• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Jimrpg

Nothing yet - at this point in the year we've only got those who've seen the initial 2018 retailer catalog, and so far the only one who is talking about it is Sir Von Lego.

I'll reach out to him, and let's see if he responds.

Cool!

He's the one who posts on Eurobricks.com forum?

Sir von Lego posted details about City subthemes:

60170 Offroad pursuit, gangster and police bike, 2 minifigs

60171 Pursuit through the mountains, 4 minifigs, like a starter pack, and a new piece looking like a bee yard

60172 Pursuit on the road, one bike, one ganster car, one police car and a small rock

60173 Mountain hideaway, big police helicopter, mountain with gangsters hut, gangsters buggy, 4 minifies, one bear

60176 Pursuit on the river, 2 boats, one small red one, one police boat

60174 Headquarter of mountain police, with headquarter, 2 helicopters (1 gangster, one police), bike, car, 6 minifigs, one "mountain cat", one gangster disguised like a tree

60184 mining team, 4 minifigs, starter pack

60185 Mining power splitter, like a excavator with a drill in front, a small rock to drill, one minifig

60186 Mining heavy driller, with "heavy driller", small truck, rock, a small station, 3 minifigs

60187 mining experts site, with gold min, rock, 6 minifigs, a small version of the technic set 42055 bucket wheel excavator

IHaveIce

Banned
Like Ghostmind already said, it is a shame the city line is so misused.

The things Friends does but in the normal Lego style should all be under the City theme.

Jimrpg

Like Ghostmind already said, it is a shame the city line is so misused.

The things Friends does but in the normal Lego style should all be under the City theme.

Well it's just a naming convention. They may as well call it Lego Action or Lego Boys.

Like Mining doesn't really sound like a 'city' thing.

Yeah itd be really cool to have a Lego line more like the things you see in a model railway set with beautiful modelled towns, houses, shops and things. They literally drip feed that type of stuff one set at a time.

SvL responded that he will post Creator and Friends 2018 set info asap.

Yay!

And man if you collected Lego City sets you'd have a million vehicles by now.

Brickvault is reviewing the new ninjago movie sets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M44vLk72QRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msJmh72u5jA

The mech dragon is awesome and on the level of the Morro Dragon in my opinion. Love the sand green pearl gold combo. And $50 is a good price, so I'll definitely get it.

The fire mech looks really cool but is completely destroyed by the lack of knee articulation. It just looks so stiff and awkward in any pose. Went from an instant buy to a complete pass for me. Unless someone comes up with a mod that adds articulation.

Jimrpg

I did it GAF, I got Assembly Square... only started getting sets this year and Assembly Square was a massive jump for me. The good news is that, everything else is way cheaper than this, so Brick Bank, Detective's Office, Parisian Restaurant will be a bit easier to swallow.

Also there was a really good discount this weekend, 25% off plus another $20 off on a coupon code, so it was AU$280, about US$220.

I won't be able to play with it till Christmas (its getting delivered to my home in Australia).

I think this will blow my mum's mind, and not in a good way - she's used to sets costing <AU$100.

DonShula

I did it GAF, I got Assembly Square... only started getting sets this year and Assembly Square was a massive jump for me. The good news is that, everything else is way cheaper than this, so Brick Bank, Detective's Office, Parisian Restaurant will be a bit easier to swallow.

Also there was a really good discount this weekend, 25% off plus another $20 off on a coupon code, so it was AU$280, about US$220.

I won't be able to play with it till Christmas (its getting delivered to my home in Australia).

I think this will blow my mum's mind, and not in a good way - she's used to sets costing <AU$100.

Wow, seems like a nice price. Enjoy.

DBT85

Man we never seem to get these things in the UK lol.

otapnam

It's sad to leave a cheerleader alone ;)

Well, a SW modular would probably be a creator expert-like set prices as a modular one ;)

I mean... Death Star, Battle of hoth and the old ewok village are pretty much modularish levels of cost and return right? &#128514;

Koren

I mean... Death Star, Battle of hoth and the old ewok village are pretty much modularish levels of cost and return right? &#128514;
What do you mean?

