming out in January? Or was it January for the JP version?

Last night from one raid boss from helping someone. I went from level 47 to 62. Just from one raid boss.
Now am level 72 from just helping party members. lol
Pretty decent for not even playing for a whole week I'd say. :p

EDIT: Also what do Raid Coins do? lol

EDIT2: Is leveling up this early bad? Should I stop leveling up? Idk meta for this game. lol

Lucky. You can guilt Master Xehanort as soon as you get the bracelet halfway through the story. Crazy expensive to use but he hits really damn hard.

Most medals are meh at 5* but become good at 6* since their multipliers and number of hits increase. Lexaeus is a beast if you're lucky enough to manage to guilt him.

And yeah, 0 AP is going on right now so play as much as your heart desires.

Thanks for the heads up! I almost guilted him earlier to make more room for medals. Glad I didn't. lol.
Also will try to grind more quest. At quest 50 atm.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
EDIT: Also what do Raid Coins do? lol
They're used to unlock nodes on the raid board like you do with avatar coins on the avatar boards.

EDIT2: Is leveling up this early bad? Should I stop leveling up? Idk meta for this game. lol
The only bad thing is that you miss your AP resets with each level but since it's currently 0AP for everything it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the heads up! I almost guilted him earlier to make more room for medals. Glad I didn't. lol.
Also will try to grind more quest. At quest 50 atm.
Hurry up and beat quest 200 so you can guilt your medals.

They're used to unlock nodes on the raid board like you do with avatar coins on the avatar boards.

The only bad thing is that you miss your AP resets with each level but since it's currently 0AP for everything it doesn't really matter.

Hurry up and beat quest 200 so you can guilt your medals.

Oh. I guess I'm not far enough in the game to use those then. lol.

Ah... could that be a problem later? lol.
I'm level 95 already from doing/helping with Raid bosses.
I've literally doubled from last night. Level 47 to 95. o_O

150 quests in a 2 days? Maybe it can be done. lol

Famassu

Ummm.. The raid boards that use the coins gotten from these weekend raid bosses are available to everyone. It's in the events section. (Events -> Weekend Raid Boss Event -> Raid boards)

deanote666

Just finished getting all the micky's on the moogle keyblade missions!

Now I just need to get all the adamantite from the moogle keyblade missions...

Any tips, medals that work good on those missions?

My Marluxia B isn't guilted, Larxene B is at 81%, fyi

Currently using illustrated xion, 100% piglet w/ AP+, Maui 100% w/ ABII+AP+, Meowjesty 100% w/ ABIII, Lea 100% w/ ABI on Olympia level 26.

Psxphile

Oh interesting... you stand a small chance of getting a Donald w/ boosted Strength as a drop during the event. That already sets it above the Goofy medal. The actual quest itself will apparently change every 12 hours so check back every so often in case the change is significant (new objectives, better odds at Donald drops).

Famassu

Oh interesting... you stand a small chance of getting a Donald w/ boosted Strength as a drop during the event. That already sets it above the Goofy medal. The actual quest itself will apparently change every 12 hours so check back every so often in case the change is significant (new objectives, better odds at Donald drops).
With such a good sounding deal, I assume the normal max base STR for a fully leveled Donald medal is 5900? >_>;

c-murph

So, enemies don't drop the medal in the Donald Event? You only get one medal for each 12 hour event? ...And that medal has a chance to be boosted?

Edit: NVM... Got one to drop. Drop rate is just shit.

Top Bottom