• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

You have Green Mech Dragon already, right?

Yup, its awesome. Tied with morrow dragon as my favorite lego dragon. I was thinking of getting all the ninjago movie vehicles but I decided to conserve on space and just get the two mechs + dragon. The quake mech looks cool.

Im gonna be working at target for the next few months and Im gonna get a 10% off employee discount, toys r us has 20% off the fire mech already so I'll be able to nab it for $50

Yup, its awesome. Tied with morrow dragon as my favorite lego dragon. I was thinking of getting all the ninjago movie vehicles but I decided to conserve on space and just get the two mechs + dragon. The quake mech looks cool.

Im gonna be working at target for the next few months and Im gonna get a 10% off employee discount, toys r us has 20% off the fire mech already so I'll be able to nab it for $50

Yeah, couldn't remember who it was on here pimping Green Mech Dragon first, and I think it was you. It is such an awesome set.

Palace Cinema arrived today! I wasn't expecting it until later this week, so it was a nice surprise. However the bedroom is being repainted so there is stuff everywhere in the apartment, it's supposed to be done tomorrow so hopefully we can put everything back and start building.

wetwired

Home after the expo with the batcave, it took some damage on the trip home, but it's lego, it's fixable, I was going to make improvements anyway.

I'm more annoyed that the rack with the batsuits on it started seizing during the last day of the show, I'll have to pull it all apart to find out the cause :(

The next show isn't until June/July next year so I have plenty of time to upgrade it, but for now I'll take a break and get stuck into some of my backlog, Assembly Square, Old Fishing Store, Saturn V and TLBM Batwing are all sitting there waiting to be built.

papluh

Today (actually already yesterday) I got a double delivery.

After lot of complaining about my lost UCS MF order (done in the first minutes of going to sale and before crash, fully charged and with shipping stuck on delivery to DHL) ... I finally got to take one home. Had to drive to the Store and I guess the 'friendly questions by manager' were started first as a check if I ain't somebody not worthy :) I guess I passed and got to take that 15kg of wheeled box

But few hours before there was another delivery, with just 3kg and 49cm and lot of crying, but with a prospect to be more demanding and more joy than any of the LEGO stuff...

Oh and on the way there I picked the BB-8 for 30% off at local TRU. Just in case the agreement for the MF did not come through.

Just_one

need some feedback please

is the carousel worth it?

thinking of buying it (alongside the mechanical parts) and put it in the middle of my city surrounded by all the modulars i have

thinking of buying it (alongside the mechanical parts) and put it in the middle of my city surrounded by all the modulars i have
The build is extremely repetitious, but that is the only way to get something that detailed and pretty. It has so many awesome and odd techniques too.

I would highly recommend it personally.

wetwired

Stopped by Toys R Us on the way to work today, picked up two of the Batman Minifig Bricktober packs.

Had to buy the Scuttler which was marked down to AUD$105 and the Yellow Submarine to get them, not sure if I will keep the yellow sub though, what's the verdict on it?

Haines

Banned
Whats the difference between the brick friday offers each week on that calandar?

Are the sales any good?

My wish list is vw camper, destinys bounty and vacation getaway. Any chance of a deal on them?

My next purchase is vw bus. I was going to get it on double points. If you use points towards a purchase does it negate earning points for those dollars?

My falcon st8ll sitting at shipping label created. Strange right?

DonShula

Whats the difference between the brick friday offers each week on that calandar?

Are the sales any good?

My wish list is vw camper, destinys bounty and vacation getaway. Any chance of a deal on them?

My next purchase is vw bus. I was going to get it on double points. If you use points towards a purchase does it negate earning points for those dollars?

My falcon st8ll sitting at shipping label created. Strange right?

You don’t earn points on the part of the purchase that you use points to pay with. Which is one reason I seem to be amassing points but never spending them.

Haines

Banned
You don’t earn points on any part of the purchase that you use points to pay with. Which is one reason I seem to be amassing points but never spending them.

Ah, ok. I figured.