Death star is $.125 per piece, Hoth .115, Ewok .125

Assembly square is $.065

Assuming the usual price for a star wars modular, at $150, that could mean 1200 pieces, so about the same as the Beetle, or 1.5x the ~$60 creator family house...

Haines

Banned
those city sets sound so lame.

I suppose kids could dig the idea of cops vs robbers

Cant wait to uear what is coming for creator though

Jimrpg

Wow, seems like a nice price. Enjoy.

Thanks.

Man we never seem to get these things in the UK lol.

You mean discount?

I stumbled on this just now - http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/lego-creator-assembly-square-10255/TRUP2456660001 its 179 pounds, US$239? That's pretty good.

We've got some big department stores here (which have killed off the mom and pop shops) and Lego is one way they get people in stores, so we normally get some nice discounts for Creator, Friends, City and Star Wars. Lego Creator Expert not so much, cause its way more niche (and higher priced).

DBT85

Thanks.

You mean discount?

I stumbled on this just now - http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/lego-creator-assembly-square-10255/TRUP2456660001 its 179 pounds, US$239? That's pretty good.

We've got some big department stores here (which have killed off the mom and pop shops) and Lego is one way they get people in stores, so we normally get some nice discounts for Creator, Friends, City and Star Wars. Lego Creator Expert not so much, cause its way more niche (and higher priced).

That's the standard price.

I spent the bulk of today cleaning up our cold storage room under the front porch.

I ruthlessly purged DVDs, books, VHS tapes and electronics. I think the next step is to ditch most of the old LEGO boxes I've kept.

Before I toss 250+ boxes into the recycling bin, is there any market for old boxes? I'm planning to keep the ones for sets over $150 along with the Cuusoo/Ideas & Architecture ones.

KcWsAPG.jpg

Wanderer5

Played Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 at D23 Expo today, and got some lego goodies out of it too heh. Wasn't too big on the mission that they had, but I be checking out this game sooner or later anyway. Something I am really impress with is that they created a comic like style to much of the UI, like the hearts and text, and it feels so refreshing lol. At the gaming showcase, they revealed homemade outfit spidey also, which was kind of a disappointing character reveal personally, but whatever.

I had gotten a Loki keychain and a mini Quinjet.

16325605927_ec9e75afd6.jpg

I spent the bulk of today cleaning up our cold storage room under the front porch.

I ruthlessly purged DVDs, books, VHS tapes and electronics. I think the next step is to ditch most of the old LEGO boxes I've kept.

Before I toss 250+ boxes into the recycling bin, is there any market for old boxes? I'm planning to keep the ones for sets over $150 along with the Cuusoo/Ideas & Architecture ones.

I believe there is, but only for sets that are highly sought after and carry a very high aftermarket price. It's for completionists that manage to get a used set like Green Grocer or Ultimate Collector's Milleninum Faclon which doesn't have a box.

New DC set reveals

76096_Superman-Krypto-Team-Up.jpg

Feetal's gizz! LOBO!!!!!!

That's the DC equivalent of Deadpool. Looks like Superman is back to wearing his underwear on the outside. I like that they did Krypto but seems too much like that kid Krypto cartoon thingy they did awhile ago. My hopes for a Gleek with new mould is getting higher.

Feetal's gizz! LOBO!!!!!!

That's the DC equivalent of Deadpool. Looks like Superman is back to wearing his underwear on the outside. I like that they did Krypto but seems too much like that kid Krypto cartoon thingy they did awhile ago. My hopes for a Gleek with new mould is getting higher.

That would be Deathstroke though (unless you mean the trash talking)

Walked into Toys R Us today and found a lone Saturn V rocket sitting on the shelf. They even pricematched S@H so no TRU markup either. Pretty excited to build this thing.

It doesn't hurt to list them on eBay.

My GF had 2 giant moving boxes stuffed with mint condition N64 boxes with their instruction manuals. Ended up doing 2 lots of like 20 boxes each and both sold for nearly 300$ total.

Boogiepop

So wait, I was looking through the various superhero minifigures out there, thinking I'd go ahead and start bricklinking some here and there, since it's like... if they popped up in minifigure blind bags I'd choose to grab them, so why not like this?

