• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Also, an interesting hint for 2014. Apparently Boat Mast Rigging is going to be produced again in 2014. So far this piece has only been used for six ships (plus UCS MF). In theory it could be used for a base of some sort (maybe a training camp for Ninjago) but it's generally too big to be used for anything but actual ships.

We already had a ship in LotR and there's nowhere it could really fit in The Hobbit. Could there be a Castle ship if that line continues, something in another line completely (some random use in Mixels?) or... a return of Pirates?

Either way, I think I'll put my ship building plans on hold. This single piece is a huge part of the parts budget and it will be available for order in January.

Where do you get the info for what's being produced?

Holy crap at those prices. Wow. I've never even seen that piece before.

I checked the reddish brown prices first and was like that's not too much. The light bley on the other hand. Yikes!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Argos I the UK has 3 for 2 on all toys, including lego. They don't do exclusives but get have eg r2D2 and the technic mobile crane mkII

neonglow

So i just bought the Bug Obliterator for like 50 euros... first set after my 5 month pause, hope i won't be disappointed by it!

I recently built this set. The building process was unique especially the wings and the moving cockpit. However the set is too heavy with everything together and not that great to swoosh around. It needed a handle like some of the bigger Star Wars ship sets.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Also, an interesting hint for 2014. Apparently Boat Mast Rigging is going to be produced again in 2014. So far this piece has only been used for six ships (plus UCS MF). In theory it could be used for a base of some sort (maybe a training camp for Ninjago) but it's generally too big to be used for anything but actual ships.

We already had a ship in LotR and there's nowhere it could really fit in The Hobbit. Could there be a Castle ship if that line continues, something in another line completely (some random use in Mixels?) or... a return of Pirates?

Either way, I think I'll put my ship building plans on hold. This single piece is a huge part of the parts budget and it will be available for order in January.

Well they just came back out with minfigure pack of Pirates. So I would look for that series to be coming back. If you are a fan of Pirate you can only hope.

ghostmind

And here we go...

mQf9B3O.jpg

Four more sets to come:

70720 Hover Hunter
70724 NinjaCopter
70725 Nindroid MechDragon
70726 Destructoid

I'm most interested in the last two. I hear that the dragon is purple/black and is brick-built like the original dragons.

pizza dog

Banned
Alright guys I'm clearing out some room in my closet; new place just can't display all my LEGO sets so I'm paring shit down. Here's what up for sale:

10212 Imperial Shuttle
10227 B-Wing Starfighter
7879 Hoth Echo Base
10019 UCS Tantive IV Rebel Blockade Runner*

79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase

With exception of the Blockade Runner--notes below--they've all been bought and owned by a certified Adult and built once. I had broken out all the minifigs from the sets to display separately, so I may have had some attrition as far as the minifig accessories go, but I can definitely dig up the figs themselves. So condition is damn-near complete in well-treated box. Plus I mistakenly got a bonus mini VW bug when I picked up the recent Minecraft sets so one lucky winner might get that too.

Please PM for details/negotiations/picture requests/whatever. Also if you have any experience selling LEGO on GAF I would love someone to drop some tips at me as far as best practices go.

I live in Seattle so bonus points if you're in the area and we can circumvent shipping. I'm pretty nervous about shipping any of those larger sets, I expect it'll be onerous and expensive. I have a few more sets I'm not in love with I might post soon in the next month or so; I have one more bookshelf coming in and I'll have to see where I stand on space once I load that one up.

Thanks friends.

* Some notes on this one. I got it when it came out in 2001 when I was a kid, built it once then took it apart a bit later and it was in my closet untouched for a real long time. Built it again when I moved out of the house and have since deconstructed it again. It's not quite complete, but damn near; it's seriously only missing like a couple lil 2x1's and lil vents, as well as one kind of cylinder-based structure that attaches to one of the sides. Stickers and instructions are in good shape, box shows some real wear. Also I don't know what the difference is but mine is the black-and-white box.

And finally Kai's hair in LEGO form:

JOCfLmF.jpg

I like the spikey hair from sleepy head CMF. The pictured hair is more accurate, but it looks like the rubbery softer hair like in Friends.

I really like the new ninja masks. Will be very reusable and looks cool with hair.

