• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D -- The Yellow Debate

CoolS

Always-honest said:
a golden game card
nah..

Germany's getting a 3DS bag:

IMG_3019._SX250_.jpg

BY2K said:
A message to anyone doing a unboxing:

SHOW THE CARTRIDGE! I want to know if it's golden coloured!

It's not, it's grey with a sticker that simply says The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It's not even the full OoT Logo (no shield, no sword). Sticker back ground is part of the US box art (that gold tinted texture look).

Video proof from Zelda Dungeon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTg3Fm1MJCA&feature=player_embedded

Those wondering what the heck the Hylian says on the sheet sent, it is Twilight Princess Hylian, and it says "Power, Wisdom, Courage".

Meesh

AceBandage said:
Hopefully I can beat it this time.
It always surprises me to hear this for some reason..I think it's because I thougth Ocarina was the most attractive, accessable, and engrossing adventure game at the time. The hurdle for me is Majoras due to the nagging clock, if it's not that damn fairy it's the gawdamn clock. ]:(
CoolS said:
Germany's getting a 3DS bag:

IMG_3019._SX250_.jpg
Whoa, sweetness and hotness.

GameE

gimz said:
i donno if anyone found this and posted it, but yesterday i found this big Zelda 3DS ad on the street
IMG_4150.jpg

Sweet :eek:

New footage of this is out, looks hot :p only thing i dont like is the laser pointer thing for the hookshot o_O

Rich!

Ahoi-Brause said:
There are not enough WHY!?s for the section where they talk about how they remade the music and then redid it again to sound exactly like the N64...

If they changed the Forest Temple theme in any way, I'd be upending some teatables.

I'm glad they're keeping that the same, at least - and the surround speakers will make it sound awesome.

Cygnus X-1

Yokota: Talking about it could take forever! (laughs) I love The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time beyond all reason!

LOL

Yokota: I've been steeped in The Legend of Zelda this past year.

Iwata: Steeped in Zelda?

Yokota: I only worked on The Legend of Zelda. Two games at the same time!

Iwata: Huh? Two at the same time? I didn't know that!

Yokota: One was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and the other is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ahoi-Brause said:
There are not enough WHY!?s for the section where they talk about how they remade the music and then redid it again to sound exactly like the N64...

It's an extremely conservative remake, much to my disappointment. Its a shame they didnt take the Resident Evil rout and make this something truly special, but oh well. Should be fun regardless.

richisawesome said:
If they changed the Forest Temple theme in any way, I'd be upending some teatables.

I'm glad they're keeping that the same, at least - and the surround speakers will make it sound awesome.
I don't think there has been a dungeon theme in Zelda since the Forest temple that has come close to matching it. That's one thing I really want to see return in Skyward Sword, great dungeon music, more recent games go for a more atmospheric background noise vibe but damn it the forest temple had both atmosphere and melody! That said I was pretty surprised when I played Spirit Tracks and the tower of the spirits music kicked in, its almost like an apology for that horrible dungeon music from Phantom Hourglass.

f@luS

More than a member.
all french site have their review
9/10 ; 19/20 etc
but seems like all say 3D isnt so good ( bit of headache, aliasing etc..)

gimz said:
i donno if anyone found this and posted it, but yesterday i found this big Zelda 3DS ad on the street
IMG_4150.jpg
Saw one of these in Toronto about a week ago. Surprised to see that kind of marketing for the game. I am excite.

Disguises

f@luS said:
9/10 ; 19/20 etc
The usual complaints then, I don't get headaches and aliasing doesn't bother me too much, so this is totally bought. (Not that it wasn't already).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
f@luS said:
9/10 ; 19/20 etc
Are you talking about the jvn.com or jeuxvideo.com 19/20 reviews? They seemed to like the 3D a lot.

Rich!

Disguises said:
The usual complaints then, I don't get headaches and aliasing doesn't bother me too much, so this is totally bought. (Not that it wasn't already).

The 3D in OOT3D was absolutely great in Kokiri Forest. Really added to the magical ambience/feel of the area when I played it in Feburary. However, I got real bad double vision in the Deku Tree, and I got really nasty clipping in the rolling boulder area (where you get the sword).

Maybe they have fixed all that since though.

dangrib

I've never played OoT. Without the nostalgia will it hurt my experience or will i genuinely love it because its awesome?

Rich!

dangrib said:
I've never played OoT. Without the nostalgia will it hurt my experience or will i genuinely love it because its awesome?

What Zelda games have you played? It's an awesome game regardless. I envy you being able to play it for the first time.