And I realized... there's seriously no Daredevil minifigure? Like, wow. I know I could probably pick out some other fairly noticeable characters still missing, but Daredevil seems like a special level of a big old missing hole. Is it because he's a more "mature" character or something, so they've been avoiding him? But it's not like he's Punisher or something, and if they can make freaking Ghost Rider...

Ponn

Banned
So wait, I was looking through the various superhero minifigures out there, thinking I'd go ahead and start bricklinking some here and there, since it's like... if they popped up in minifigure blind bags I'd choose to grab them, so why not like this?

And I realized... there's seriously no Daredevil minifigure? Like, wow. I know I could probably pick out some other fairly noticeable characters still missing, but Daredevil seems like a special level of a big old missing hole. Is it because he's a more "mature" character or something, so they've been avoiding him? But it's not like he's Punisher or something, and if they can make freaking Ghost Rider...

There are plenty of holes, if you go digging you're going to drive yourself mad. Just think, there is an Iron Fist fig but not Daredevil. Just look at the X-men and feel the pain of missing iconic figs like Prof. X, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Jean Grey (only SDCC version). But hey we got Wolverine 3 times.

And then they come through with M.O.D.O.K., *shrugs* I don't know.

STPBMW

Neo Member

I am with you, huge Daredevil fan growing up and would love an Official LEGO minifigure.

My feeling is that there may be a few reasons. As you said, he is a more "mature" character, vigilante, and the current version of Daredevil right now is in the Netflix series which is a hard "R" rating. Second, Per licensing agreements, LEGO can't just produce figure packs for Superheroes as this conflicts with the agreements they have for the other brands(Hasbro, Mattel, etc..) who sell action figures. Lastly, LEGO always have to include a vehicle with or without a scene. Daredevil being blind and most of the story taking place in a relatively small setting of Hell's Kitchen doesn't lend to much vehicle usage, even for his enemies.

On a plus side, Marvel does own the rights again. His best chance might be in a Spider man set as they have crossed paths many times. The popularity of the new Spiderman movie and Spidey's inclusion in the upcoming Infinity War saga could give LEGO a chance to release a set.

I believe there is, but only for sets that are highly sought after and carry a very high aftermarket price. It's for completionists that manage to get a used set like Green Grocer or Ultimate Collector's Milleninum Faclon which doesn't have a box.

It doesn't hurt to list them on eBay.

My GF had 2 giant moving boxes stuffed with mint condition N64 boxes with their instruction manuals. Ended up doing 2 lots of like 20 boxes each and both sold for nearly 300$ total.

Thank you both. I may actually bundle the SW & Marvel ones independently and list them as a lot.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah this was a really great build

Only problem is finding a spot tall enough to display this beast :D

It's hard to see it but I got a pack of 3 different sized floating shelves off amazon for like 20 - 30 bucks awhile ago and I used the smallest one for my Tower of Orthanc and it works great.

Thinking about getting another pack of them and using the smallest one for the Saturn V since it has a similar footprint. The larger ones work pretty good for displaying varying sets by the way for anyone looking for something. I've had the Arkham Asylum set from several years ago displayed on one, the pirate ship from the RoTK LoTR sets on one, currently have two Black Gate combined sets displayed on one and the Birds set on the other.

Haines

Banned
Glad to hear it. We talked about it when you asked why I liked lighthouses, haha.

I enjoyed it too :D

Yes!

My son loved it as well.

i bought a large box of lego that was on sale on prime day so goimg to bust that open this week and see if he takes to being creative himself yet at 3 1/2

Servbot24

Banned
It's hard to see it but I got a pack of 3 different sized floating shelves off amazon for like 20 - 30 bucks awhile ago and I used the smallest one for my Tower of Orthanc and it works great.

Thinking about getting another pack of them and using the smallest one for the Saturn V since it has a similar footprint. The larger ones work pretty good for displaying varying sets by the way for anyone looking for something. I've had the Arkham Asylum set from several years ago displayed on one, the pirate ship from the RoTK LoTR sets on one, currently have two Black Gate combined sets displayed on one and the Birds set on the other.

