• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Watch: Siglemic to reclaim 120 stars World Record [NEW WR. Your turn, Nero.]

Gunsmithx

RIP, nearly perfect run. We hardly knew ye.

Yeah, it's a pretty obsessive thing for the audience as well. It legitimately feels like I'm watching motorsports time trials or something.

I was trying to explain this to my wife today lol, she was asking why I kept turning away from the olympics to watch sig run. Shame about the crash though :/

Just did a 120 star run last week over the period of a day, Super Mario 64 is such an amazing game. Holds up so well.

Edit: Timing the speed of text, got dayamm

I think I'm bad luck. :(
Hehe, I got on the stream and it crashed within 30 seconds.

He is ridiculously good at the game, I get nervous just speedrunning games for random achievements. I don't think I could handle the pressure of doing a 2 hour run (well close) requiring near perfection. Good on him for starting it right back up after the crash, he's got a strong will.

Exeunt

I watched some of his attempts back in what must have been December or January and Siglemic looks like he is an absolute master at the game—I suppose you have to be in order to speedrun. I guess he must be on autopilot half the time since he still has a conversation with the people in the chat; I almost can't wrap my head around how he does that.

Orayn

I watched some of his attempts back in what must have been December or January and Siglemic looks like he is an absolute master at the game—I suppose you have to be in order to speedrun. I guess he must be on autopilot half the time since he still has a conversation with the people in the chat; I almost can't wrap my head around how he does that.

He's got a good 8-9 second break after some stars, but most of it is indeed just muscle memory for him.

Exeunt

He's got a good 8-9 second break after some stars, but most of it is indeed just muscle memory for him.

I never really thought about the downtime between stars to be honest, but it does make sense that he's working from muscle memory for the most part. Maybe talking to the chat has a sort of Spider-Man effect for him in that it allows him to keep calm or concentrated or what have you. I suppose it's just difficult for me to wrap my head around since I doubt I could play any game at his level!

I3rand0

This 12 hours every day is killing him physically and mentally. It's a lot to play the same game every day for 12 hours I don't know how he does it.

Sig has provided me a lot of entertainment. I donated $5.

Last night was definitely rough though when after 40 minutes, he doubled over and got the same star again because he forgot the order he was going in. Poor guy.

apana

Our priorities are truly messed up when we idolize swimmers, but Siglemic only gets a few thousand viewers for his amazing feats.

True, very true. It's a shame that he doesn't do Mario Galaxy because it is really fun watching him do linear levels.

Bowser's a dick. He's down a bit, but he just clipped into the pyramid on Shifting Sands, so hopefully that saves him time.

Greg

I never beat the game, I've watched about 1.5 hours total between all 3 days, and I'm already sick of the game.

I don't know how he does it.

Orayn

Dang, that really sucks. Couldn't he just swallow the couple of seconds extra from the US version? What about the updated JP version?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sig was mentioned in the official Nintendo magazine in UK :)

Luigi87

He was ahead to... I can't believe he crashed again.

He even waited before moving to see if that would prevent it.

the man is a freak of nature. i love it. it is a shame he doesn't do other games though. if one wants to truly pwn, one must pwn in all games

Top Bottom