• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
1500 Jewels and you can only pull from each once per day and only for 3 days. That means you can get up to 9 of each gem.

Skittles

this is coming from the company that's giving out one copy of a VIP medal for $15 so I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2000 Jewels.

but I am expecting it to be 1500.
Well to be fair, the timing of the KH3 is some awkward stuff. It's a straight up upgrade to the VIP medal we got last month (KA9) and it comes out at the same time as axel EX. So it has to be nerfed or people would be pissed about spending money on axel EX. Releasing one a week was pretty much their only course of action considering that the one free copy is being distributed for over a month. Meaning that they had to strike a balance of still being able to get some copies of him if you grabbed it late, while still giving people the option to build some traits on him if they got him early. A very weird situation indeed, at least there's 0.2 kairi soon.

Munti

I sometimes don't understand the sentiment that the game is turning bad because of deals like the sora ex one.

It's extremely and unbelievable expensive to have this medal guilt, true. But no one says that you have to get this medal.

deanote666

It's funny saying the Sora ex is expensive to guilt while people are spending lots more than that to even get 1 of the non-mercy banner medals.

c-murph

It's funny saying the Sora ex is expensive to guilt while people are spending lots more than that to even get 1 of the non-mercy banner medals.

It's obvious that it's a Whale Gift for those that buy VIP every week. I mean if you're a collector and must have ever medal you could just buy one week and M&B the thing if you want it guilted. Everyone should expect that this is the norm with this game by now.

Story content is extremely easy nowadays because of the new trait system. Unless you made significant progress the last time you played, then it'd be best to just start over because new players get tons of goodies. Also, save your jewels until the 0.2 kairi medal(she'll come out in within a month) . She's an extremely powerful medal which will make everything a cake walk for what you're doing.

Also, GAFKingdom has some spots open if anyone needs a party

I'd love to join, I can't figure out how to search for GAFkingdom. I'm in the unicorn club tho.

Aw... no weekly jewel challenge stuff. Lame. :/

I sometimes don't understand the sentiment that the game is turning bad because of deals like the sora ex one.

It's extremely and unbelievable expensive to have this medal guilt, true. But no one says that you have to get this medal.

Yeah, like SENA screws up badly often. (why the fuck we still get half the daily log ins, and why don't we have daily jewel challenge...)
But I don't understand the big deal with the Sora thing. Especially since we got one for free.

Just use a guilted key art copy to use his ability. ;P lol

The RNGods have finally blessed me with a +6 GA through Armored Ventus.

Also just barely scored 12M in the HSC, too. Didn't think I could do it with just +51% bonus points.

Psxphile

The RNGods have finally blessed me with a +6 GA through Armored Ventus.
Jealous.

iVivi has given my attempts to complete the remaining Proud+ quests new vigor. I absolutely decimated every Magic quest (currently goes up to Lv. 490 for those who don't know) thanks to Lionheart, iKairi2 w/ DB3, +3 GAU, iVivi w/ Second Chance II, KH3 Sora EX w/ AB4Max, max guilt iHSora w/ AB4 (and both 60% GDD traits) and a party member's max guilt Key Art #5, though I rarely got to use it because iHSora was cleaning house every time. FEELS GOOD.

I don't have nearly as good a Magic setup but managed to win a few Power quests too using Three Wishes and replacing the last two medals w/ Key Art #2 and max guilt Mal B. Well, until I hit a wall. Next is the Speed quests, but my Power medals are even more lacking (evident by my still being stuck on Lv. 410 w/ that bitch Ringmaster). Just need a real strong max guilted AoE to really make a difference.

Those Proud+ quests (and evven Saix 13!) are all complete for me thanks to my extra attack KA Sky on Fenrir. iKairi2, Sebastian, KA Beginnings, iXion/Dark Riku/HD Roxas depending on the setup, then KA Sky blasts through so many enemies.

People that leave those bronze Donald medals as a friend medal are the worst. Screwed me over in a few quests around the 200s when those were like the only thing to choose from

Those Proud+ quests (and evven Saix 13!) are all complete for me thanks to my extra attack KA Sky on Fenrir. iKairi2, Sebastian, KA Beginnings, iXion/Dark Riku/HD Roxas depending on the setup, then KA Sky blasts through so many enemies.

Those copy medals are pretty amazing since they copy the next/previous medal's attribute as well.

"A Power attack on my Counterpoint? Thank you very much!"

By the way, all these gems they've been offering lately has gotten me a humongous head start on maxing out other keyblades. Divine Rose and Fenrir are both at +34 and will soon be joining Starlight in the maxed out keyblade group. Once those are done, I'll begin focusing on Missing Ache (which is still like 3 months out lol) and Moogle O' Glory.

Skittles

People that leave those bronze Donald medals as a friend medal are the worst. Screwed me over in a few quests around the 200s when those were like the only thing to choose from
Are you in a party?

