• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

papluh

It's a lot of duplo. I think I skipped duplo - the window of opportunity is quite narrow before they start on proper Lego

I have childhood pic where I was playing with system bricks around the time my sister was born which means I was like 2 years old.

Not sure if it was set 1922 https://brickset.com/sets/1922-2/Basic-Building-Set-with-Storage-Case , but we definitely had it as I can remember the cut off box lid with the little duck staying around long long time. Those sets came with 2x2 brick parts being the biggest. Right now you don't get those.
I guess the 2-3y olds of now would be able to play with those too.

The other thing is if you have more kids with about 1,5-2y apart it is so much easier to keep even the 3-4y olds at Duplo. Even if they would be able to play with those Juniors by themselves, turn around for few minutes and puff ... the ninja hid in the nose of they younger one....

Taisaijin

Any LegoGAF attending Brickcon this weekend? There's a scheduled Lego presentation for exhibitors that may be used to announce the next modular.

Ok so i KNOW it's been done to death and all but i don't care!!

I just got done with this set and you guys better get ready for Scouttrooper Shenanigans part ....10 i guess? (not sure how many times this set has been posted for shits and giggles but it was often):

6iEWtwr.jpg

fr4RlgJ.jpg

Z882ypA.jpg

UbX3o0B.jpg

zYdXCTa.jpg

HfZ6J1b.jpg

UvqMdXJ.jpg

Truly...the KING of posability!
Everyone that does not own this yet, get on it asap!! (or wait for a sale, but do not miss this)

DonShula

I’m running out of room to display Lego.

Seems like the most logical thing to do is to buy some seasonal sets and let those sit out around the house for a couple months, then put them into storage in January.

Ok so i KNOW it's been done to death and all but i don't care!!

I just got done with this set and you guys better get ready for Scouttrooper Shenanigans part ....10 i guess? (not sure how many times this set has been posted for shits and giggles but it was often):

6iEWtwr.jpg

fr4RlgJ.jpg

Z882ypA.jpg

UbX3o0B.jpg

zYdXCTa.jpg

HfZ6J1b.jpg

UvqMdXJ.jpg

Truly...the KING of posability!
Everyone that does not own this yet, get on it asap!! (or wait for a sale, but do not miss this)

This set makes me realize how much more people need to get into Constraction sets... so underrated and normally passed :(

UCS C-3P0 in scale with R2 and BB-8. All those gold bricks!

At that point, they should just say "screw it" and make most of the structure out of Duplo. It'd be the only way to keep the cost and piece count reasonable, and also help a lot with the structure.

Wonder why they don't include Duplo bricks. They work great for structure. And are completely legal with builds using regular Lego bricks.

This. I wasn't a fan at first myself, but Grievous and this one for instance are simply sublime!!

Bring on Fett now.
K-2SO is also fantastic.

Osahi

Boba would be super easy, just repaint Jango and call it a day.
There is a Boba coming if I am not mistaken.

I have a love/hate relationship with constractions. Don't like to build them, but can't resist buying them. They look so cool on display

This set makes me realize how much more people need to get into Constraction sets... so underrated and normally passed :(

They need to make less human ones and expand it for me to buy more now. I already have a couple troopers and dont plan on buying others with a slightly different build and will never buy one with a human face. Only times I get excited for constraction now is for cool builds like the speeder bike and K2S0. But thats like 1 set a year.

Gimme more robots or technic star wars vehicles and Ill get excited again. Maybe *gasp* a new theme

ghostmind

Picked this up today - very thorough coverage of the LEGO Star Wars sets frame their debut all the way to the new UCS Falcon (they miss the “The Last Jedi” sets though).

9kZsnsy.jpg

No minfig included however.

I stopped at bag 14 for the night. Will probably finish Friday now since Blade Runner is my night tomorrow and Thursday. Amazing build when you get away from the fiddly shit.
Been watching horror films as I build the last few nights. Tonight was a double feature of Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight and how Evil Dead 2.

Bag 16 time! The end is near!

Edit: stopping at 16. So exhausted. One last set to go and this beast is complete. Tomorrow!

ghostmind

I had it pre-ordered, but cancelled pending further impressions. Too bad they couldn't include TLJ and the new UCS Falcon.

The preview pages on amazon didn't really grab me. Neat as a coffee table book but I already have so many books like that which are LEGO-centric as it is.

The new UCS Falcon is in there, but not the TLJ sets.

And yes, while it is nice to have all of the sets in one large coffee-table book, there is a lot of repetition from the previous LEGO Star Wars books.

It's crazy how 4 months later it's still fluctuating between being in stock and not. Glad I got mine from Barnes and Noble a couple weeks before it came out

I actually found two of those at TRU a week or so ago. Seems to be the best bet if you're still looking for one.

Yeah I've been checking there, Barnes and noble and a local toy store for weeks and haven't seen any so far. The only thing my TRU had was the yellow submarine.

DBT85

I think I've decided to not mix the bags on my falcon. A sad day.

I mix because I like the hunt and like to prolong the build, but a 6 week old screaming in your ear does that last bit for me. Lol.

Still not 100% yet. We'll see.

Top Bottom