• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 Vision 2009 confirmed - 25th Aug, 3 new titles

ethelred

slaughterking said:
Some Ninokuni demo impressions full of praise on Anoops blog:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/26/ni_no_kuni_playtest/

The notable points from that write-up for me:
• his description of the music and its quality sounds amazing; given what a musical genius Hisaishi is, I cannot wait to hear the score for this game
• world map, yay
• Alchemy Pot, yay :eek: (this is one of the best things Level-5 has brought to Dragon Quest
• having a quest log is definitely good; I like when RPGs add these conveniences, as it makes me more likely to complete side quests
• so, so glad it's a real and true (and turn-based RPG); I always half figured that even though it was labeled as an RPG, it'd turn out to be an actiony thing

All in all, sounding good to me. Exciting! Hopefully it gets localized, though.

biocat

The event was awesome. I haven't gotten around to posting about it yet, only a little little twittering from my phone. http://twitter.com/biocatziil

# Hide Nakata will be in the next Inazuma game. Both versions will have different opening and ending music tracks.

#
Fantasy Life will have 21 tracks of full vocal songs by Uematsu. One song for each of the 21 jobs in the game.

#
Next Layton will have a full extra game as bonus content. Brownie Brown producing it. Fantasy Life-like game but in London. London Life.

#
Ni no Kuni will be on a 4gb DS cart and feature CD quality audio performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic.

#
Went to Level 5 Vision yesterday. What's the big news? L5, Brownie Brown, and Uematsu make a non-violent RPG, Fantasy Life!

Ninokuni was awesome but I didn't get to play very far. Yes, the audio quality was CD-like. No tinny voices and music here. As far as gameplay, I didn't actually make it to any gameplay :p. I was savoring the experience too much and then they kicked me off!

Razien

Banned
How many games are there with 256MB? Not many, right?

I hope companies start using larger cartridges more. Games like Phantom Hourglass and The World Ends With You could be really, reaaaaaally benefited by higher quality, longer, more varied songs. I don't know how such companies (Nintendo, SE) can be cheap with cartridges when it is going to make the experience so annoying and less immersive.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Razien said:
How many games are there with 256MB? Not many, right?

I hope companies start using larger cartridges more. Games like Phantom Hourglass and The World Ends With You could be really, reaaaaaally benefited by higher quality, longer, more varied songs. I don't know how such companies (Nintendo, SE) can be cheap with cartridges when it is going to make the experience so annoying and less immersive.

I imagine it's an issue of cost. I had absolutely no issues with TWEWY's soundtrack. It had like 30 plus good quality varied tracks. It's one of the better OST's out there.

biocat

sprsk said:
Yeah no, you are right 4gb = 512MB

You were there? I was also there.

Woops. My bad. You're not an ass, sfried. :p

You were there, too? Where were you sitting? I was in the front row on the left side of the stage wearing a colorful hat.

sfried

biocat said:
Woops. My bad. You're not an ass, sfried. :p

You were there, too? Where were you sitting? I was in the front row on the left side of the stage wearing a colorful hat.
You guys are too lucky to be at events such as that. And I thought only journalists attended such shows.

Anyways, can't wait to get a hands-on (Ni no Kuni).

Razien

Banned
BorkBork said:
I imagine it's an issue of cost. I had absolutely no issues with TWEWY's soundtrack. It had like 30 plus good quality varied tracks. It's one of the better OST's out there.

Yeah, I know, but when it makes the game annoying, they should consider bigger cartridges.
I just realized that I grinded too much in TWEWY, that's why the soundtrack annoyed me. The OST rocks, but some songs are just a few seconds long, and that bothers a lot during cutscenes and all. Hearing the same song beginning over and over (they should make a system so that songs start from any point, and not always from the beginning) wasn't nice too. Sometimes I just stood there, doing nothing, so I could listen to the songs properly.

A closer look at Fantasy Life's different jobs:

bbyqf51t22dah0qt2.jpg

Treasure Hunter
Shop Owner
Student
Chef
Beast User
Carpenter
Pilot
Fisherman
Steel Worker
Tailer
Alchemist
Mercenary (soldier/assassin)
Mage
Farmer
Hunter
Mailman
Royal Soldier
Prophet
Dancer
Miner

bbyqgmzybnde6x77a.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/30/fantsy_life_lifes/

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175763

Was this posted?

Cliff Notes:

-Story involves stopping an evil sorcerer named Jabo who is stealing souls.
-Though battles are turn-based, characters can be moved around on the battlefield. (I'm guessing this is at the start of the turn, and it could use up the selected character's turn.)
-"Imagines" are avatars that represent a each character's soul. They can fight in battle like regular characters, and they may be removed from the party when not needed.
-Plus all of the already-reported stuff (i.e., 4Gb, Hero Points, traditional turn-based battles).

Top Bottom