• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latin American Football |OT| Sponsored By Televisa

v1lla21

Yeah lol.
I don't get these dudes. They criticize the ref because of the red, and then they citicize him for not giving a yellow. Like fuck, the ref probably feels bad that if he gives the player another yellow, it'll be a double, therefore red. That leaves Honduras with 9 players and a bad position really early on. If he calls the foul and doesn't give the yellow he saves Honduras from playing with less players, for now, he can calm things down and keep it from getting hot-headed players. Even if he would've given a second yellow, the commentators would still criticize the poor ref.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I assume you are watching TV Azteca? lol it's typical of them

Dang Honduras goalie is on GOAT mode at the moment. We should be up by three now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico vs Canada on Saturday for the ticket to the Olympics

Mexico vs USA on Saturday for the ticket to Confederations

and I'm gonna miss both because I have work :mad:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uruguay beat Bolivia 0-2 in La Paz. Seems like not even the 4000 metres above sea level will help Bolivia this time around.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait, the Pre-olympic final is at the same time as the Mex vs Panama game? smh fmf

Going with Ecuador, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, and Chile for today's qualifiers.

v1lla21

Wait, the Pre-olympic final is at the same time as the Mex vs Panama game? smh fmf

Going with Ecuador, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, and Chile for today's qualifiers.
Apparently, that's what my dad told me. Good thing I can watch two things at once with PIP.

I'm so happy I got a new job and I get out early now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ecuador pls

CROfc18UcAAeIQn.jpg

Blue Lou

Somehow CONCACAF have managed to hide their own U-23 Championship behind a playoff for a competition over 18 months away and a friendly against Panama. It deserved better, really.

It was like the Pan American Games, no one cared about it. It's a shame really, as it is potentially the combined Americas tournament (with 60+ years of history) that people are calling for.

v1lla21

Somehow CONCACAF have managed to hide their own U-23 Championship behind a playoff for a competition over 18 months away and a friendly against Panama. It deserved better, really.

It was like the Pan American Games, no one cared about it. It's a shame really, as it is potentially the combined Americas tournament (with 60+ years of history) that people are calling for.
Yeah :/ the thing is that not even telemundo/ nbc has been big on marketing the game :/ the previous Pan-American games (before this year's) had a big push. I'd think that they'd be pushing this championship as a result of Mexico winning the last Olympics but nope. Nothing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Eh, Nigeria gave us a 6-1 when we faced them two years ago. It's not unnatural to see this type of scores with them at this level.

They were far and away the best team in the last U17 world cup. They totally owned Mexico in the final. Their wingers are incredibly fast. They usually play with a 4-3-3 and their wide players usually tend to cut inside. They hardly ever send in crosses. They have their style down at this level. Kudos to their youth program.

I'm very surprised at the size of the score. Chile, at home, getting wrecked 1-5. Wow.

Top Bottom