That kind of makes the points even less valuable than the already are. Guess ill just save mine too incase they have s9me wierd points promo

While I think the carousel looks great I gave up getting it because its scale would not fit the modulars well. It is really big (I had the same idea as yours until I saw it together with the modulars).

yAgcCZf.jpg

BVN6PGO.jpg

CJezGhU.jpg

The sale on November 18-19 is the same one from November 24-27, just an early access for VIPs? I am trying to figure it out when is the best date to get Ninjago City (plus the seasonal sets and maybe tne new Winter Train Station). Double points will be better than the nutcracker is this case I think, but just to be sure that there will be no deeper discounts on 24-27....

Ponn

Banned
Ah, ok. I figured.

That kind of makes the points even less valuable than the already are. Guess ill just save mine too incase they have s9me wierd points promo

Its best to just save up your points for one big purchase. Like just accruing them all year and getting the yearly modular.

You don’t earn points on any part of the purchase that you use points to pay with. Which is one reason I seem to be amassing points but never spending them.

That is not true. I used 200 points to save $10 on my Winter Train order in July and I was still credit 89 points (from the $99 price tag minus the $10 in points).

DonShula

That is not true. I used 200 points to save $10 on my Winter Train order in July and I was still credit 89 points (from the $99 price tag minus the $10 in points).

I worded that poorly. The “any” shouldn’t be there - just the part of the purchase that you pay for with points doesn’t earn points. I will go back and edit.

I worded that poorly. The “any” shouldn’t be there - just the part of the purchase that you pay for with points doesn’t earn points. I will go back and edit.

Yeah, I figured it, but that is exactly what Haines was asking:

. If you use points towards a purchase does it negate earning points for those dollars?

So you technically can use points in every order (in steps of 100 points or $5), using the points earned in the last order to save a little. Or you can save them for a full order.

The “any” really made a difference. But it is all clear now.

simplyred

Neo Member
Yeah, I figured it, but that is exactly what Haines was asking:

So you technically can use points in every order (in steps of 100 points or $5), using the points earned in the last order to save a little. Or you can save them for a full order.

The “any” really made a difference. But it is all clear now.

Additionally purchases made with points do not get taxed.

Carousel and Ferris Wheel would go well to make a carnival surrounding the Joker Manor on the outskirts of your city.

Finished bag 13 of Falcon. Calling this build complex is an understatement.
And I am terrified about picking it up and moving it still. I just worried it is going to snap under its own weight if I pick it up incorrectly.
Having said that, I am loving it. But just have no idea how to display it once it’s done.

ghostmind

But few hours before there was another delivery, with just 3kg and 49cm and lot of crying, but with a prospect to be more demanding and more joy than any of the LEGO stuff...

Congratulations! Is this your first?

Now to start stockpiling sets for when he or she gets old enough to start building. At least that makes for a good excuse! ;)

After lot of complaining about my lost UCS MF order (done in the first minutes of going to sale and before crash, fully charged and with shipping stuck on delivery to DHL) ... I finally got to take one home. Had to drive to the Store and I guess the 'friendly questions by manager' were started first as a check if I ain't somebody not worthy :) I guess I passed and got to take that 15kg of wheeled box

Oh and on the way there I picked the BB-8 for 30% off at local TRU. Just in case the agreement for the MF did not come through.

Somehow I missed your post (or at very least its meaning). Congrats! (for the Falcon too 😄).

simplyred

Neo Member

Congrats on the double delivery!

DBT85

Congratulations! My little screaming delivery is 7 weeks old today so I know where you're at. Trying to find LEGO parts while you're cradling a child can be an added complication!
Finished bag 13 of Falcon. Calling this build complex is an understatement.
And I am terrified about picking it up and moving it still. I just worried it is going to snap under its own weight if I pick it up incorrectly.
Having said that, I am loving it. But just have no idea how to display it once it’s done.

Eugh you're actually making me consider just doing it by bag.

Stopped by Toys R Us on the way to work today, picked up two of the Batman Minifig Bricktober packs.

Had to buy the Scuttler which was marked down to AUD$105 and the Yellow Submarine to get them, not sure if I will keep the yellow sub though, what's the verdict on it?

The Yellow Submarine looks great and is small enough that it fits anywhere. Also, Beatles minifigs! If you don't like the clothes, give them new bodies and put them on a crossing somewhere.

papluh

Now to start stockpiling sets for when he or she gets old enough to start building. At least that makes for a good excuse! ;)

Congratulations! My little screaming delivery is 7 weeks old today so I know where you're at. Trying to find LEGO parts while you're cradling a child can be an added complication!

