• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

wetwired

Finished the console platform and chair for the bat 'puter. There's still a bit of tidy up left to do and polish but it's mostly done, I'll need the custom screen stickers too

COkiR0V.jpg

Also Myer has 20% lego at the moment so I managed to snag these new sets, I had to ring around to find which stores had them though.

1kISCjR.jpg

I used to scoff at the backlog pics you guys used to post but I'm in the same boat, All of the above, the penguin roller, second GB HQ and the Assembly Square I've still got unopened on a shelf :/

Finished the console platform and chair for the bat 'puter. There's still a bit of tidy up left to do and polish but it's mostly done, I'll need the custom screen stickers too

COkiR0V.jpg

Also Myer has 20% lego at the moment so I managed to snag these new sets, I had to ring around to find which stores had them though.

1kISCjR.jpg

I used to scoff at the backlog pics you guys used to post but I'm in the same boat, All of the above, the penguin roller, second GB HQ and the Assembly Square I've still got unopened on a shelf :/
I love the chair. Always a sucker for awesome micro builds like that.

Ponn

Banned

COkiR0V.jpg

1kISCjR.jpg

That's looking awesome Wetwired, totally jelly about the new TLBM pick ups. Before I get those I need to decide if i'm going to get Arkham Asylum or not. Keep posting updates, i'm gonna steal some ideas when I finally get around to making my Batman long shelf with huge Batcave. It's pretty much going to be a mish mash of the Lego Batman Movie batcave and the Adam West Batcave set but I want to make a better Bat-puter like you are doing. I've been thinking of using alot of the parts from the Dimensions Batcave build along with TLBM Batcave version combine to make a bigger one. The baseplate that goes over the Dimensions pad may be a weird shaped piece but it's actually pretty useful in building a Bat=puter setup.

wetwired

That's looking awesome Wetwired, totally jelly about the new TLBM pick ups. Before I get those I need to decide if i'm going to get Arkham Asylum or not. Keep posting updates, i'm gonna steal some ideas when I finally get around to making my Batman long shelf with huge Batcave. It's pretty much going to be a mish mash of the Lego Batman Movie batcave and the Adam West Batcave set but I want to make a better Bat-puter like you are doing. I've been thinking of using alot of the parts from the Dimensions Batcave build along with TLBM Batcave version combine to make a bigger one. The baseplate that goes over the Dimensions pad may be a weird shaped piece but it's actually pretty useful in building a Bat=puter setup.

Mine's meant to be a mashup of the LBM batcave and a burton style one, nothing specific though. I can't even hazard to guess how big the real batcomputer is in the movie, I reckon it's at least double the size of mine.

I skipped on AA, looks pretty stale to me. I skipped on the regular batmobile and the scuttler too

A friend brought her three-year-old to check out my collection. He was fascinated by the Carousel and the VW Beetle and Van, but most of all by a little rocket car from Time Cruisers, which I had bought recently just to see what it was all about. Needless to say, I let him keep it.

On another note, I'm making a BaP order to get a bunch of semi-rare parts without ordering from a ton of different sellers. Does anyone know if we're getting anything interesting as a bonus on July 1st, in Europe? In that case I'll wait.

DonShula

Double VIP on Saturday.

::rubs hands together::

Not sure what I'm gonna buy, but I'm gonna buy something. And I'm not gonna redeem any VIP points because I'm saving them for The Last Jedi sets. And when The Last Jedi sets come out I'll find some other reason not to spend the points yet.

gsrjedi

Double VIP on Saturday.

Not sure what I'm gonna buy, but I'm gonna buy something. And I'm not gonna redeem any VIP points because I'm saving them for The Last Jedi sets. And when The Last Jedi sets come out I'll find some other reason not to spend the points yet.

Gotta soften the blow of the Falcon somehow

Ponn

Banned
Double VIP on Saturday.

Hate how the Piggy Bank is timed after double VIP but I should be use to Lego doing that by now. Despite the negatives against Arkham Asylum i'm still leaning towards it because of that fig collection and some of the unique pieces. being a TRU exclusive also makes it worth it to get from Lego store during double VIP. I can do something with the build itself too, like I don't know turning it into a GCPD or something. Oh or mabye a Gotham Academy with metal detectors!

bo4MrLel.jpg

Very tricksy, LEGO. Making me think it is bag by bag, then just dumping it all at once when you hit bag 2.

