• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Watch: Siglemic to reclaim 120 stars World Record [NEW WR. Your turn, Nero.]

Well now that is dumb. There is an accepted method of beating the game, come on.

SDA is a great place for other runs. They're volunteer ran and are open to having categories with certain rules. With being volunteer ran it can take awhile for speedruns to be verified. So most won't necessarily submit a run if only a few seconds were shaved off.

Some games are more active than others and have communities with their own running scoreboards. SM64 is one of those games. In the past year the record has shrunk by like 4 minutes or so.

Related stuff and links

One of the largest collections of speedruns. Most runs include some text commentary to wrap your head around some glitches
http://speeddemosarchive.com/

Learn some tips and tricks in speedrunning Zelda titles.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/

A good site to follow people streaming and racing.
http://www.speedrunslive.com/

Dreavus

Hahaha, I love watching this guy. Had he not been streaming much until now? I always seemed to miss his streams for a few months there.

Apath

I don't really watch speed runs, but for some reason I love watching Siglemic's attempts. I'm considering donating money based on the hours of entertainment he's provided me with.

Dingotech

This was very entertaining when I watched some this morning.
Great skills and just interesting to watch how he navigates the levels.

Probably a good thing my work seems to block the page or I wouldn't get anything done...

It's surprising that he's reading the people's comments as he plays, reading that garbage would put me off... but I suppose the interaction is part of the draw for people to watch.

The beginning Peach voice-over shouldn't count against your time. Time should start the second you gain control over your character.

Dizzy-4U

Going for pilarless in 120 stars is gonna be frustrating.

He's really cool to watch, but I like the Sicko/TRV/Jiano/Jape combo when they play party games more.

Grinchy

Banned
His chat room used to annoy me when I first found out about Sig, but after a while, it can become comical. Taking anything that anyone says seriously is the first mistake.

Orayn

This could be the one. He's successfully negotiated the submarine and he's only four seconds over, while he's still able to shed 10, 20, or 30 seconds in some of the later stages.

Gunsmithx

So smooth, run seems to be going really well, would be funny if he got the WR just 2 days into his try's, I wonder if he would keep going to try and do even better.

Orayn

Ten seconds over... Not good, but still manageable. He gained like 30 seconds on WDW earlier today and apparently he can get FIFTY from a perfect Rainbow Ride.

Rapstah

Ten seconds over... Not good, but still manageable. He gained like 30 seconds on WDW earlier today and apparently he can get FIFTY from a perfect Rainbow Ride.

Oh, that's crazy. I can see the appeal to speedrunning this in this way then, with those constant seconds to lose or gain it's actually impossible for anyone to ever get the perfect run, but after a couple of runs you are going to have performed all the tricks and parts perfectly in segments. That's a recipe for obsession.

Orayn

RIP, nearly perfect run. We hardly knew ye.

Oh, that's crazy. I can see the appeal to speedrunning this in this way then, with those constant seconds to lose or gain it's actually impossible for anyone to ever get the perfect run, but after a couple of runs you are going to have performed all the tricks and parts perfectly in segments. That's a recipe for obsession.

Yeah, it's a pretty obsessive thing for the audience as well. It legitimately feels like I'm watching motorsports time trials or something.

EDIT: Hey, we're alive again! GOTTAGOFAST!

Top Bottom