Hopefully we get proud/proud+ stuff this week. Usually happens when theres no daily jewel quest

Those copy medals are pretty amazing since they copy the next/previous medal's attribute as well.

"A Power attack on my Counterpoint? Thank you very much!"

By the way, all these gems they've been offering lately has gotten me a humongous head start on maxing out other keyblades. Divine Rose and Fenrir are both at +34 and will soon be joining Starlight in the maxed out keyblade group. Once those are done, I'll begin focusing on Missing Ache (which is still like 3 months out lol) and Moogle O' Glory.

Yeah, my Fenrir is at +33 right now (+34 by tomorrow) I can't wait until it gets to +35 to turn the 2.8 multiplier into a 2.9 on the last slot. If I can ever get a good reverse Power medal to put in the 4th position (hello Seph EX!) I'll be set for power for a bit. The blade is essentially an all-purpose blade with that key art since it turns it into whatever element I need,

Skittles

Nah, haven't really messed with that mechanic at all. I saw the invite for the GAF party, but I'm in the kitty tribe
You should definitely join one. Switching unions is super easy too. You'll never see a list full of donald again. There s Gaf party in unicorn and vulpes. I'm not sure if the vulpes one has room, but the one in unicorn does

You should definitely join one. Switching unions is super easy too. You'll never see a list full of donald again. There s Gaf party in unicorn and vulpes. I'm not sure if the vulpes one has room, but the one in unicorn does

Cool. Not really sure how to find the party. Player ID is 2539220

creid

Did they accidentally put good medals in this 3x jewel banner? So far I've gotten:
SP Vanitas
HD Namine (!)
HD Sora
Sephiroth
Illus. KH II Kairi
Xehanort & Vanitas

Credo

Did they accidentally put good medals in this 3x jewel banner? So far I've gotten:
SP Vanitas
HD Namine (!)
HD Sora
Sephiroth
Illus. KH II Kairi
Xehanort & Vanitas

I only pulled once but got an HD Sora too. The other 4 were hot garbage, but I never expected to get anything decent to begin with.

SP Vanitas
HD Namine (!)
HD Sora
Sephiroth
Illus. KH II Kairi
Xehanort & Vanitas

Guaranteed Tier 4 or higher per pull, between that and the gems, I knew I needed to pull them all every day. Got iXion, iTerra, KA4, KA8, 0.2 Aqua, and iVentus so far.

EDIT: Since the day rolled over, add KA3, KA7, and Terra-Xehanort to that list.

CRS

Screenshot_2017-07-19-00-04-09.png

Gonna be telling jokes about my Stroke game for forever now

Farsi

For the JP fam out there, if you pull on the super 5,000 jewel status boosted Aqua banner in the next few hours you'll be getting a full refund.

JP had an error when describing the deal, so they're giving out free hand outs. It has to be before midnight 7/21 Japan time.

Psxphile

For the JP fam out there, if you pull on the super 5,000 jewel status boosted Aqua banner in the next 24 hours you'll be getting a full refund.

JP had an error when describing the deal, so they're giving out free hand outs. It has to be before midnight 7/21 Japan time.

I remember when that happened in Global. Good times.

For the JP fam out there, if you pull on the super 5,000 jewel status boosted Aqua banner in the next few hours you'll be getting a full refund.

Seriously? :eek:
5000 is the max we can get back right?

Psxphile

Wow, that's even better than global. We only got the 1st pull refunded.

EDIT: reminder that the game goes offline for maintenance in a little over 6 hours (8pm PDT) for the rest of the day/night so log in while you still can if you haven't already.

Psxphile

Still one more hour until global maintenance is over (the updated APK is now on Google Play/iTunes so be sure to grab it).
Patch notes:
What's New
- Added completion percentage to the quest selection screen.
- Added completion icons for each special quest and event banner.
- Added perk filters for accessories on the Outfits screen.
- Added the MVP Award for multiplayer Union Cross quests.
- Changed the party ranking calculation method.
- Various UI tweaks.
- Bug fixes.

Turns out when we log back in we'll be able to do some new Proud quests (up to quest 325):
http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/30701

Doesn't say anything about a new keyblade, guess we're just doing it for the Electrum?

Skittles

Still one more hour until global maintenance is over (the updated APK is now on Google Play/iTunes so be sure to grab it).
Patch notes:

Turns out when we log back in we'll be able to do some new Proud quests (up to quest 325):
http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/30701

Doesn't say anything about a new keyblade, guess we're just doing it for the Electrum?
darkgnaw doesn't drop until 328

So 25 new proud mode quests? Probably stopped at 325 so they could have more time to add a new material and gem type along with the quest to get the gem.

deanote666

Double mirrors is nice but making us do the quest twice to get them outside of a 0AP event is evil.

Also, apparently the first medal it shows you during the pull animation isn't guaranteed to be the special medal. It showed an upright medal first but it was one of the reversed ones that had the pips. Mind that I got a Male Dragon, iTerra, and SP Axel (pipped) in the same pull.

Top Bottom