• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

Here's some pics of the 2 trucks I purchased yesterday at Toys R Us. The crew for both sets are practically identical to each other. Both sets come with the new garage tools sets. If you had to choose between the 2, I'd go with the monster truck transporter set. The monster truck is my favorite vehicle and hope to get the upcoming monster truck set in 2014.

I recently made these guys:

9904591604_811fae98e4_z.jpg

Cool tanks. What's that white thing sticking out of the side? RADAR dish?

I'd be really curious to see how well the DC sets have fared, sales wise. Aside from the biggest one (Arkham) and the smallest one (Catwoman) the sets all seem really uninspired. Actually now that I type it out the Marvel ones aren't much better.

I have to think that Galaxy Squad is seriously under performing as well. I never see the stock thinning out like I do with more popular themes.

Lex Luthor Power Armor = fun
Dynamic Duo Funhouse

DC needs to do more than Batman stuff. So sad there is no Teen Titans despite a cartoon.

R5-N2 presents a very different Death Star:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57292768@N02/

dgWZuq3.jpg

DCStar (I know there's Marvel, but it flows) is awesome!

LA LEGO GAF, in case it hasn't been mentioned yet the Westfield Topanga LEGO store will have their Grand Opening this weekend and Saturday they'll be giving out the Limited Edition LEGO store set to the first 300 customers (that make a $75 purchase).

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/stores/us/topanga/

Los Angeles is one lucky city. That will make 6 LEGO stores plus San Diego Legoland about 1-3 hours drive depending where you live.

Superman Battle of Smallville is back in stock at Amazon for $32.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C8526RU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I bit. I hope that black spikey hair in this set comes in smaller sets or CMF in the future. I could only rationalize buying one of this set.

At this price, if you want a classic Superman and Wonder Woman in a good set at a STEAL of a price.
6862 Super Heroes Superman Vs Power Armor Lex $13.75 (save $6.24 31% off)

Bricklinking Superman and Wonder Woman will probably cost you $10-$12 + shipping.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Oh how frustrating-I am sorry to her it. Did the appraiser misrepresent the value of a property you are selling, or the one you are trying to buy?

Stay strong with those MF sets as long as you can!

Tryin to buy. House is a three bedroom with an office. No closet in that room. They appraised it as a 4 bedroom. Therefor the comparables were wrong. Now we have to double the down payment to get it. Can't do it. Best part is I paid for the appraisal. So frustrating.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Here's some pics of the 2 trucks I purchased yesterday at Toys R Us. The crew for both sets are practically identical to each other. Both sets come with the new garage tools sets. If you had to choose between the 2, I'd go with the monster truck transporter set. The monster truck is my favorite vehicle and hope to get the upcoming monster truck set in 2014.

I want to get both of these sets. Love the 6 wide trucks. Great pictures. Thanks!

Avixph

Cool tanks. What's that white thing sticking out of the side? RADAR dish?

Lex Luthor Power Armor = fun
Dynamic Duo Funhouse

DC needs to do more than Batman stuff. So sad there is no Teen Titans despite a cartoon.

DCStar (I know there's Marvel, but it flows) is awesome!

Los Angeles is one lucky city. That will make 6 LEGO stores plus San Diego Legoland about 1-3 hours drive depending where you live.
Yup

Tryin to buy. House is a three bedroom with an office. No closet in that room. They appraised it as a 4 bedroom. Therefor the comparables were wrong. Now we have to double the down payment to get it. Can't do it. Best part is I paid for the appraisal. So frustrating.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Is there no recourse for an inaccurate appraisal? No closet = no bedroom so that's a pretty big miss.

Go ahead and start building. I'd be pissed too!

chidrock

Just curious, but wouldn't it being appraised as a 4 bedroom help you? Usually 4 bedrooms are more expensive than 3 unless the comparables that they are using are from another part of town that might not be as nice.

