• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

EL CUCO

Man, stash drops have been absolute trash for me. Coolest thing I've gotten was a boot that says "NOOB" on it...and its not even for the class I play 😭

How's the PS4 version currently?

Active? Still have stuttering issues?

Patch fixed that stutter but I get slight fps drops quite frequently. I wish they could like limit it to like 40 or something.

Finding game is ridiculously easy whenever I log on(weekends/after work). I immediately get added to games. The low player count number people report is only an issue potentially if it drops off later. 3K players is more than enough to find games. I say this based on my experience of trying to find matches Halo 3 in it's twilight years when Halo 4 had come out(It wasn't hard at all and it had a small playerbase as well).

CDV13

Man, stash drops have been absolute trash for me. Coolest thing I've gotten was a boot that says "NOOB" on it...and its not even for the class I play 😭

That sucks. I have received about 6 skins in 12 drops. Just the color swap ones, not the costume changes yet, but still pretty lucky.

the only thing i'm not getting is the skins for Tokki (Law's Battle Medic). i'm still using the default one. RIP

Well pulled the trigger...now to test my 43 year old reflexes...uggh

Lol well, Im 36, and I feel pretty comfy playing it, except I have no clue what to do with the speed classes like Assassin and Wraith. Feels like I lose others and myself easily and when I hit I do no damage.

Love me some Vanguard and Gunslinger.

Kayant

Finally got my first S+ shredding with the medic.

iLbu1RU.jpg

Iorv3th

This matchmaking sucks. It keeps pairing me up with level 1-3 players and expecting me to carry them. It's impossible to win.

Also needs to be a way to kick afk people or report them or something.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
This matchmaking sucks. It keeps pairing me up with level 1-3 players and expecting me to carry them. It's impossible to win.

Also needs to be a way to kick afk people or report them or something.

There is idle kick in the game. After 60 seconds there's a warning dialogue, and 30 seconds later you'll get booted.

E92 M3

Skilled based matchmaking has me so FRUSTRATED. I can barely enjoy the game anymore because the game is working against me. Just let us get quick matches and enjoy. There is no need for SBMM since rank is coming.

It's creating such a horrible experience and I love the game to death.

Also had a join in progress that ended in literally a second.

=/

--

And on a brighter note, Jugg's shotgun is a bit too weak.

Kayant

Finally happy with my gameplay after starting so poorly.

Slowly starting to get my stats up to when they were during beta/alpha.

Average score went from D --> High B

W/L and K/D also coming along but still negative :(

arimanius

Skilled based matchmaking has me so FRUSTRATED. I can barely enjoy the game anymore because the game is working against me. Just let us get quick matches and enjoy. There is no need for SBMM since rank is coming.

It's creating such a horrible experience and I love the game to death.

Also had a join in progress that ended in literally a second.

=/

--

And on a brighter note, Jugg's shotgun is a bit too weak.

Yeah it's getting pretty frustrating. I'm hoping they do something about it this week.

I'm curious to know how many blind fire kills have happened since launch. I'm guessing less than 5 lol

There's an achievement for blind fire kills. Only 2.7% have it so far.

Tokubetsu

Romerus is your best friend as an assassin - https://streamable.com/5pq8n

Holy shit I wish I had that kind of leading with the Omega. Perfectly highlights how dangerous people with good aim can destroy with that. I can only do that to a degree with the romerus.

The second one also has some great shots.

good shit dude and just imagine what a pro level assassin is gonna look like eight months from now

arimanius

Finally finished up all the class achievements. Only have the win 25 games, win 150, and prestige left. I never bother to do achievements but the game is to much fun.

phant0m

Is this worth getting into given how crowded the comp shooter scene is? I barely have time for R6, and kinda done with OW for now.

MEATER

Is this worth getting into given how crowded the comp shooter scene is? I barely have time for R6, and kinda done with OW for now.

If the gameplay appeals to you I'd say yes.

And I'd say it's something very different compared to R6 and OW. The only other games I'd compare it to atm would be UT and Quake - both of which put a stronger focus on fragging instead of teamplay.

MEATER

Any hints on playing Titan and Juggernaut?

With Titan I have trouble keeping up with the speed of the other characters.

With Juggernaut I have a tough time getting in Shotgun range.

So far I use both only in certain occasions, e.g. Juggernaut for the holo-wall to play goalie in blitzball. But really like the rocket launcher and would main Titan if I could get around the map faster.

It doesn't play anything like those games. I like the game and all, but I have a feeling that Quake Champions is going to hit the player base pretty hard. So I'm just enjoying for what it is worth atm.