Nice!

Here's my meager collection thus far, having just started this summer. I'd like to build the modulars across the tops of the bookshelves.

Haines

Banned
Thats a nice little collection.

Went and saw spiderman this weekend. Was fairly suprised at the love Lego got.

Great marketing or just a fun gag?

ghostmind

Sounds like the Star Wars winter wave will be releasing in December, and not January as usual, probably to create some space before the Han Solo sets are released.

And another buildable figure in the Winter wave: Darth Maul.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sounds like the Star Wars winter wave will be releasing in December, and not January as usual, probably to create some space before the Han Solo sets are released.

Well that's, uhh, certainly something... something that is gonna hurt my bank account severely.

There's a ton of characters left out of the first TLJ wave of sets, so I hope they can fill in some of the most glaring gaps this December. Really would like to have a TLJ Luke minifig.

Anyway, my current plan is to grab the Ninjago CMF set and 1 or 2 of the larger sets in Aug, then in Sept I'll snag the First Order Heavy Assault Walker, Resistance Transport Pod, Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter and *maybe* the Star Destroyer. Still deciding on which ones to spread out for later on.

But that Kylo Ren TIE will make an excellent build and display piece to keep my hype satiated until the film hits.

magawolaz

Noice.
Can we expect new microfighters this September?

Ryuuroden

Should be spider mech Darth maul version.

ninge

Big things are afoot in my Lego room!

My office / Lego city layout room is getting a long overdue redecoration. New floor, sky blue walls (so the city has a nice sky of course!), new storage areas etc. I'm excited to be able to re-work our city layout into something much more impressive.

We're gonna have tables around all four walls of the room with a lift out section by the door to create a full circle layout. The lift out section will be constructed to hang below the tables to create a rive/harbor area with our doubled up Spiderman Bridge Battle spanning the gap. Space is being reserved next to this for a harbor area and the old fishing store.

We're also planning to add a new modular width shelf along two walls of the room above the tables to create a tiered city where trains (and eventually an underground station) can run under the shelves along on the table and below the upper level of the city. We plan to use vertically positioned base plates with tiles and plates on top for brick details to create the front walls of this raised section, with tunnel entrances for the train, roads and the station and modulars along the front and along top of the shelf. Hoping the new Ninjago City set will be able to sit on the table and stretch up to the top level to help tie it all together too :)

Our newly acquired Lego Space monorail (with city tram modified to fit on it) will serve both levels of the city while a spur/branch line is planned to take inhabitants to a new theme-park area where our Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Temple of Airjitsu will live (like some sort of eastern themed Disney castle). The branch will have to wait until we can afford some more monorail track tho, so for now it's just gonna be a switch track to nowhere...

We've bought a few of the older creator houses recently too (Apple Tree House, Hill Top House, the old yellow beach house etc) to create a new suburban area as well, which will be separated from the city by the river and will have lots of trees and flowers to contrast it from the more built up areas. Excited!

At the very least I'll take a few pictures during construction to share here :) This has been a dream of ours for a few years now, so we're very excited to be getting the time to work on it!

Dismantling of the current layout has begun... Spare room is looking a bit crowded ;)

Big things are afoot in my Lego room!

My office / Lego city layout room is getting a long overdue redecoration. New floor, sky blue walls (so the city has a nice sky of course!), new storage areas etc. I'm excited to be able to re-work our city layout into something much more impressive.

I remember your city from photos you took some months ago. It was really nice and inspired me to create my own. Hope you can share new photos soon.

Edited: you just did it.

We've bought a few of the older creator houses recently too (Apple Tree House, Hill Top House, the old yellow beach house etc) to create a new suburban area as well, which will be separated from the city by the river and will have lots of três and flowers to contrast it from the more built up areas. Excited!

I have doing the exactly same (original) idea, got the Beach House this week.

By the way, help me guys! I should be saving for Ninjago City and Old Fishing Store but in the past week I bought Beach House, Palace Cinema and Fire Brigade, all sealed!

Top Bottom