Congrats on the double delivery!

Somehow I missed your post (or at very least its meaning). Congrats! (for the Falcon too 😄).

thanks a lot
yes, it is a firstborn, daughter

The Duplo collection in our family is at mother's place. I was putting there many of the -50% and ebay finds. Some Xmas she was not even telling at work how much Duplo she got for presents as kids of her colleagues got less :D And I have 3 big boxes (each double HB HQ of my own stuff stored. BTW the shelf pic misses a 4x4 stud wide and 6 brick high tower of the big storage boxes ... full of LEGO. Goes in the family, I hope it will continue :D

As for transporting the MF box, it was already a similar training on how to get kid in the back seat :D

mwxflmk.jpg
RjXCvyR.jpg

wetwired

The Yellow Submarine looks great and is small enough that it fits anywhere. Also, Beatles minifigs! If you don't like the clothes, give them new bodies and put them on a crossing somewhere.

I dunno, I'm a bit of a slump with buying sets or any lego for that matter (above minifigs excluded)

I'm at the point where I feel like selling my batman/joker mosaic (I had planned to anyway), my framed Star Wars OT minifigs, and most of my CMF collection for that matter, just concentrate on batman suit variants, modulars and parts for MOCs

Osahi

thanks a lot

The Duplo collection in our family is at mother's place. I was putting there many of the -50% and ebay finds. Some Xmas she was not even telling at work how much Duplo she got for presents as kids of her colleagues got less :D And I have 3 big boxes (each double HB HQ of my own stuff stored. BTW the shelf pic misses a 4x4 stud wide and 6 brick high tower of the big storage boxes ... full of LEGO. Goes in the family, I hope it will continue :D

As for transporting the MF box, it was already a similar training on how to get kid in the back seat :D

mwxflmk.jpg
RjXCvyR.jpg

Congrats on the new adition to the family!

And congrats on the daughter too offcourse.

Just_one

thanks for all the feedback on the caroussel set!

regarding the november calendar , am i understanding things right?

So..Nov 18-19 you get 2x VIP Points but on Nov. 24-27 during black friday there wont be 2x VIP Points but you get the Nutcracker on orders above 99€ , therefore the Nutcrack is only available on Nov 24-27 ?

Ponn

Banned

Wow. First time I read that Papluh I thought you were talking about a set that was really making you cry like Hoth or something.

WHOOOSH

Congratulations!

God, I was dense last night not figuring out that second delivery. Congrats, man!

valkyre

Assembly Square or Ninjago City?

I already have 7 modular buildings so Assembly will fit so nicely with them.

Then again I have on another corner of my house the Temple of Airjitzu which is one of the most beautiful lego sets ever and I can only imagine what I can do with Ninjago city next to it...

Help...

Then again I have on another corner of my house the Temple of Airjitzu which is one of the most beautiful lego sets ever and I can only imagine what I can do with Ninjago city next to it...

Help...
Assembly Square is the better set of those two.

Just_one

Help...

Assemble Square.

Best modular to date...hands down.

Only thing that wouldn’t slide under to attach is the gunners station. That was terrifying to line up since you have to lift the ship over it.

Attaching that fucking turret was awful oh my god it took me the same amount of time to figure out how to go about attaching it as it did to build the damn thing.

Just_one

am i the only one refreshing this page left and right hoping for some new info on the new modular?
wasnt it suppose to have at least leak something info by this point?

Jimrpg

thanks a lot

mwxflmk.jpg
RjXCvyR.jpg

congrats on the baby!

and that's one heck of a duplo collection - one of the luckiest kids in the world!

am i the only one refreshing this page left and right hoping for some new info on the new modular?
wasnt it suppose to have at least leak something info by this point?

I am in a frugal mode and three modular buildings behind so I'm not in any rush to see the set I won't splurge on til 2019.

I still need ninjago city, old fishing store, some winter village sets, joker mansion, possibly Disney castle if that's still around ......

Yeah gonna have to prioritize and figure out what I'm actually buying.

Top Bottom