• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latin American Football |OT| Sponsored By Televisa

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
People are gonna bitch on Tuca for the tie, but honestly, this was more on individual players' mistakes. Chicharito had a bunch he should have netted and Moi should have stood his ground in the first goal.

Regardless, we played very, very well. We are never favourites against Argentina, and though the tie is disappointing, the result is relatively good for us. The game is ultimately meaningless because the US will probably play bunkerball come October, but good showing nonetheless

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He was, but as soon as he came off the Argentine backline started pushing upwards and we stopped generating spaces on the counter. Hopefully he begins regaining form in Leverkusen. I did like how he paired with Jiménez.

Good thing that we got the win today vs Queretaro. Going into the clasico with 3 points will ease a lot of tension within the team and it should lead to a more confident group going into the match.

Chivas wins the clasico, calling it right now!

Typical Marco Fabián gets expelled for the most important match of the season. I'm so fucking sick of him.

Me too, I think it's better if he didn't play anyway. He is SOOO inconsistent. I'd rather have a player that is not flashy but is constant in his performance rather than him who can maybe give us a good game. I don't doubt his quality but it is so seldom seen that I think it's better just to bring in a kid who has the will and ganas to play. Fabian gives us one good game a season usually.

loki 16

Vamos America! hopefully they will bounce back with a victory vs leon.

Edit: I think this was America's worst game in a while.

Chivas is gonna win the Liga huh :(

You bet! We are going to come in 8th and knock out the highest seed in each successive round until the final is 7th vs 8th and then we will win in a very undramatic 1-0 aggregate. Then haters are gonna hate and it'll be oh so very sweet.

v1lla21

Four Cuban players have defected prior to their first CONCACAF Olympic qualifying game.

• Emmanuel Labrada
  • Dairon Perez
  • Frank Lopez
  • Yendry Torres.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/...s-have-defected-olympic-qualifying-tournament
Aren't players supervised so they don't leave?

Also, is anyone going to the US vs Mexico match? I tried to get tickets for over an hour and I didn't get any :( once the website started working it was only giving me the option to buy the 300 dollar tickets.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wish I could go, but I live in the opposite coast lol

Is the Mexico vs Costa Rica u22 game gonna be shown up anywhere? It's about to begin and I find no information concerning it. It's pre-olympic qualification.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Honduras 1 Haiti 0
Mexico 4 Costa Rica 0

This is pretty much the same team that played the Panamericans, and that's worrisome. I feel like our midfield is non existent. We are literally a team of two halves.

Surprised to see Lajud starting over Gudiño. Was also reading that Tecatito makes the age limit, so he would bring a huge bump in quality if we qualify to the Olympics.

I think that part of the problem as well is that all of these tournaments are held in the US. If you have them somewhere else in CONCACAF (of course US is the only one with the installations, crowd sizes and income to provide for a successful tournament) then they would be less likely to leave.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
WTF? I was looking for my monthly dose of schadenfreude and instead I find out that the Univision forums are gone! Now I'm at lost of where to get some CONCACAF based schadenfreude. :(

Cess007

Honduras 1 Haiti 0
Mexico 4 Costa Rica 0

This is pretty much the same team that played the Panamericans, and that's worrisome. I feel like our midfield is non existent. We are literally a team of two halves.

Surprised to see Lajud starting over Gudiño. Was also reading that Tecatito makes the age limit, so he would bring a huge bump in quality if we qualify to the Olympics.

Most of the first half, Mexico played like crap. We got lucky CR made that own goal before the Halftime; they played better in the second half.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dedos López is the GOAT, sorry

In other news, Osorio has officially quit from Sao Paulo, so I'm expecting him to be appointed as Mexico's coach as soon as the game vs the USA ends regardless of the result.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It looks like Paz almost kicked Bueno on the floor, but Bueno was about to retaliate. It should have been a red for both, or at least a yellow for Bueno.

EDIT: The Honduran players are hacking legs though. They really need to take it down a notch. They don't wanna play USA next Saturday with half the team suspended.

Top Bottom