WillyFive

dangrib said:

You should love it. It may not become your favorite if you played later games, but Ocarina of Time is an awesome game.

dangrib said:

Unless you're a total graphics whore, you will really appreciate the game because of its immaculate design and extreme amount of content.

Rich!

dangrib said:
Thanks for the quick replies.

I've played A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess. Both ends of the spectrum :)

It's literally inbetween them. Smack bang in the middle.

It's essentially the same structure as Link to the Past, but in 3D. It's superb. Another way of looking at it would be Twilight Princess without all the extra fat and unnescary bits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
dangrib said:

The thing with Ocarina of Time is that, depsite being so old, it's not particularly dated in gameplay. It's core design has been reused and rebuilt for the Zelda games that followed, but the execution in Ocarina is still top shit. It's an exceptionally well paced game full of great boss battles, memorable dungeons, and wonderful story points.

I personally prefer Majora's Mask, but there's no denying that Ocarina still has plenty of oomph in this day and age. Its aged remarkably.

Bizzyb

Banned
EatChildren said:
The thing with Ocarina of Time is that, depsite being so old, it's not particularly dated in gameplay. It's core design has been reused and rebuilt for the Zelda games that followed, but the execution in Ocarina is still top shit. It's an exceptionally well paced game full of great boss battles, memorable dungeons, and wonderful story points.

I personally prefer Majora's Mask, but there's no denying that Ocarina still has plenty of oomph in this day and age. Its aged remarkably.

you forgot really awesome music.

Literally one of the best soundtracks of it's time.

Big One

Banned
Any important shit in there? Judging from Google Translate it seems to mention some Skyward Sword stuff and early development of Ocarina of Time that didn't make it in the final game.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
As if Yokota wasn't already fucking awesome enough, he goes ahead and gushes about OoT. Truly a hero among men.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/aqej/vol2/index.html

Iwata Asks: Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Part 2

This issue features several members of the original Ocarina team. Toru Osawa! Eiji Aonuma! Yoshiaki Koizumi! Takumi Kawagoe! and Toshiaki Iwawaki!

Fricken awesome. I've always wanted to hear Toru Osawa comment, since I don't think he's ever done an interview in his life. Sad we have to wait a week to translate. :(

Tailzo

Not sure where to post this, but gameblog.fr gave it 5/5 in their review.

Likes / dislikes:

On aime / We like
• L'un des meilleurs jeux de ces quinze dernières années / One of the best games of the last 15 years
• Subtilement retouché là où son âge aurait pu le trahir / remade so well that you could be tricked by its age
• L'interface tactile optimale / touch screen interface is top notch
• L'aventure, ses mélodies, les Gorons, la pêche, Épona... On continue ou vous y jouez déjà ?/ The adventure, the Gorons, the fishing, Epona, should we go on or are you already playing it?

On n'aime pas / We do not like
• Un affichage 3D pas totalement convaincant, ni indispensable / The 3d is not completely convincing, neither is it esential
• Une Master Quest à débloquer / A Master Quest to unlock (?)
• Un nouveau Zelda arrivera-t-il un jour à dépasser OoT ? / Will there ever be a Zelda that surpasses OoT?

Hopefully my translation is ok enough. English isn't my first language-

Read the 9.5 Nintendo Power review today. Got me excited again after it had been waining. Im so glad i havent replayed it in over 8 years. Things have gotten foggy which will make the nostalgia stronger.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Gamer @ Heart said:
Read the 9.5 Nintendo Power review today. Got me excited again after it had been waining. Im so glad i havent replayed it in over 8 years. Things have gotten foggy which will make the nostalgia stronger.

I always found it ironic that Nintendo Power was one of the few media outlets that DIDN'T give OoT a perfect score.

Oh man, the wait for this game is KILLING me. I need this game soooooo bad. At least we know that the good games are going to start coming out soon. This game, Starfox, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and Mario 3D will all be mine!

[Nintex]

Shikamaru Ninja said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/aqej/vol2/index.html

Iwata Asks: Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Part 2

This issue features several members of the original Ocarina team. Toru Osawa! Eiji Aonuma! Yoshiaki Koizumi! Takumi Kawagoe! and Toshiaki Iwawaki!
So what did they say? Koizumi is going to help out with the 25th Anniversary? BELIEVE

Also judging by these pictures Aonuma looks a lot more healthier than last year.

AniHawk

Yokota: I've been steeped in The Legend of Zelda this past year.

Iwata: Steeped in Zelda?

Yokota: I only worked on The Legend of Zelda. Two games at the same time!

Iwata: Huh? Two at the same time? I didn't know that!

Yokota: One was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and the other is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Iwata: The Legend of Skyward Sword? What?

Top Bottom