Aeternal

Neo Member
I do enjoy the game but like everyone else the team balancing really needs some work. SBMM aside it is frustrating playing 4v5, 3v5 etc. Unless you have some very talented team mates the matches usually end in a blowout. One of the games actually started as a 4v5 after waiting for players for only a minute or so. I know dropouts can't be prevented but at least let it fill up.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to give each player on the lower player count team an additional 25 HP and / or disable the respawn wait time. I'm on ps4 btw.

R6 is usually my main game but I set it aside for this one. I started in more faster arena shooters so it's nice to have a good one of those back.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to give each player on the lower player count team an additional 25 HP and / or disable the respawn wait time. I'm on ps4 btw.

Totally agreed. Leavers are my main complaint with this game thus far. Having a guy drop out halfway through a close game just kills team morale because they know you no longer have a chance. I don't think a matchmaking penalty would be a good choice right now but buffing the remaining team would help a lot.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
R6 is usually my main game but I set it aside for this one. I started in more faster arena shooters so it's nice to have a good one of those back.

Totally agreed. Leavers are my main complaint with this game thus far. Having a guy drop out halfway through a close game just kills team morale because they know you no longer have a chance. I don't think a matchmaking penalty would be a good choice right now but buffing the remaining team would help a lot.

Just wanted to say we're actively looking at ways to reduce the leaver problem. Some of it may be more rewards for completing matches. Some will be reminding people they lose consecutive match bonus XP when they drop and increasing the bonus itself so it's more enticing. We're talking about locking leavers out of queue but it has a lot of drawbacks so we want to pursue other options first, more geared towards rewards than punishments.

Just wanted to say we're actively looking at ways to reduce the leaver problem. Some of it may be more rewards for completing matches. Some will be reminding people they lose consecutive match bonus XP when they drop and increasing the bonus itself so it's more enticing. We're talking about locking leavers out of queue but it has a lot of drawbacks so we want to pursue other options first, more geared towards rewards than punishments.

For me the biggest incentive to keep playing despite losing 2+ team members is that I am guaranteed a complete game the next match. Some modes are sort of playable 3v5, like Blitzball, but modes like overcharge or up link, it's impossible to raid their base when they have the battery.

arimanius

Any talk about improving matchmaking, backfilling quicker, and making it where stats don't count if you join a game in progress? That will go along way into stopping leavers. Most people leave because a game gets out of hand.

Archimedes10

Neo Member
Just wanted to say this game is amazing. Having so much fun trying all the diffferent classes. Highly recommend this to anyone on the fence. Playing on Ps4 btw.

r8er34

So far I use both only in certain occasions, e.g. Juggernaut for the holo-wall to play goalie in blitzball. But really like the rocket launcher and would main Titan if I could get around the map faster.

Yes - pick a different class lol

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Any talk about improving matchmaking, backfilling quicker, and making it where stats don't count if you join a game in progress? That will go along way into stopping leavers. Most people leave because a game gets out of hand.

We have bug fixes for backfilling coming in the next patch. I believe our plan for score grade is to fix how it is computed so as not to screw over people who joined a match in progress, and if you weren't in the match long enough to compute a proper score - it will be "not available" instead of a D.

Iorv3th

I have been doing really well with Titan today. You don't need to keep up with your team speed wise. But try and play corners and tight areas with that rocket so you can group them. Also really good when firing on zones or when your teammates bring the ball into enemy base and you can clear out a lot of enemies with that rocket. Remember to use the right click to detonate it mid air.

Takes a while to get used to timing it and leading players and predicting movements etc.

So I refunded this game with 1.5 hours played after a night of not being able to find games within 10 minutes (midwest USA and sorry for a game like this I want to spend <1 minute searching).

Heard this was an isolated issue from a lot of folks, so I rebought the game on Steam (can't refund again) - had slow matchmaking (2-3 mins) again, so I decided to tweak server settings and specified US East. Haven't had an issue since. To be clear, the auto setting puts me in US West.

Anyone else noticed US West was kinda janky?

roMonster

Somethings I've learned as Titan...

Look up about 2/3 the way up the screen and hit ctrl (backwards fire). After you land you can either do it again (usually get 2 - 3 pushes out on base invul) or bunnyhop forward using the momentum.

Throw your sticky nade when you get into a fight first (at them or the ground where you think the fight will take place)

You can throw your nade and it will stick to allies. If you throw it on the back of a wraith or assassin at the beginning of the round you can maybe get a gravity assist.

Always be jumping.

Aiming at feet doesn't work as well as just aiming for the body and using mouse2 early detonate. Most of the time they'll be in the air anyway. (At least in my experience.)

Also, Titan class is hot garbage.

Top Bottom