• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Planet Robobot | Review Thread

AdanVC

I'd imagine the only reason the game exists is because it reuses so many assets and the engine from TD and could make a good return on investment.

I'd rather take a good, low budget Kirby game over a lot of alternatives.

Kirby TD sold very well on 3DS, especially in Japan, not a surprise that they would want to get another out on the 3DS when it's performing much better in JP than the Wii U is.

That's true. Planet Robobot already surpassed 300,000 copies sold just in Japan so that's an excellent income. Easy peasy game to make reusing TD assets, add a few new features here and there and boom! Plus everybody loves a good 2D Kirby platformer. I might purchase it since I skipped TD and the robot mechanics sounds cool.

OT coming soon. Hopefully by the day's end.

Looking forward to it!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Do any of the reviews justify the $10 price hike over Triple Deluxe? Was keen on getting this day one back when it was announced but the price forces me to put it aside for now >.<;

Berordn

Do any of the reviews justify the $10 price hike over Triple Deluxe? Was keen on getting this day one back when it was announced but the price forces me to put it aside for now >.<;

At least in NA, it's 39.99, which is what Triple Deluxe launched at.

(And MSRP for TD is still 34.99)

Ridley327

From what I've seen in the reviews, a lot of people have pointed to the game having a ton of content, especially with the mini-games being a lot bigger than expected.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow @ these reviews!

Kirby is pretty much Nintendo's 2nd most valuable character now after Mario. I've been rooting for the pink menace for years and this is looking to be the best Kirby game since Return to Dreamland.

This is looking to be GOTY 2016 for the 3DS. Does it even have any legit competition for the title?

This is the first game I will buy from the eShop, and I mean full game, not vc nor indies, I just want the game as soon as possible, but here in mexico it is 999 MXN, which is above 50 usd so.. .digital it is...

Randomizer

Wow @ these reviews!

Kirby is pretty much Nintendo's 2nd most valuable character now after Mario. I've been rooting for the pink menace for years and this is looking to be the best Kirby game since Return to Dreamland.

This is looking to be GOTY 2016 for the 3DS. Does it even have any legit competition for the title?

The 3DS is having an insane year so there is tons of competition. Fire Emblem Fates, Monster Hunter: Generations, Dragon Quest VII & VIII, Pokemon Sun & Moon, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and I sure there are more but you get the point.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
At least in NA, it's 39.99, which is what Triple Deluxe launched at.

(And MSRP for TD is still 34.99)
Wait reallys? I got it for $30 like, day one. Musta got lucky with a pricing error that I didn't even know about at the time or somethin'! Not gonna be able ta go out an grab it tomorrow, but maybe later this month or next instead of late fall as I had been expecting. Having a super tight budget sucks lol.

From what I've seen in the reviews, a lot of people have pointed to the game having a ton of content, especially with the mini-games being a lot bigger than expected.
Bigger main game an meatier mini-games? I really liked Triple Deluxe which is why I was kinda hype for this one! So this all sounds good!

maxcriden

Wait reallys? I got it for $30 like, day one. Musta got lucky with a pricing error that I didn't even know about at the time or somethin'! Not gonna be able ta go out an grab it tomorrow, but maybe later this month or next instead of late fall as I had been expecting. Having a super tight budget sucks lol.

Bigger main game an meatier mini-games? I really liked Triple Deluxe which is why I was kinda hype for this one! So this all sounds good!

If you use GCU (some GAFers will let you use theirs for free), you can get 20% off, so that's a pretty big day one discount. I think Amazon Prime offers similar discounts these days, also, for some (all?) new games. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait whenever you are able to get it! &#128522;

CoolS

Completed the first world including the Ex Level. Really loving this so far, Power ups are varied and fun as always and the robot is so much fun to play.

Also tried the 3d kirby Minigame, which also seems really awesome.

magnetic

I'm unreasonably hyped for this game. I've been really into the arena modes lately - I like the boss rush modes in these games more than the actual main campaigns.

Trying to master the different abilities is so much fun, and it's surprising how solid and varied the combat mechanics in this series really are. Considering Kirby games are supposed to be really easy, True Arena is usually a real challenge.

Brakke

Banned
Beat the normal mode today! Surprising no one, this game was absolutely delightful. Some really clever power/environment interactions. And stomping as a robobot was great. Kirby games always have the best tone between being charming and cutesy and silly but then Kirby and Meta Knight still having a badass nod of acknowledgement. Kirby's nod of acknowledgement with Susie going into Area 7 slayed me.

I noticed Satoru Iwata credited as executive producer. ;_;7

Top Bottom