• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Nope then, I'll just get the VW camper van instead.

If the face was more like this, I would be more interested. Using SNOT in clever ways like this ideas submission is more in line with what I would expect from the creator expert vehicles. The official one looks unfinished and blocky.

4448486-o_1bhhq5fah1dtr1cuhjfd9h81jpsc-ka604Fi_D8VpTw-thumbnail-full.jpg

If the face was more like this, I would be more interested. Using SNOT in clever ways like this ideas submission is more in line with what I would expect from the creator expert vehicles. The official one looks unfinished and blocky.

Seconding this. I will get it eventually, but meh right now.

Again, Turbo Track Racer to scratch that itch.

I think I'll just wait a little longer and get the Old Fishing Store for $10 more than the London Bus.

Granted, I'm not the biggest LEGO vehicle fan out there (don't actually own any of them), but my love of the Ideas/Cuusoo theme and the Old Fishing Stores great look and decent value are just too much to resist.

otapnam

Bought the creator cabin for 27 canadian from Walmart.

Still really want that rv. God thats a beautiful 3 in 1.

Yeah i had bought the suv with trailer first and then rv before realizing the middle size camper was retired. So i ended up picking up the camper used from brick link.

The 2 smaller sets are great. I've yet to open up the rv yet though. Haha

Lego posted a time lapse build of the London bus on their Facebook page. That intrigued me a bit more.
I know I will bite eventually anyways. Why delay the inevitable?

But, I do need money for the Ninjago sets of doom coming.

ChryZ

Huh? July 1st and nothing changed on the store. Shouldn't there at least be a new promotion?
... taken from the promo page in the VIP section:

"*Offer is valid July 1st - July 4th (11:59pm EDT timezone) 2017"

That's roughly in 9 hours from now, AFAIK.

DBT85

Double VIP is live in the UK.

Saturn V still out of stock though. And no other new promos.

Slave 1 and Tie ordered then. I'll have to hope Saturn V comes back soon.

Very nearly bought Parisian Restaurant or Brick Bank but held off. I'm not in to modulars yet and I'll stave it off while I can!

mrkgoo

I purchased the Creator Turbo Racer. I'm on hiatus with Lego, but it was over 20% off and came with a free batman/Joker mini fig set, so I thought what the hey....

Just_one

still no saturn V... how can something so fresh be out of stock....get your shit together lego....you produce the pieces so why is it out of stock??

still no saturn V... how can something so fresh be out of stock....get your shit together lego....you produce the pieces so why is it out of stock??

They severely underestimated demand.

Making pieces, arranging them together, printing instruction manuals and boxes, packaging them all up - takes time, and their production lines aren't unlimited, they're making London buses at the same time and all the other new sets, so they need to find a window to re-print this.

It's annoying that we can't even back-order it though, just so we know it's definitely coming back!

The Classic Batcave is on sale on legoshop.com. Could go nicely with the double VIP.
$216 isn't a bad price for the Classic Batcave.

I got lucky and my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas. The set has some great parts, like the Batmobile, the office room, the Reactor, and the minifigs are fantastic. But some larger parts are kinda so-so, like the firepole/building section and the helicopter pad (I didn't even bother building the helipad).

For the discounted price I'd definitely recommend it, but at full price it's a bit much.

papluh

One has to consider that Ideas set is bigger about 20% in dimensions and 40% in piece count. Even now people are already complaining about the cost of the smaller official one while being a niche vehicle (plus the current budget demanding year).
And that added ~7cm, it gave the Ideas submission creator the option to distribute like 8 bricks throughout the length of the model, then it is "easy" to have nicer curves.
The size of the ideas one has a disadvantage of having the wheel too small to scale. Just compare http://routemaster.org.uk/img/history/2120-RM.jpg (it is the non stretched one without small mid window) and https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.ne.../4448494-02-N_GFFwVRuNCvXA-thumbnail-full.jpg

As for the official one, once it is out I expect MODders to race to beat LEGO to make a nicer one without the self induced limitation on illegal connections or simplification of builds for general public or using just current part. Then we can compare the results.

PS: counting 26 full size benches per 15-16 bricks plus some additional seating, it makes the seat about 20-25% of the total brick count :D

One has to consider that Ideas set is bigger about 20% in dimensions and 40% in piece count. Even now people are already complaining about the cost of the smaller official one while being a niche vehicle (plus the current budget demanding year).
And that added ~7cm, it gave the Ideas submission creator the option to distribute like 8 bricks throughout the length of the model, then it is "easy" to have nicer curves.
The size of the ideas one has a disadvantage of having the wheel too small to scale. Just compare http://routemaster.org.uk/img/history/2120-RM.jpg (it is the non stretched one without small mid window) and https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.ne.../4448494-02-N_GFFwVRuNCvXA-thumbnail-full.jpg

As for the official one, once it is out I expect MODders to race to beat LEGO to make a nicer one without the self induced limitation on illegal connections or simplification of builds for general public or using just current part. Then we can compare the results.

PS: counting 26 full size benches per 15-16 bricks plus some additional seating, it makes the seat about 20-25% of the total brick count :D

I still think its possible to get something nicer with those limitations. Theres been plenty of fantastic lego engineering in previous sets to get great looking results, I dont see why it couldnt happen here as well. They pulled off the face of the VW beetle brilliantly without making it jittery and blocky.

What's the early exclusive? Ninjago City?

They are promoting the London Bus which is a September 1st set. Maybe it is the early exclusive? I was hoping for Old Fishing Store or Ninjago City, it would be nice to get those cavemen. I cannot read the fine print, the cavemen offer is valid until which date?

Is there a Flintstones-esque Batmobile design somewhere?

Something in line with this?

2886143-o_1b9ukhh0p8s414lt1q7d1o5718mv7-thumbnail-full.png

Haines

Banned
Wife and kids are building the lego friends dog grooming parlour (she owns one)

They are having a blast, and im getting some feet up on the couch after working on motorcycle all day.

DonShula

I looked long and hard at that classic Bat Cave today. Walked away with the Parisian Restaurant instead.

Edit: the free tote bag is legit. Nice size.

ghostmind

They are promoting the London Bus which is a September 1st set. Maybe it is the early exclusive? I was hoping for Old Fishing Store or Ninjago City, it would be nice to get those cavemen. I cannot read the fine print, the cavemen offer is valid until which date.

London Bus is August 1st, or July 17th for VIPs (or today if you visit a greater London store)

Ninjago City is September 1st, or August 16th for VIPs

And here's a better image of the August calendar:

LMGqRHW.jpg

UCS Falcon rumor time

October 1st release
Mid-September VIP release
Reveal on Force Friday (September 1st)
Special packaging, unique from previous UCS sets

Brickset has recently changed the listing for 75192: https://brickset.com/sets/75192
MINE!

I am excited for the Ninjago big sets, but UCS Falcon is all that truly matters.
Any word on piece count? Price?
Current rumor is 7000+ pcs and $800

London Bus is August 1st, or July 17th for VIPs (or today if you visit a greater London store)

Ninjago City is September 1st, or August 16th for VIPs

And here's a better image of the August calendar:

LMGqRHW.jpg

Ah, sorry. Somewhat I confused the London Bus date with OFS. Thanks for the clarification.

One more thing: BrickFan is reporting that Palace Cinema is retiring soon, together with Classic Batcave and a few others. Have you heard the same thing? I wasconsidering getting another modular, but Palace Cinema is the least I like, but maybe I should get it.

Top Bottom