• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kmart has new 3DS XL for $100 and PS4 for $200, you can try Pricematch, YMMV

cj_iwakura

I tried out two Targets with no luck, even though they said they could do it when I talked to them over the phone. I'll try BB and TRU tomorrow, hopefully the deal's still up.

I have the site up on my Vita. It's still there even when I tab out of it, without reloading.

Grief.exe

Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow and try to price match.

I don't know, PS4 is still pretty slim pickings for the foreseeable future.

Holmes

Tried every Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Fry's in the area, no luck on the PS4. It needed to be the same model as the Kmart one and NO ONE had it....

gogosox82

Great deals but why does it say its not available on mobile and when I checked it on my pc, the deal isn't even there(in fact, I couldn't even find the ps4). This is a pricing error or something?

Prestige Capo

Neo Member
I have the site up on my Vita. It's still there even when I tab out of it, without reloading.

Yeah same for me. Problem was that they only had The Last of Us PS4 bundles so they couldn't do it (even though I called them before hand to check if they had just the PS4 with one controller)

NeoUltima

Props to K-Mart for costing other stores a lot of money. Clearly says out of stock when trying to add to the cart. But hey, if an employee don't have the brains or care or time to investigate the price match good work on getting the deal.

PS4 was a no go, but my SO and I were able to pricematch the New 3DS XL at the second Walmart I tried (didn't even bother trying to PM the PS4 at the second Walmart). It's her first 3DS, and this is replacing my 3DS XL that has a busted circle pad. I don't even mind if a successor to the 3DS is announced/released within a year with the price we were lucky enough to pay for these. Thanks for sharing this, OP!

So cross me off the list of people who were waiting for the regular New 3DS to get released in NA. My heart was half in that.

womp

Well, this sucks. Just powered my N3DS on that I got this evening. Top screen has two big ass burnt out twinkling pixels. Back it goes. :(

No luck on the PS4. Target and Best Buy weren't having it, and Walmart actually told me that they don't price match unless it was with another Walmart. I thought that the manager was lying but they wouldn't budge. Toys r us would have done it but they didn't have a non-bundled one.

Crayon

ps4win_zpsb4bmibnj.jpg

b087f6ef-6041-4f77-b96b-77f385657135_zpseyovi0u6.png

Great deals but why does it say its not available on mobile and when I checked it on my pc, the deal isn't even there(in fact, I couldn't even find the ps4). This is a pricing error or something?

I believe K-mart is getting rid of their games section. Try to find ANY sort of game on the K-mart site will just lead to a dead page.

I don't think this is a pricing error. It's a clearance. Probably a reduce price to get rid of stock quickly. They've done this before in my area when they were ready to pack it up and leave. They ended up staying around for another 10 years.

Hansel

Banned
Just got mine. A bizarre series of events where employees shifted me from one person to another allowed me to walk in and out without any questioning. It was quite a rush.

nikos

Tempted to try Target and Best Buy on the 3DS tomorrow, but I really don't want to deal with Target, and Best Buy requires the item to be in stock. May still be worth a shot though.

Crayon

Try different stores and keep trying. After 4 stores and 3.5 hours, I finally tried Wal Mart and they price matched! And it wasn't "lazy incompetent cashiers" or anything like that, I talked to the manager, he cleared it over the phone, and they sold me the Arkham Knight PS4 bundle for $200! As a sign of good will, I'll buy my next PS4 games at that store so they get my business.

But keep hunting, it's worth trying everything for a sale like this. Good luck!

Dude your luck worked. You're a fucking badass.

Got $219 batman bundle at walmart in california. My advice is to get a blessing from JinoUnchained and kick a dude's ass as soon as you walk in the door so noone fucks with you.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Got $219 batman bundle at walmart in california. My advice is to get a blessing from JinoUnchained and kick a dude's ass as soon as you walk in the door so noone fucks with you.

Socal?

I've tried target and Walmart. Both nada. Target just denied while Walmart gave me the whole it needs to be in stock deal.

Crayon

Socal?

I've tried target and Walmart. Both nada. Target just denied while Walmart gave me the whole it needs to be in stock deal.

Bay Area. I told the guy i was buying one of these things for my kid, and told him I didn't want one with a game because I didn't want to pay extra. He told me they are all the same so I told him I didn't believe him there must be a 350 dollar one without a game. He assured me that there's just one 399 ps4.

I tried the toy r us first but I think the game kid was clued reading gaf and I didn't want him posting about what a dick I am.

If I have a XL is the 3DS even worth it?

It has faster ui and eshop performance, C-stick, plus new 3ds only games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

I didn't really think it upgrade worthy, just wait until the nintendos next gen handheld, but for $100, it is a sweet upgrade. Especially if you use your 3ds a lot.

Socal?

Yeah, SoCal, is it against GAF TOS to name specific stores or something? If not, I'll tell you where I went, but even then YMMV, so good luck.

Alright, good work! Glad to see it worked for you too. Send me a friend invite on PSN, my name there is the same as on GAF

I was denied at one Walmart but eventually was able to pick up a New 3DS XL at another Walmart.
I tried to get the PS4 too but they didn't want to honor it because it's not a bundle SKU.

Grief.exe

It has faster ui and eshop performance, C-stick, plus new 3ds only games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

I didn't really think it upgrade worthy, just wait until the nintendos next gen handheld, but for $100, it is a sweet upgrade. Especially if you use your 3ds a lot.

*game
singular, not plural.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
On my way to the only Walmart in my area to try this. If it doesn't work, fuck it; I was planning on buying a N3DSXL today anyway since it's tax-free weekend in MA.

Samaritan

Just got done going around to most of the Walmarts in my area. Got shot down every time since all my stores only had the Batman bundle and it's not the same. But seeing how many people successfully pulled this off, I think I'm going to back out this morning and try again.

Red

No one sells 360s anymore. Super K's electronics section is closed off. Walmart has none in stock. Checking Target next.

Any way of trying to price match online?

Walmart only matches Walmart.com?

Top Bottom