Thanks for the news!

Picked up a small string of battery powered green LED lights (that look like spiders to boot!) and added a bit of flair to my Haunted House.

Debated between purple, white, or green lights. Decided green added just enough otherworldliness and creepiness to it.

neonglow

These new Ninjago sets are much better than the 2013 ones. I always preferred the futuristic looking vehicles. They closely resemble Exo-Force sets from earlier years.

7706-1.jpg

Picked up a small string of battery powered green LED lights (that look like spiders to boot!) and added a bit of flair to my Haunted House.

Debated between purple, white, or green lights. Decided green added just enough otherworldliness and creepiness to it.

That looks awesome, you're making me want to consider doing that. Now just add a bowl with some dry ice!

Ponn

Banned

Wow, love the green. I was going to just use cheap flickering tea lights inside with a black light. Make sure you take a full on photo shoot once everything is completely up and done. I'm sure someone on youtube will cover what you did.

I modded my Lego Pumpkin with a light brick, looks good. Unfortunately I have already lost the green cone/green flame piece off the top. I have an extra green flame piece from the HH set but no green cone. I'm using one of those flower stem pieces on top and I think it looks okay so I will just leave it. Cheap fun polybag I have to recommend for Halloween.

ghostmind

I have three extra VW Camper polybags, which Fowler, neonglow and tiggerkiddo had asked for previously. However, I am in Canada right now, and shipping to the USA is about $8.00 each.

I'll be in the US in a few weeks, and can ship them then. If these three LEGO-GAF'ers are still interested, then PM me your mailing addresses.

^^ that's awesome!!

I love the second picture. Classic horror movie vibe.

Those green LEDs are awesome... I might need to go shopping for some for my HH.

That looks awesome, you're making me want to consider doing that. Now just add a bowl with some dry ice!

Wow, love the green. I was going to just use cheap flickering tea lights inside with a black light. Make sure you take a full on photo shoot once everything is completely up and done. I'm sure someone on youtube will cover what you did.

I modded my Lego Pumpkin with a light brick, looks good. Unfortunately I have already lost the green cone/green flame piece off the top. I have an extra green flame piece from the HH set but no green cone. I'm using one of those flower stem pieces on top and I think it looks okay so I will just leave it. Cheap fun polybag I have to recommend for Halloween.
Thank you. Just grabbed some cheap lights from the Halloween sections at Target. $8 for the shaped Halloween lights. They had white skulls or ghosts, orange pumpkins, purple bats, and green spiders. Almost got the cheap white Christmas ones, but still opted for green. Only ten lights on the strand, but it runs on AA batteries.
Threaded the lights through the side door of the house, then wound them up the stair case and then up the attic ladder before closing the house back up. The battery pack is on the backside of the cliff behind the house so I can turn it on and off at will. Might monkey with where the lights are in the house so it is brighter from the outside. Tempted to get other colors for Vampyre Castle.

neonglow

I have three extra VW Camper polybags, which Fowler, neonglow and tiggerkiddo had asked for previously. However, I am in Canada right now, and shipping to the USA is about $8.00 each.

I'll be in the US in a few weeks, and can ship them then. If these three LEGO-GAF'ers are still interested, then PM me your mailing addresses.

Someone else can take my place. I ended up with a couple of them after all the LEGO purchases I made in September. Thanks for helping everyone out!

R-User!

I'm up for one if thats ok?... Would it be a trade? :)

PSA: Lex Luthor's Power Armor, AKA one of the best sets under $20 is on sale for only $13.75 on Amazon right now.

6862_alt1.jpg

Seriously. One of the best sets going right now. And dirt cheap, which only makes it sweeter.

Seriously, one of the best values. Lex Luthor is not highly sought, but I have found his black suit very useful. It's a good minifig for generic use. You can make Superman and Wonder Woman make out after defeating Lex and his power armor.

The robot is highly posable too. Lots of fun at the desk. Easy to mod too.

Corporate Raider and his sidekick, Lawyer.

TRU Bricktober Minifig Collections:

IVi3Wqm.jpg
t8ZCEmU.jpg
XPYODmb.jpg

MEH. If you are just starting to collect minifigs, it's a nice assortment. $20 for those is not worth it. I do like the blue wizard, but that's about it. Free giveaway with purchases if you can find stuff close to MSRP, sure.

