• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 Vision 2009 confirmed - 25th Aug, 3 new titles

Tiktaalik

I'm not really sure where the Brownie Brown hate comes from. Many of their projects have been collaborations, so if there are any faults you should be looking at the design partner.

Their pixel art seems to be some of the best in the business.

Level-5 seems to be working some pretty wise business angles. Following the Pokemon model with dual Inazuma releases and putting their all into building a brand with the Layton franchise. They seem to have secured a pretty good future for themselves.

VegaShinra

AceBandage said:
I thought we knew about Inazuma 11 Fire/Blizzard ages ago.
We technically knew about Layton 4 ages ago, too. Just getting some solid information and release date stuff on them now, I guess, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They are taking the soccer tournament from the game "Football Frontier" and turning it into a real tournament where people will NOT play soccer, but go against each other with the game itself.

Awesome !!!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Captain N said:
level52.jpg
is that what brownie brown is working on in the new layton?

Tiktaalik said:
I'm not really sure where the Brownie Brown hate comes from. Many of their projects have been collaborations, so if there are any faults you should be looking at the design partner.

Unfortunately there's a bit of unwarranted stigma attached to their likeness... perhaps they should seek out rebranding.

teekun

Tiktaalik said:

Yeah, from a technical standpoint, they're work is fantastic. The problem is that they've been involved in two Mana collaborations with SquareEnix, with a designer who simply doesn't seem to know how to make a fun game anymore.

The Ghibli game will be last, I think. I mean, it seems to be their most ambitious new property. Right now, they're talking about old successful brands' futures.

cw_sasuke

Kobun Heat said:
Hmm, a new game in the Atamania series called "Mystery Room." This is potentially relevant to my interests.
Atamania - Saw Edition

Two detectives get strapped in the Mystery Room and have to solve mysteries.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
grandjedi6 said:
So 2 of the 3 new games are sequels to "Sloan & Mchale" and "Mystery Room"?
I don't think the Atamania games are what they were talking about, only the Mystery Room game is new though since we knew about S&M2 and the 3rd and 4th volumes of Atama Taisou.

jrricky

Banned
So we are actually an hour in, 45 mins to go...
AceBandage said:
Most of their games are going to be for DS, considering they've been making bank there like no one's business.
jrricky said:
Man, so much success for Level5's DS offerings (seriously what else are they making money on?)...it warms my heart.

ShineALight said:
Cool, Cardboard Wars. How are we doing on time?

1 hour so far. 45 or so minutes left.

sprsk: This game much like Inazuma 11 features anime FMV. You go around looking for other people to battle robots with.
10:36
sprsk: Robots are highly customizable, arms, legs, engines heads.

sprsk: The kids that star in the game control their robots with these cell phones. It pretty much is just pokemon with robots.

Actual battles look really cool a lot of dramatic animations for attacks. Seems like it's turn based.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jj984jj said:
I don't think the Atamania games are what they were talking about, only the Mystery Room game is new though since we knew about S&M2 and the 3rd and 4th volumes of Atama Taisou.
ah I see. So 2 to go!

On that note, Level 5 sure makes alot of games these days. Almost of all of which will never see the light of day overseas (hahah... :/)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pokemon with customizable robots? Sounds fun. :)

grandjedi6 said:
ah I see. So 2 to go!

On that note, Level 5 sure makes alot of games these days. Almost of all of which will never see the light of day overseas (hahah... :/)
Yeah they do, and I still doubt that new Atamania game counts as 1 of the 3.

cw_sasuke

Anime too ? Damns Level 5 took Nintendos/Pokemon Style an ran with it. They`ll make a ton of money haha.

ho does level 5 get all those deals ? at this point they are probably the most compentent japanese publisher/developer buisness wise besides N.

cw_sasuke

TheUnknownForce said:
I bet this game gets me to get a PSP. But I don't have the money for it D:

You have at least one year to save some money.

Top Bottom