I'm just mentioning that because if they adjust the appraisal to show as a 3 bedroom, it sounds like it could hurt you even more. Sounds like the owners might just be overpriced. I know when I sold my house the contract price was actually $5k higher than what it appraised at so I had to drop the price of my house so the buyer could still get it with their mortgage. (I did it bc I was happy to have a buyer at that point)

Calm Killer

Just curious, but wouldn't it being appraised as a 4 bedroom help you? Usually 4 bedrooms are more expensive than 3 unless the comparables that they are using are from another part of town that might not be as nice.

I'm just mentioning that because if they adjust the appraisal to show as a 3 bedroom, it sounds like it could hurt you even more. Sounds like the owners might just be overpriced. I know when I sold my house the contract price was actually $5k higher than what it appraised at so I had to drop the price of my house so the buyer could still get it with their mortgage. (I did it bc I was happy to have a buyer at that point)

I don't fully understand it honestly. This is the best way I can explain it. There have been issues with the appraisal since it was done. The way it was explained to me from my mortgage broker (who is my cousin so I trust him) is there is an appraisal on record at the courthouse from when they bought it. They have remodels the whole house since they purchased it. Court house appraisal is 3 bedroom. Our appraisal is 4 bedroom. Neither can be changed because the seller, them, and buyer, us would financially benefit from the change.

You can contest it. Doesn't sound like a very good or professional appraiser if won't adjust for an obvious mistake. Just need to do an internet search on definition of a bedroom for appraisal.

EDIT: That is strange that it can't be adjusted since it is inaccurate. I'm not an expert so I'm as befuddled as you why this can't be done.

chidrock

I don't fully understand it honestly. This is the best way I can explain it. There have been issues with the appraisal since it was done. The way it was explained to me from my mortgage broker (who is my cousin so I trust him) is there is an appraisal on record at the courthouse from when they bought it. They have remodels the whole house since they purchased it. Court house appraisal is 3 bedroom. Our appraisal is 4 bedroom. Neither can be changed because the seller, them, and buyer, us would financially benefit from the change.

Okay...the only thing that should cause your down payment to go up would be if the house appraised for less than your contract price. If that is the case, your realtor should be working with them to negotiate a lower price (unless you want to pay more than the house is worth). If they don't want to work with you and the sale blows up, I believe that they will have to disclose that to any future buyer because the idea is that anyone who tries buying the house will run into the same problem, so they will either have to find someone with extra cash who is willing to buy the house for more than it's worth or they will have to lower the price. In any case your realtor should be on your side working this out for your best interests.

Plus if you pay less, you will have more money for stocking that LEGO room...

Calm Killer

Okay...the only thing that should cause your down payment to go up would be if the house appraised for less than your contract price. If that is the case, your realtor should be working with them to negotiate a lower price (unless you want to pay more than the house is worth). If they don't want to work with you and the sale blows up, I believe that they will have to disclose that to any future buyer because the idea is that anyone who tries buying the house will run into the same problem, so they will either have to find someone with extra cash who is willing to buy the house for more than it's worth or they will have to lower the price. In any case your realtor should be on your side working this out for your best interests.

Plus if you pay less, you will have more money for stocking that LEGO room...

The down payment will go up because it is a different loan. The first loan will not be approved due to the appraisal. Either way, enough derailing the LEGO thread. NEED MORE LEGO!!

I finished up the Family House last night and I really loved it. The light brick does a terrific job warming up the space.

I may have a bug for these houses now....how is the Hillside House? Is it worth the $90 that a local shop is charging for it?

R-User!

Don't know if we are getting the house now. Appraiser screwed us over. Haven't built any LEGO in 3 months waiting to move. Thinking about breaking out all the Monster Fighters sets to make me feel better......

Sorry to hear about the bad news. But keep your head up... ...some bad things happen but end up causing unforseen good things to result from them; not always, but it's good not to forget that. :)

I hope you enjoy your Monster Fighter sets whenever you decide to build them. :)

Calm Killer

My wife made a sharknado around the time the movie came out. Just found this picture of it. lol

1185889_10201396072575737_330698959_n.jpg

ghostmind

Sweet, or "$90 bones" sweet?