Seriously, one of the best values. Lex Luthor is not highly sought, but I have found his black suit very useful. It's a good minifig for generic use. You can make Superman and Wonder Woman make out after defeating Lex and his power armor.

The robot is highly posable too. Lots of fun at the desk. Easy to mod too.

Corporate Raider and his sidekick, Lawyer.

MEH. If you are just starting to collect minifigs, it's a nice assortment. $20 for those is not worth it. I do like the blue wizard, but that's about it. Free giveaway with purchases if you can find stuff close to MSRP, sure.
Wait, how do I get a shark head? That is too cool.

Wait, how do I get a shark head? That is too cool.

Be aware it has some "Atlantis" markings on the head. Probably easy to "brasso" off if it bothers you.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=90283
158348.jpg

The LEGO Shop Mascot polybag is being given away to people that made orders on S@H recently. It's meant to promote the new mobile friendly website.

I really like this picture.

Thanks.

I hope that's true for all purchases for awhile. I plan on making one Oct 1st if they still have the minifig accessory packs available on sale.

I'm mostly not a Superman/Wonder Woman fan at all so is it still worth it if that's the case? I like Lex Luthor even less as well :-/

Even better! You can sell Superman and Wonder Woman minifigs which will almost pay for the set. Throw a toupee on Lex and it can be anyone. He doesn't sell for much (around $2).

Question is do you like the robot and coloring?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If not, can I have first dibs? In the UK but really want one to go with my big VW camper, and nothing in the store is grabbing me right now.

Edit: screw it, just bought one from ebay :)

wetwired

Awesome!, now add some dry ice :)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

This looks amazing Bone. Love the feeling it gives to the scene.

Calm Killer

They may have ran out. I find with some of those, I have to get them at the start of the month or I'm out of luck.

Yea, I have had this issues as well. The brick and mortar stores will definitely run out as I have found out a couple times. No Jor-el for me. I was lucky enough to convince support to send me the Ironman set one time, but that is pushing it. If you don't get it early, you usually have issues getting it at all.

I'm mostly not a Superman/Wonder Woman fan at all so is it still worth it if that's the case? I like Lex Luthor even less as well :-/

The build is what makes it so great. The figures are more like the whipped cream, sprinkles, and cherry on top of it.

Think my favorite moment in building it was putting the chunk of Kryptonite into the body of the gun.

The double VIP exclusion list is total garbage.

All the modulars, the big SW sets...Horizon Express, the Camper van, the Winter Village sets, Orthanc, the expert creator sets like Tower Bridge & Opera House....

Was it like that last year? I was really hoping to get the van, wv market and the horizon express.

All the modulars, the big SW sets...Horizon Express, the Camper van, the Winter Village sets, Orthanc, the expert creator sets like Tower Bridge & Opera House....

Was it like that last year? I was really hoping to get the van, wv market and the horizon express.
What? Wtff?

Calm Killer

WHAT?!

So not only did they pull the BS with no more 10% coupon on the large sets, they are now also excluding those in the double VIP offer? They might as well just stop with the double VIP then because I am not going wait to drop the cash now. what a bunch of bullshit!

Naka

Source??

Calm Killer

They are doing this to try and force us into buying the smaller sets from them instead of targeting the deals from amazon, target and walmart. I usually only buy the large sets from LEGO stores or S&H and buy the smaller sets from resellers. You get better deals that way. They are really starting to alienate their customers with this kind of stuff.

What? Wtff?

WHAT?!

So not only did they pull the BS with no more 10% coupon on the large sets, they are now also excluding those in the double VIP offer? They might as well just stop with the double VIP then because I am not going wait to drop the cash now. what a bunch of bullshit!

The manager at my local LEGO store actually showed me the list he had printed off from corporate. Saw it with my own two eyes. He assessed it and assumed it meant none of the "newish" sets, or the ones "on their way out" will be included.

I'm really disappointed. Was going to stock up on sets in October. Bummer.

On a somewhat related note, he did say that they haven't gotten Fire Brigade in months.

Top Bottom