• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kotaku] Sources: WB Montreal Cancels Unannounced Suicide Squad Game,Shifts To Batman

redhood56

Banned
I would have liked to seen what the SS game actually was it sucks that it got cancelled. It seems like their Batman game is a ways off too

Ray Down

Banned
Never sounded great tbh.

6KlQTVS.png

That Harley isn't to bad though.

Do I need to post Suicide Squad movie concept art of her?

WB Montreal is a studio with potential, so maybe this'll be better than the reheated leftovers that was Arkham Origins

I hope

Eh even if it's only that good, it'll still be worth a go once it's on sale

Yukinari

Would the Suicide Squad game also have Joker it in for a total of 5 minutes and throw in a lot of pop songs for no reason?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I DONT WANT MORE STUPID BATMAN!!!

It's also starring my least favorite character in the Batman universe.

Just the idea of a co-op Suicide Squad game (most likely with Arkham mechanics) sounds infinitely better than the idea of just another Batman game.

Drayco21

With the movies basically being a wash, I was hoping for a DC gaming universe.

God forbid DC put something out that doesnt just fellate the Bat.

Suicide squad is probably a tainted brand now.

Still waiting to see if WW is going to get slaughtered as retroactive payback for BvS/SS shitiness.

Wonder what rocksteady are up to? All their batman games are 👌

Freeman76

If its the same team that made Origins this saddens me. That game was so poor compared with Rocksteadys trilogy, I was hoping they wouldnt return to it and move into something else now.

Bl@de

Nice. I love all the Arkham games. Curious about the new scenario. Never heard of Damian Wayne, but I'm not a comic book reader.

RedHill

Banned
This is all we know of it:
The BSI source has leaked quite a few villains. Mr. freeze, the Judge, The DeeDee Twins, Katana, a female Black mask. They also said there's an ally type character they aren't quite familiar with, they described them in a way that made me think Cassandra Cain.

Would the Suicide Squad game also have Joker it in for a total of 5 minutes and throw in a lot of pop songs for no reason?
Guys seriously, these jokes are tired. The game had nothing to do with the movie and was greenlit long before it. Suicide Squad does exist outside of the movie people.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's their corporate web page. The studio is in havoc from the sounds of it so someone presumably forgot to update something and keep the site up.

Kinyou

The rumor that the gameplay is borderlands like honestly really turned me off the suicide squad game. I'm totally up for another Batman one though

BiggNife

I had a feeling the suicide squad game would be canned. We've heard it's existed for years (since... 2013?) without an official announcement which is a HUGE red flag.

Honestly I am fine with another Batman game by WBM, particularly because I think Origins was the second best Arkham game. But man, I really hope we get a non-shitty Superman game someday.

It's also starring my least favorite character in the Batman universe.

Just the idea of a co-op Suicide Squad game (most likely with Arkham mechanics) sounds infinitely better than the idea of just another Batman game.

I wish they would of just had coop combat and predator challenge rooms in Arkham Origins, instead of the half-baked multiplayer.

est1992

An impossible feat. How does one make a good Superman game?
You nerf him just a bit. He doesn't need to be able to fly at light speed or crumble an entire building.

Make him just able to do the feats of Superman from STAS or JLU and you have a great template for a game.

BiggNife

You nerf him just a bit. He doesn't need to be able to fly at light speed or crumble an entire building.

Make him just able to do the feats of Superman from STAS or JLU and you have a great template for a game.
I will say that while the Tiburon developed Superman Returns game sucked, the idea of Superman's life bar being the state of Metropolis and how much destruction you've caused wasn't a terrible idea.

Compbros

An impossible feat. How does one make a good Superman game?

Superman: Emperor Joker - http://joker.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Joker_(Storyline)

Joker gains the power to change the Universe, shaping it in a way that the Justice League are villains and the villains are the Justice League. Superman is a criminal but starts to realize this World isn't right. You can have the Joker constantly shift the Universes so you go through several Superman Elseworld tales like Speeding Bullets (Superman lands in Gotham and is adopted by the Waynes, raised as Bruce Wayne) and Red Son (Supes lands in Russia and is a weapon for the Soviet Union). You could also just have him shift the Universe to the worst/defining moments in Supes life like bringing Kandor back and his fight with Doomsday.

Superman: Secret Identity - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Secret_Identity

Superman is a comic character. A boy is born with the name "Clark Kent" after Superman. He is the subject of taunts from other children because of his name. One day he wakes up with the powers of Superman and sets out to do good, learning how to use his powers and what it means to be a hero. The story follows his life from his teens to old age.

Up, Up, and Away - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman:_Up,_Up_and_Away!

A year after Infinite Crisis, Superman has lost his powers. In doing so he has become a better "human": his social life is great, his boss is happy with his work, and he's happy. Eventually his powers start to return and he has to deal with the loss of his average life because, no matter what, he's Superman and the World needs Superman.

NoKisum

Ugh, do we really need yet another Batman game?

Give me a Black Canary beat em up and I'm good.

Matter of fact, since we might get a film of the latter soon, let's do a game on the lines of Birds of Prey vs. Gotham City Sirens.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What about Rocksteady?

They said they were working on their next game in tandem with DC, so while it's probably not Batman, it's presumably still a superhero game.

They do have multiplayer-esque job postings, so I wouldn't take Justice League off the table.

Not shocked. Origins was clearly setting up SS, and the fact it has been this long without a single sign of it didn't speak well.

Give me more Batman. I would have gone with a sequel to Origins that still took place early in Batman's career, but I'll also take Damian happily.

Top Bottom