I am going to stock up on roads and railway tracks next week during double VIP. Need to prepare for the mid-October spend.

It was originally a $70 set, so the appreciation so far is rather low, considering it was a TRU exclusive.

I would say it is worth $90.

Calm Killer

Looks like 76.73.76.68.82.77.73.68. I'll see if it coverts to hexadecimal.

Hexadecimal doesn't make any sense.

Looks like 76.73.76.68.82.77.73.68. I'll see if it coverts to hexadecimal.

Hexadecimal doesn't make any sense.

Other sites have said it spells out "nindroid" as in android ninjas.

NINDROID looks like the right answer. It's ASCII in binary. I'm too lazy to check out the rest.

01001110 = 78 N 4E 0100 1110
01001001 = 73 I 49 0100 100
01001110 = 78 N 4E 0100 1110
01000100 = 68 D 44 0100 0100

Sorry about all your troubles. Buying house is a pain since you are at the mercy of so many people unless you are loaded with cash and can dictate the term. It actually make sense from what you say. The way I see it is that your appraiser appraised the house for a 4 bedroom home (how did he miss the fact that it has no closet? I think the other requirements is window) but the current owner has it appraise as 3 bedroom (correctly per statue) so the lender is now refuse to underwrite for you because it is not the same house that they approve your loan for. To them the reliability is now higher since the house is worth less than the loan they approve for. May be time for new realtor if you have one, and best of luck.

Back to LEGO, so are they abandoning Chima?

At this rate, current Chima sets will still be shelfwarming far into 2014.

I just want Gorzan's Gorilla Striker for under $30.

I pick that up for $40.00 couple weeks back from toys r us. I haven't build it yet, my back log just keep growing from all these sales. (yeah I know first world problem).

Calm Killer

So i just bought the Bug Obliterator for like 50 euros... first set after my 5 month pause, hope i won't be disappointed by it!

From my understanding you won't. I believe Bone and Ghostmind both have said it is the best of the galaxy squad sets. Galaxy squad isn't my thing so I personally can't say but they rave about it.

Best set not called Hive Crawler. :)

The Hive Crawler does look awesome, i am just waiting for it to go on another sale, then it'll be mine!

Also want the Vermin Vaporizer, with those 3 my GS collection should be complete, i don't need the rest of the sets as these look like they represent most of what GS is supposed to be i believe.

Does anybody here have experience bricklinking large volumes of grey/dark grey tiles? I have to imagine that's a pretty common order on the site. Are there any well-known sellers/stores that can be recommended?

Also, an interesting hint for 2014. Apparently Boat Mast Rigging is going to be produced again in 2014. So far this piece has only been used for six ships (plus UCS MF). In theory it could be used for a base of some sort (maybe a training camp for Ninjago) but it's generally too big to be used for anything but actual ships.

We already had a ship in LotR and there's nowhere it could really fit in The Hobbit. Could there be a Castle ship if that line continues, something in another line completely (some random use in Mixels?) or... a return of Pirates?

Either way, I think I'll put my ship building plans on hold. This single piece is a huge part of the parts budget and it will be available for order in January.

Also, an interesting hint for 2014. Apparently Boat Mast Rigging is going to be produced again in 2014. So far this piece has only been used for six ships (plus UCS MF). In theory it could be used for a base of some sort (maybe a training camp for Ninjago) but it's generally too big to be used for anything but actual ships.

We already had a ship in LotR and there's nowhere it could really fit in The Hobbit. Could there be a Castle ship if that line continues, something in another line completely (some random use in Mixels?) or... a return of Pirates?

Either way, I think I'll put my ship building plans on hold. This single piece is a huge part of the parts budget and it will be available for order in January.

Holy crap at those prices. Wow. I've never even seen that piece before.

Top Bottom