Thought maybe only certain bags for certain builds in it, but no. All models dump them all.

Oh well. Used to Creator sets being all or nothing, but the beginning was a fake out.

DBT85

Double VIP on Saturday.

I'm dging toward Saturn V, Slave 1 and Tie Fighter. The first because I need it, the other 2 because they could get canned soon.

wetwired

I feel like a broken record at this point, but are we still out of luck on this front in the UK? I can't seem to find any trace of it carrying over from across the pond.

Australia is the same, they rarely run VIP promotions globally at the same time, UK will get it eventually though

_Rob_

How soon is eventually though!? Both the Brick Bank and Palace Cinema have been sat in my basket for far too long!

Also, a heads up that Amazon Prime Day is on 10th July; fingers crossed we'll see some Lego deals on there too. Were there any during last year's?

DBT85

I feel like a broken record at this point, but are we still out of luck on this front in the UK? I can't seem to find any trace of it carrying over from across the pond.

One site was reporting the EU gers the same double points from the 1st. Also that Saturn V would be back in stock

Osahi

There was a french banner somewhere, so I guess Europe is included. Might tempt the missus to go to the Lego Store saturday, though as it is the first day of sales in Belgium and the store is in the biggest mall of the country, I am not sure she'll want to face the crowds...

We began building palace cinema yesterday. Feels so good to build a modular again. Got this off warehouse deals a while ago, just hadn't made it yet.

ghostmind

Apparently the LEGO Twitter account posted the pic, inadvertently scooping their own announcement. It was removed shortly thereafter.

papluh

probably ashamed for the potato quality of the pic, what did they use ? some old mobile ? lot of noise
And it seems they lost a rear view mirror.

DonShula

How do people feel about the Rathtar Escape Star Wars Set?

I liked it. The rathtars are pretty cool little builds. The rest of the structure is pretty standard as far as building goes. As far as playability for kids goes, you can interchange the modules (there are three of them) and there's a trap door for a minifig to peak out of. Two of the doors can be rigged to drop open or closed.

But the set really shines on display. The minifigs have a standard expression and a panicked expression so you can pose them in action. The two guavian death gang guys are pretty much in the set specifically to put in the rathtars' mouths and the effect is hilarious. Personally I like the color combos as well.

Negatives: the Han and Chewie figs are the exact same ones from the Falcon.

I would recommend the set for big TFA fans.

Currently building Temple of Airjitzu (finally, duh) and...

for those here that have actually built it, how do you pick the whole thing up later???

Is it better to build it building by buidling or assemble it all and transport afterwards? Kinda like Ewok Village in that regard?

ghostmind

I liked it. The rathtars are pretty cool little builds. The rest of the structure is pretty standard as far as building goes. As far as playability for kids goes, you can interchange the modules (there are three of them) and there's a trap door for a minifig to peak out of. Two of the doors can be rigged to drop open or closed.

But the set really shines on display. The minifigs have a standard expression and a panicked expression so you can pose them in action. The two guavian death gang guys are pretty much in the set specifically to put in the rathtars' mouths and the effect is hilarious. Personally I like the color combos as well.

Brickset reviewed it recently as well: https://brickset.com/article/28746/review-75180-rathtar-escape

I don't have it yet, but I'm just waiting on a good promo (or sale). It will make a great display piece, and finally a place to put those Kanjiklub members from the 75105 Falcon.

papluh

Currently building Temple of Airjitzu (finally, duh) and...

for those here that have actually built it, how do you pick the whole thing up later???

Is it better to build it building by buidling or assemble it all and transport afterwards? Kinda like Ewok Village in that regard?

I'd suggest detaching the side buildings, I did not trust the 2 pins to hold those connected to main tower...

Experien

So much praise...I really want the guavian death gang and debating if I should just buy them or the whole set.

Haines

Banned
Is creator deli worth getting for any reason. Its 15 off here.

The build looks boring but i wonder if its worth grabbing for all the doors and windows to just build with

Top Bottom